• Published 15th Apr 2013
  • 2,332 Views, 115 Comments

Ark - Doctah WAAwee



When the earths population is destroyed by an enormous solar flare, so powerful in fact that governments around the world knew of its coming years before, they band together and create...The Ark Project.

  • ...
18
 115
 2,332

Crash

The city of Canterlot was in jubilation. Confetti was raining down, ponies were cheering and screaming.

The new princess was just crowned, everypony was happy...It was a perfect day.

Princess Twilight Sparkle was in front of all of these raving ponies, and so were her five best friends.

Friends that throughout her stay in ponyville, taught her so many things in the magic of friendship.

All their adventures, ups, and downs. They have been though it all, and now they all share the happiness of being with Twilight on her big day.

Her crowning.

A nudge from her mentor snapped Twilight out of her thoughts.

"Say something, Princess." The extremely decked out Alabaster Alicorn said.

"Oh!" Twilight clears her throat. She addressed the crowd.

"A little while ago, my teacher Princess Celestia sent me to live in ponyville to study friendship, which is something I didn't really care for."

She then pointed to her friends and motioned them to come closer.

"But now, on a day like today, I can safely say (rhyme, haha!) I wouldn't be standing here today if it weren't for the friendships that I made with all of you."

Rainbow, Applejack, Pinkie, Rarity, and Fluttershy were all tearing up. The emotion that could be felt during this event was almost palpable.

"Each one of you taught me something about friendship, and for that, I will always be grateful."

She bowed to her friends before returning to address the crowd.

"Today, I consider myself the luckiest pony in equestria, thank you friends...thank you everypony!"

The crowd cheered and wailed at the emotion from their newly crowned princesses powerful speech.

________________________________________________________________________________

Earth...

********************************************************************************

The sun was flailing wildly, Almost everyone on the doomed planet was watching it, all across the earth, a broadcast could be heard...

"My fellow humans...this is it..."

Many people were crying, attending churches for the end. There was no looting or crime happening at all. It was all pointless. This event has been known to all humanity for several years, all the crime that would be committed already was, anyone would wanted to commit suicide already did...

"...Alright, this is it." A boy said.

This boy had mocha brown skin and...he had only one arm. In the center of his chest was a blue circle. He was a tall boy, about 6'3 last time he checked... that might actually be the last time he will ever check.

"The sun will unleash a massive flare...so powerful that not only will it destroy all life on our planet...but I think anyone who takes an interest in the sun could have seen this coming years in advance."

Suddenly the boys eyes opened, pieces of metal started to float and race towards the space that his missing arm would take up. The parts assembled into a metallic blue arm.

The boy looked at it for a couple seconds... his face was like a bad dam, failing on the inside, but solid on the outside. Only showing it's damage to the naked eye when it's too late.

Then he began to walk out of the building he occupied. More pieces of metal started to attach on to him.

Many men in white lab coats were looking at him while he was walking. Their faces solemn, some tears here and there.

A man with a pure white beard that would put santa, and Dr.Light to shame came out of the group of scientists. In his hands was a tray that held a blue syringe.

"...You do know what will happen to you if you do this?" A older gentlemen said as he walked towards the boy.

The boy nodded.

"Once you do this... you can never turn back, are we clear?" The man said. His ripened face starting to show some tears.

"Sir, I wouldn't be here if I didn't know what I was getting into." The boy said. His face also failing to hide some of his emotion.

The syringe was then given to the boy.

"All of humanity rests in you..." The man said.

The boy took the syringe... and injected himself. The armor completed he took one last look at the scientist.

"My son..."

The man went over to the armor clad boy and hugged him, he returned the hug...well much more carefully though.

The boy's face was hidden by the metal mask he wore, his face...

Was ridden with tears.

He blasted into the sky, and he started to hear the broadcast that was played throughout the world.

Almost all human life on earth was listening to this broadcast...families were huddled together, people were just sitting there, silent.

"I do not come to you as an American... but as a fellow human being...even though we had our differences, our wars... I am proud address you...how ironic it is that at the time of our death's...we achieved world peace?"

The sun unleashed its massive energy...the doom of the entire human race...but they were ready. They already got their affairs in order, now they were just waiting for it.

"It will only take seven minutes for the flare to reach Earth...We will send a person out to the cosmos...so we can live on..."

six minutes...

A man shaped object was flying at rapid speeds away from Earth.

"We have been working on dimension travel for over a thousand years now... If anyone can see the thing rocketing up to the sky right now...it is the culmination of all our work progress as a species...The Ark Project"

Inside the object that was flying away from earth... was a man...no, a boy. Seventeen years of age...Inside the suit...

