Scootaloo 2,571 members · 3,263 stories
Comments ( 80 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 80
EnderPon
Group Contributor

Read here before going on:

Have you read a Scootaloo story that you think is one of the best ones out there?
Well, here is the place to tell us. This is the thread where people can nominate any Scootaloo story they want to be added to "The Best Stories" folder.

Nominations must include the following (in the following order):
• Title and a link to the story (Link, not URL!)
• The Author
• A few sentence description of the story
• (Optional) Excerpt from the story (should display why this story is great)
• All major tags and themes based on our folders (Romance, Adoption, Tragedy, Taking Flight, As Time Goes By, etc.)(Remember, if you forget the meaning for the tags, check out the front page!)
• Major cast (characters)
• Story rating (and why)
• (Optional) Ask for critisism or praise from us admins. Especially in the case of arcum42 and me, we would be happy to give you the good and the bad of your story.

Example:

What's Really the Most Important

KrishnaKarnak (that's me, I think!)

Rainbow Dash feels like she has the perfect life with a newly adopted little sister/daughter in Scootaloo and a passive crush in her favourite Wonderbolt, Soarin. However, her life is turned upside-down as she is drawn into a new conflict side by side with Soarin himself. Rainbow Dash may find herself falling in love, but there will be lasting implications from the struggle that will affect both relationships, which in and of themselves fight for her attention. Will Dash need to decide what's really the most important to her heart in the end?

FIMFiction tags: Romance, Sad, Slice of Life, [Adventure, can't tag the story this as it clashes with sad!]
Characters: Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo, Soarin, Mane 6, Wonderbolts
Rated Teen for suggestive themes and minor language.

Additional Info:
• A Nomination Session will last until 5-10 stories have been nominated by others
• You can shamelessly self-promote your own story, but you must tell me you are doing so.
Let's say, for example, I wanted to nominate my own story. I would do something like this in the "Author" section:
DJ GarV the Expert (shameless self-promotion)
N.B: If you do self-promote a story, it will not hurt nor help your chances.
• You can nominate a story that is rated Mature, but you must write "Mature: Sex/Gore" (Depending on your story) as the rating, along with why that is the case.
• If you see a nomination that you agree with, thumb it up. It will give us admins a better idea of which stories are better for the job. 5 thumbs count as an extra admin vote. Same goes for thumbs down. (ADMINS CANNOT THUMB-UP A STORY)
• If you want to make more than one nomination, make a separate comment for each nomination. That way the thumb up system will work better.
• Maximum of 2 nominations per session.
• Make sure to respond to my most recent "Voting Session Results" comment in order for your suggestion to be read.

Happy Nominating!

So, here's how the voting goes: 
• An admin can either vote yes, no, pass, or undecided.
• If there is a majority admin approval, the story will automatically be put in the folder.
• If there is a majority admin disapproval, the story will not automatically be put in the folder.
• 4 upvotes count as one admin vote.
• If the admins cannot decide (as in 2 Yes, 2 No, and 1 Pass), the story is automatically a No.
     ◘ However, if enough people upvote the story, an extra admin vote will be added, changing that story status to a Yes.

• Note that you can challenge a decision if a story was not put where you think it should go.
◘ We will not accept the challenge if the decision for that story was made by a landslide (5 Yes, 0 No; and vice versa)
◘ A challenge to a story can only be made once. After that one time, the decision is final.
◘ If the admins cannot decide, but instead of the pass there is an undecided, the undecided admin can choose to stay in their position and let the story get rejected, OR act as a tiebreaker and decidedly induct or reject the story.

• In the event of a tie between two stories for the best vote result and the feature on the front page, both stories will be presented at the same time.
• In the event of a three-way tie (or higher) for the best vote result and the feature on the front page, all the admins will get to choose which story they think would be best for the feature. All of the stories in the tie, though, will be put into the Featured Stories thread.

Stories Inducted into the Folder

Sororal Instincts by Reptilicus
What's Really the Most Important? by KrishnaKarnak*
Our Time To Fly by Shokinaw
Clastic Glow by Rocinate
Sisters: Chasing Happier Times by lightfox lowell
Spellbound Fireflies by bats*
Tiny Wings by DeadParrot222*
Birthday Wishes by ShootingStar159
Working Towards the Future by Dasponi
How To Preen Your Chicken by Drakkith
Make A Wish by Perpetual Lurker*
Guardians of Many Hues by TadStone*

Stories Rejected from the Folder

Pattycakes: The Remake by Glitchy Productions
Freefall by Redigar
Sisterly Guidance by KrishnaKarnak
The Scootaloo Diaries by ImJustAnotherBrony♦
Our Girl Scootaloo by Cozy Mark IV and Jan McNevile
Daddy Loves You by powerpony
Scootaloo the Fugitive by Kaidan
Second Failures by The Lunar Samurai
What You Can't Tell Anypony Else, or Rumble's Reluctance by The Elusive Badgerpony

*Story has been featured on the front page and/or the Featured Stories thread.
†Story has had 1 challenge, and the story decision is final.
♦Story is NSFW.

