• Published 1st May 2013
  • 810 Views, 4 Comments

Twilight's Diary - Marvelous Cheshire



A look at Twilight’s point of view during the events of The Mage's Jump. (CANCELED)

  • ...
5
 4
 810

Ch. 02


Dear Diary

Trace meeting my family definitely could have gone better. I mean, it could have gone worse, and I’m glad it didn’t, but I still can’t believe how they acted. Where do I begin...

My mother is a good place to start. I can’t believe how she behaved! I know she didn’t exactly approve of my relationship with Rover, but she didn’t have to be so rude about it. And did she have to come off as a speciesist by telling me I should dating ponies despite not knowing anything about Trace? I love my mother and I know she’s only concerned about my well being, but I wish she’d accept that I’m not a little filly anymore and can look after myself.

My brother wasn’t much better. while he didn’t immediately object to our relationship, I could tell he doesn’t approve, and probably would have spoken up if Cadance wasn’t there. And thankfully he talked to Trace for a bit and seemed to at least accept it, though I still can’t help but feel it’ll take some time before they have a chance at getting along.

Speaking of Cadance, her and father were the only ones that didn’t cause any problems… besides the rather disturbing incident when Trace was affected by Cadance’s aura, but overall they all got along pretty well. Cadance talked to Trace while we were waiting to meet the princesses, and they seemed to be getting along fine. From what I saw when my dad talked to him he was being his usual protective self, but at least seemed to give Trace a chance.

In the end, I guess I can’t blame my mother and brother for being concerned, mom’s never seen anything like Trace, and Shining has heard about how dangerous humans can be from talking to Alex and Matt about their jumps, so he’s probably just worried about if Trace ends up being a threat, especially one so close to me. I don’t know how to explain it, but every time a thought like that comes to mind I can’t help but feel Trace would never do something like that to me.

I guess I’ll just have to wait and hope they get along in time.