He was crying.


Two minutes...

"That object in the sky is a seventeen year old boy... in the most advanced and amazing armor known to man... his genius and the worlds funding made it possible for only one suit to be able to breach dimensions..."

thirty seconds...

"Active the portal." The boy said. silently crying though the whole thing.

"...as you wish..." A robotic voice said...

A rainbow light in the center of the boys chest started to glow, a beam came out of his chest... and a portal formed...

15...

"Well...this is it my friends..." The broadcaster said.

14...

"It's been a blast..."

13...

The ponies cheer as there newly crowned princess leaves the balcony. This day is perfect, life in equestria is perfect...

12...

"...Godspeed, Ark...live long and prosper."

11...

All the life on earth was looking up at the sky, not only at the sun... but at the boy in the suit. They were all looking at the human that will continue on their race. They could only feel one emotion...

10...

"Twilight! I'm so proud of you!" Said a crying Shining Armor.

9...

The boy was almost at the portal... almost.

"I will be the only one..." The boys tears started to pick up in volume.

8...

"Are you crying?" asked a amused Twilight.

7...

"I'm not crying...its liquid pride...completely different" Said Shining

6...

All of Twilight's friends congratulated her on her achievement, they all came together in a group hug...

5...

"Life in equestria shimmers!" Trumpets sound as the princess exclaims her joy.

4...

"Life in equestria shines!"

3...

"And I know for absolute certain!"

2...

"That everything!"

1...

"Yes everything!"

0...

"Yes everything is certainly fine!, Is fine!"

________________________________________________________________________________

Equestria

********************************************************************************

"Yes! Everything in equestria is just fi-" Twilight starts as she soars in the air...

She is stopped by the sound of the earth shaking...

Sounds of electricity start to pierce everyponies eardrums...

A orange portal starts to open in the sky...

BOOOOOOOOOOOM!

"W-w-what!?" Twilight screams. (You just had to jinx it, didn't you Twilight?)

An orange flaming ball comes out of the portal, it is heading straight towards the castle, it is so fast that it breaks the sound barrier, causing an enormous sonic rainboom...it looks so beautiful...

Celestia feels a great sadness in her heart all of a sudden... she doesn't know why.

It crashes just before it hits the castle...

It starts skipping on the ground like a flat stone a lake, towards the castle.

Ponies are panicking, running out of the trajectory of the...thing...

It finally starts to slow down, creating a large trail of dirt while it does so...

It lands in the center of the road that Twilight's chariot was just carrying her though...

Silence...

The dust settles and some...thing starts to stand up in the center of the crater...

Some ponies look away from the monstrosity...

One of its forelegs starts to fall apart piece by piece. The blue pieces collecting on the floor.

The weird blue shiny skin it has is peeled off in some places revealing another layer of bloody brown skin.

Its body is convulsing

It looks like it's crying...but... somethings wrong...

It's crying...the colors of the rainbow.

"What... is that?..." Goes though the mind of everypony there in the castle yard.

The things looks around again.

It struggles to stand. Then it falls to one knee

The pieces of the foreleg that fell apart start floating... and they shakily try to reassemble on his body. It trys to stand up one more time, it does so.

Suddenly fire comes out of his hindlegs at it is propelled upwards, but the fire sputters, and it loses balance.

It crashes to the floor again, but this time, it vomits a mixture of blood and... other colors. Rainbow Dash started to pale when she saw its eyes...the blue shiny skin was peeled off its face...

Its eyes were constantly changing color, rainbow colored blood seeped from its eyes. There was a tiny black dot in the center of each eye, they were shaking violently.

The thing tries to open it's mouth, but when it does, an enormous amount of rainbow colored goop came out.

It made a horrible sounded retching noise, this caused most of the mares, and even some stallions that let curiosity get the better of them and saw the event faint, puke in their mouths, or cry.

Twilight has never seen this kind of creature before...but she has read of what is happening to it.

The being goes down on the floor and stops moving, Twilight swoops down and carefully helps the (VERY HEAVY) creature to her back.

"Medics!" She screams. The doctors that were in the crowd started to run towards the practically doomed being. Also some civilians were coming in just as muscle. Mostly pegasi...for a very good reason, even Rainbow (got there first of course) helped.

Even though this creature is foreign, its body unknown to any of the ponies there...no being deserves to endure what it is enduring... something that is very deadly to pegasi due to their work... and ponies in general...

Spectra poisoning.

Author's Note:

I Had the idea for a while, don't know where it's going. But I hope I get inspiration.