Nomination Session 1 starts below!

960783 Are shameless self promotions allowed?

960783 Pattycakes: The Remake by Glitchy Productions. (Slice of Life, Human)
Description: A humanized remake of Pattycakes with humanized ponies. Fluttershy decides she wants a baby and convices Rainbow Dash to be the baby. Before long Scootaloo becomes aware of the playtime and joins in to escape from her abusive foster parents. Fluttershy ultimately decides she wants to adopt Scootaloo and spends really getting to know her new daughter. Contains a healthy dose of Scootalove.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/48735/sororal-instincts
Reptilicus
Good length, well written. Explores cannon themes and past episode portions in a believable way as well as creates fanon that is not a far stretch from what could be true. It involves the entire cast of the mane 6 in a way that accurately depicts fanon relationships. Its allows for a mix adorable slice of life as well as humor.
Major tag: Slice of Life

Freefall
Regidar
Scootaloo's downward spiral in life. Comes off as a bit of a rushjob to some but a very well written story, and more to the point, Regi can fucking write shit good.
[Alternate Universe]

Sisterly Guidance

KrishnaKarnak

Scootaloo pushes the envelope too far this time. When a simple warning isn't enough, what will Rainbow Dash do in order to discipline her newly adopted daughter?

Tag :Slice of Life

arcum42
Group Admin

Looking good, Just as a suggestion, just to get an idea of how popular stories are, why doesn't anyone that thinks a story in this thread should be added to the Best Story list thumb up the post it's in?

I'd personally prefer people nominate other peoples fanfics. I'm not planning on adding Just Winging It to the list, for example. I'd just wait and see if anyone else nominates The Element of Loyalty.

I have read Sororal Instincts twice, as it happens, which for a 71k fanfic is pretty good. I'll second that nomination.

Haven't read it, but I'm not a big fan of the original Pattycakes, or fanfics involving ponies in diapers in general. I'm not rejecting it, necessarily, but I'm not seconding it either...

Haven't read Freefall or Sisterly Guidance, which is surprising, because I've read a lot of Scootaloo fanfics..

I could name a few other fanfics that should be in the Best Story list, but I'll wait and see if other people nominate them..

Edit: Read Freefall and Sisterly Guidance.
First chapter was good on Freefall, second totally lost me.
Sisterly Guidance, well, I'm not a fan of corporal punishment. I think that's why I hadn't read it previously, actually.

961999 I love that you know which story it is :rainbowlaugh:

I'd love to nominate my fic but I don't think enough people have read it

EnderPon
Group Contributor

Yes, but you must tell me that you are shamelessly self-promoting yourself.

Just in case I read your intro post wrong, just replying to your most recent comment for a nomination.

Well, to begin with, I'd nominiate Sisterly Guidance, but 961577 took care of that!

So I'll do a shameless selfie instead! Now, this fic has Scootaloo in the secondary role rather than primary Scoot-fic, but she's as pivotal to the entire story as the main character, so here goes:

What's Really the Most Important

KrishnaKarnak (that's me, I think!)

Rainbow Dash feels like she has the perfect life with a newly adopted little sister/daughter in Scootaloo and a passive crush in her favourite Wonderbolt, Soarin. However, her life is turned upside-down as she is drawn into a new conflict side by side with Soarin himself. Rainbow Dash may find herself falling in love, but there will be lasting implications from the struggle that will affect both relationships, which in and of themselves fight for her attention. Will Dash need to decide what's really the most important to her heart in the end?

FIMFiction tags: Romance, Sad, Slice of Life, [Adventure, can't tag the story this as it clashes with sad!]
Rated Teen for suggestive themes and minor language.

Free shameless promotion? Sure, I'll get in on that. Couldn't hurt to try, right? Though my fanfiction isn't completely Scootaloo centric, as it has three main characters.

Our Time to Fly
by me! Shokinaw. (shameless!)

Set some years down the road, Rainbow Dash begins to train Scootaloo and Spike how to fly for the Fledgling Sports Competition while life continues to throw obstacles in their way as well as in the way of all of their friends that they'll each have to contend with. With everypony struggling to find their dreams, it'll take everything they have and more to overcome their problems in this sports drama where teamwork is magic!

Tags: Romance, Comedy, Slice of Life, Flight
Cast: Rainbow Dash, Scootaloo, Spike, Mane 6, Cutie Mark Crusaders

964374 No fair, you beat me to it! Oh, well, least I can do is second the shameless self promoter.

Right, well, here's an original nomination:

Clastic Glow

By Rocinante

A one-winged Pegasus blacksmith named Swage sets up shop in Ponyville. An old wound has left him grounded, but his heart still belongs to the clouds. When he finds Scootaloo to be a fellow grounded Pegasus, he takes her under his wing and brings her along on his quest to fly again.

