• Published 5th May 2013
  • 647 Views, 29 Comments

A College Life- Trivium's Story Part II - Trivium



SEQUEL TO THE STORY "A new Life"! Part one here!- http://www.fimfiction.net/story/85892/a-new-life

  • ...
2
 29
 647

Chapter 4: Bitter-Sweet Rainbow Dash

Chapter 4: Bitter-Sweet Rainbow Dash

That day, I tried to live normal life, and clear my mind, but I couldn't stop thinking about how Rainbow Dash would react to finding out that I'd cheated on her, and.... And how right it felt... Even if I knew it was the polar opposite... Kissing Serenity... I wanted to do it again.

I sat infront of Vadorous' dorm door, waiting for him to answer it. I heard some yelling, and a really loud "GET. THE. DOOR."

"Hey, Triv! What's goin' on?" Vadorous sounded cheerful as usual.

"Nothing to do," I said, entering as Vadorous beckoned me in.

"What about your girlfriend?" He asked, catching me off guard.

"My... What? Wait... My... Girlfriend?" I stuttered uselessly for a few long seconds.

"Rainbow Dash," Vinyl called from somewhere, laughing. "How's she been?"

"Oh... Right..." I sighed. "We haven't really talked mu- wait, how did you know I was dating Rainbow Dash?"

Vinyl Scratch poked her head from around a corner. "Dude." She said. "You serious?"

"Yeah..." I could almost feel her eyes rolling behind her glasses.

"We were best buds back in the day!" She said. "She used to be one hell of a party-goer, probably could get you into any club you want right now."

I was surprisingly cool for talking to somepony as famous as Vinyl. "That I can believe..."

"Tell her I said 'sup next time you can, kay?"

"'Sup." I repeated. "Got it."

"Think fast!" Vadorous called, launching himself at me out of no-where, causing me to jump in surprise and stagger backwards before getting tackled to the ground. "You suck at thinking fast."

I shoved Vadorous off, getting up. "Such is life."

"You're acting..." Vadorous leaned in close, tilting his eyes towards me, as if inspecting my face. "Strange."

"And... You're not?" I shoved Vadorous back again.

"I'm strange normally... Which means... Wait, dude, what?" He looked around the room, as if his memory had just vanished.

"It means..." I took a step back. "Think fast!" I lowered by head, charging, easily knocking him onto his back.

***

A few days passed, the surprise Rainbow Dash had in stock planned to come any day now, and it was driving me crazy.

I heard a knock on the door. I went and opened it, to see Serenity standing there, a worried expression on her face. I stepped aside, letting her in.

"Triv..." She said after sitting down on the bed as normal. "You okay?"

"You always ask me that, ya know." I said, sitting down next to her.

"You cried yourself to sleep in my arms the last time I saw you. I have a good reason to be concerned."

I felt my face growing hot. "It's just... I... I'm going crazy... The guilt is eating me alive..."

"I've said this before... You can't control who you love." She put her hoof on my shoulder. "You're not in control of your bodies chemistry."

"I know.... It's just..." My voice trailed off. "I just.... She did so much for me... And I just.... Betray her like that..." I practically fell onto hugging her, holding onto her like she was keeping me from drowning. Serenity wrapped an arm around me, gently rubbing my arm. I could feel tears welling up in my eyes already. Whenever I was around Serenity I became a fountain of tears or something.

"I know, it's confusing sometimes..." She spoke softly.

I moved one of my arms from around her, so I was just leaning on her, not clinging onto her. We sat in silence for a long time, which was comforting.

"Serenity...?" I spoke, lifting my head. She looked at me, making eye-contact. "I... When we kissed...."

Our lips met again. I wrapped my arms around her as we both fell onto the bed on our sides. I hugged her tightly, as she did me. I felt her hoof moving slowly towards my flank, and held her even tighter for a second. I let out a soft moan, massaging the base of Serenity's wings. I opened my eyes, making eye-contact with Serenity.

"N....No...." I let go of Serenity, pulling myself away. "N... Not... Again..." I sat with my back against the wall, my face in my hooves. "I'm... Sorry..." I choked out, tears building up in my eyes. I felt Serenity's hoof on my shoulder. I fell into her arms, breaking down again.


***

I woke in the morning, Serenity stroking my mane silently.

"Morning, Triv..." She said softly. "You.... Feeling alright?"

"No...." I croaked. "I'm... Horrible..." I stayed in Serenity's arms, where I felt safe.

***

After Serenity left, I felt empty. I lay in a ball on my bed, crying, for a long time.

***

After about a week, I was almost feeling good. A long day of classes had passed, and I was now "home". I collapsed onto the bed, staring at the wall. I felt extremely depressed a lot of the time. After an un-tracked amount of time, I heard an un-familiar knock on the door. I sighed, pulling myself up, trudging to the door. I opened it, and fell forwards in shock.

...

I slowly opened my eyes. I was on my bed. I heard the door slam shut.

"Morning, Triv!" Rainbow Dash said loudly, trotting up to me with a huge grin.

"Rainbow... Dash?!" I jumped to my hooves, hugging her tightly. "What are you doing here?!"

"I told you I had a surprise!" She said, her voice sounding energetic and happy.

"I missed you so much..." I said, pulling my head back, meeting Rainbow Dash in a kiss. This kiss quickly became a make-out. We stood on our hind hooves. I wrapped my arms around the back of her neck, hugging her tightly. Rainbow Dash slowly moved towards the bed, where we fell on our sides, hugging tighter. After a little while, we separated our lips. Rainbow Dash scooted to the wall, leaning her back against it. I snuggled up against her, resting my head on her shoulder as we sat. She wrapped an arm around me, massaging my arm. She began to tell me about life back home, and things that had happened while I was gone. I closed my eyes, slowly drifting into sleep.

I slowly opened my eyes, hearing Rainbow Dash snoring softly. A blanket had been draped over her and I, (I assume Rainbow Dash did it because the door was locked), and the moon was shining brightly through the window. Rainbow Dash was resting her head on mine, her arm now lazily draped over my shoulders. I snuggled up to her tighter, feeling safe at last.

Author's Note:

SCHOOLS OUT! I'll be able to release chapters more frequently now!

Leave a rating, comment, or a load of emotocons if you want! Feedback welcome!