Major Tags: Slice of Life, Flight

EnderPon
Group Contributor

Nomination Session 1 has ended. Please wait while the votes are counted and stories updated.

EnderPon
Group Contributor

Voting Session 1 Results — The Votes Are In!

Admin Votes

arcum42 — Yes: Sororal Instincts, Clastic Glow, Our Time to Fly, The Element of Loyalty
No: Pattycakes: The Remake
Pass: Sisterly Guidance
Undecided: Freefall, What's Really the Most Important?

DJ GarV the Expert — Yes: Sororal Instincts, What's Really the Most Important?, Clastic Glow, Our Time to Fly
No: Pattycakes: The Remake, Freefall, Sisterly Guidance

SweetAI Belle — Yes: Sororal Instincts, What's Really The Most Important?, Our Time to Fly, Clastic Glow
No: Sisterly Guidance, Freefall, Pattycakes: The Remake

temerarii pulsat — Yes: Sisterly Guidance, What's Really The Most Important?, Our Time to Fly, Freefall
No: Sororal Instincts, Clastic Glow, Pattycakes: The Remake

TheFineBrony — Yes: Clastic Glow, What's Really The Most Important?, Sisterly Guidance, Sororal Instincts
No: Pattycakes: The Remake, Freefall, Our Time to Fly

Final Standings

So, here's how the voting goes:
• An admin can either vote yes, no, pass, or undecided.
• If there is a majority admin approval, the story will automatically be put in the folder.
• If there is a majority admin disapproval, the story will not automatically be put in the folder.
• 4 upvotes count as one admin vote.
• If the admins cannot decide (as in 2 Yes, 2 No, and 1 Pass), the story is automatically a No.
◘ However, if enough people upvote the story, an extra admin vote will be added, changing that story status to a Yes.
◘ If the admins cannot decide, but instead of the pass there is an undecided, the undecided admin will have to make a decision.

• Note that you can call an objection if a story was not put where you think it should go.
◘ We will not accept the objection if the decision for that story was made by a landslide (5 Yes, 0 No; 4 Yes, 1 No, and vice versa)
◘ An objection to a story can only be made once. After that one time, the decision is final.

Pattycakes: The Remake by Glitchy Productions — 5 No
GROUP DECISION: Rejected

Sororal Instincts by Reptilicus — 4 Yes, 1 No (+2 Votes)
GROUP DECISION: Inducted

Freefall by Redigar — 1 Yes, 3 No, 1 Undecided

Sisterly Guidance by KrishnaKarnak — 2 Yes, 2 No, 1 Pass (+1 Vote)

What's Really the Most Important? by KrishnaKarnak — 4 Yes, 1 Undecided (+2 Votes)

Our Time To Fly by Shokinaw — 4 Yes, 1 No

Clastic Glow by Rocinate — 4 Yes, 1 No (+1 Vote)

That wraps this first session up!
And since What's Really the Most Important? got the best vote result, it will be featured on our front page until the end of Nomination Session 2.

Nomination Session 2 starts below!

Okay, I've got a story.

Sisters: Chasing Happier Times
By: lightfox lowell
A short description... It's a very sweet story of how Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo come together, even through the hard times in their lives. I don't want to spoil the story, but if that is what you need, then tell me.
Tags would include Sad, Adoption, and maybe Tragedy.
The major cast would have to be Scootaloo and Dash.

I really hope that you like this story.

EnderPon
Group Contributor

960816>>960824>>961028>>961216>>961577>>961999>>963206>>964374>>964621>>965017>>973328
Feel free to nominate more stories. Nominations are back open.

Comment posted by Flutterfan12 deleted Jul 12th, 2013
EnderPon
Group Contributor

Read the rules.

EnderPon
Group Contributor

Blame TheFineBrony. He had a lot of things going on in his life. Everyone else had their votes in within a week.

At the very top of your entry, write, "Note: Story is rated Mature for sex." I still need to discuss the issue of nominating mature stories with the other admins.
Also, the notable comments thing is unnecessary, but definitely keep the excerpt.

Oh boy, thanks so much! Getting featured on the group page will be awesome! I'm actually quite happy Sisterly Guidance was rejected, as I actually took that down this morning, pending a major necessary rewrite. I'll nominate a fic I've got in mind tomorrow. Thanks again for voting for What's Really the Most Important :heart:

I would like to shamelessly self nominate 'Our Girl Scootaloo' by Cozy Mark IV and Jan McNevile for session two, mainly in hopes of constructive criticism. Tags are comedy and human, and at this point, Scootaloo is the only show character, all the others being OCs.

The story runs parallel to MLD and tells the story of what happens to Scootaloo after she is caught in the same accident that sent Dashie to another world. She is found by a loving couple and grows up to make friends and change our world. The difference is that OGS asks some hard questions that really deserve answers: What is a pony? How can a 300 lb pegasi fly? What can the world learn from her?

I hope you enjoy it, and please let me know what you think. :twilightsmile:

EnderPon
Group Contributor

Go ahead and nominate them! Just do it in accordance with the structure that's set up.

EnderPon
Group Contributor

Do also note that it is rated Mature for Sex, which is the real issue here, not the fact that it could be technically considered foalcon, depending on who you are.
Don't worry, that's the next part. :pinkiehappy: :facehoof:

EnderPon
Group Contributor

OH! I forgot you rewrote it. My mind still remembers the old version, where that wasn't the case.
Well, that takes care of one problem.

1270434 No, I'm saying it took you nine weeks to respond.

EnderPon
Group Contributor

Actually, if you back at your comment, you will see that there is actually a first comment from me, and it took me only a day to respond to that.
Pay more attention before you make assumptions, silly. :pinkiehappy:

Comment posted by Howlin deleted Feb 13th, 2014
Comment posted by temerarii pulsat deleted Jul 24th, 2013
arcum42
Group Admin

Well, I may as well nominate one, and since Spellbound Fireflies is already nominated:

Tiny Wings by DeadParrot222

Scootaloo has always been a filly with big dreams, but can they all come true?
At the very least, she can always follow in the hoofsteps of her hero, right?

(For an amazing follow-up/side-story, please read Shine by The Descendant.)
( Muffinz has written an awesome instrumental track here: EQBeats Page. Check it out!)
(Another great song here written by Fifths89 over on Youtube: Tiny Wings. Give it a listen!)

Sad, Slice of Life, Grounded, Special Talents
Scootaloo, Rainbow Dash

Birthday Wishes
By: ShootingStar159

Description:
Scootaloo has a pretty decent life. She does fairy well in class and has two very loving parents. But she also has a problem. Alright, maybe she has a few. Between bullies, a somewhat awkward friendship with Sweetie Belle, and flight troubles that may be due to a father she loves dearly, life isn't always easy for a filly approaching her eighth birthday. Maybe if she makes a wish for her birthday, it'll come true?

Excerpt:

"The nurses already told me everything," Scootaloo said, breaking the silence. Cypress’ smile faded, and his eyes grew sad as he looked at her.

"But it's fine, though," she quickly continued, "I mean, it's only a few more years, right? Besides, I don't really mind."

Cypress could tell she was lying. Her eyes were still slightly red, and there were dried tears on the white paper she was lying on. He ignored it though, and reached over to ruffle her mane.

"Of course you're alright," he said as she pushed his hoof away laughing. "You are one tough kid, am I right?"

"You bet I am." Scootaloo smiled at him and Cypress pulled her into another hug. She didn't resist this time, just let him draw her close.

"Don't worry, Scoot," he whispered in her ear. "One day, you'll be flying."

One day...

Tags: Sad, Slice of Life, Grounded, Hurt/Comfort
Cast: Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, Rainbow Dash, Apple Bloom, Cypress (father)

EnderPon
Group Contributor

Actually, if you back at your comment, you will see that there is actually a first comment from me, and it took me only a day to respond to that.
Pay more attention before you make assumptions, silly. :pinkiehappy:

1274175 Why did you say the same thing, again?

EnderPon
Group Contributor

Because I wanted to make sure you actually read and saw the comment this time, so this situation can be avoided.
Is that reasonable?

Comment posted by Darkswirl deleted Jul 13th, 2013
EnderPon
Group Contributor

Would you mind putting a link over the title of the story in your comment? (Note, a link, not a URL)
And please add just a few tags and all the main characters.

Comment posted by powerpony deleted Jul 18th, 2013
EnderPon
Group Contributor

Would you mind embedding that URL into your story so that it becomes a link? Thanks!

Comment posted by powerpony deleted Jul 18th, 2013

Daddy Loves You
Description: Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle start to notice that Scootaloo is a bit upset over a war that is going on. Scootaloo soon admits that her father is one of the guards that is fighting in the war, and she goes on about how much she misses him and wishes that he comes home. One day, her wish comes true.
Tags: Sad. Slice of Life.
Major Cast: Scootaloo. Apple Bloom. Sweetie Belle.
This is my own story.

Comment posted by EnderPon deleted Jul 19th, 2013
Comment posted by EnderPon deleted Jul 20th, 2013
Comment posted by EnderPon deleted Jul 21st, 2013
Comment posted by powerpony deleted Jul 21st, 2013
Comment posted by EnderPon deleted Jul 21st, 2013
Comment posted by temerarii pulsat deleted Aug 9th, 2013
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 80