• Published 5th May 2013
  • 647 Views, 29 Comments

A College Life- Trivium's Story Part II - Trivium



SEQUEL TO THE STORY "A new Life"! Part one here!- http://www.fimfiction.net/story/85892/a-new-life

  • ...
2
 29
 647

Chapter 1: Beginning?

Chapter 1: Beginning?

The flight was long, cold, sad, and lonely, but hey, at least I made it alive.

I stood infront of a large building- the main building of the CIT, where I had to fill out a bunch of paperwork, get my dorm room, and everything along with that. The place was truely stunning- the amazing structural art in everything, the attention to detail, and the massive amount of fellow computer nerds around me. I had been awake with little food or water for around 3 days by the time I reached the college, but some ponies were nice enough to give me some food and water, and then direct me to the main building. I trudged into the place, finding an array of stairs, doors, and elevators all around. I searched for a few minutes before finding the stairs I was to take.

I sat in a chair in a generally small room, where there were many other ponies had paperwork to fill out. I flopped onto a chair to wait, and rested my eyes...

"Excuse me, sir."

I slowly opened my eyes. An office worker was shaking me. "Long flight?" She asked.

"Far too long." I groaned, standing up. I walked over to the desk the office worker sat down at.

"So here's your paperwork," She said, putting forward a folder with stacks of paper- and a pen.

***

I slammed the door of my dorm lazilly. I dropped my items onto the floor and fell face-down onto the bed. The paperwork had taken too long to finish, but now I could just sleep. And that I did.

After an undefined (but much resting) period of time, I woke. I lay there staring at the ceiling for a while before I realized that I'd have to get up and un-pack. The first thing I did was set up my computer, and email Rainbow Dash.

"Hey, Dash. Just sending an email, I've just got to my dorm and started un-packing, took this time to send you an email. I miss you, and love you. I hope you're having a good time down there!

-Trivium"

Email sent.

After sending that email my eyes seemed to like... Open? I don't know. I just suddenly noticed details of my dorm. The end-table and lamp next to the bed, the large window (which was exclusive, because I was a pegasus I got an extra-high dorm) which could see almost the entire university, the dresser with nothing in it, and a few other things. What I really liked was that the dorm was big enough to give me some room. After a few hours of un-packing, I'd set up my alarm clock, or torture device, I should say. I sat down at my computer, to check my email.

"Hey, good to see you made it! I'm glad you're still okay, how was the flight? I want pictures, and things, okay? I've gotta go for now, love you!

-Rainbow Dash."

There was a picture file attached of the two of us. I instantly made that picture my desktop wallpaper, then layed down on the bed. I suddenly felt a surge of sadness and broke down. I lay facedown crying, un-able to stop. I realized right then, that I might not get to see her again. I would be going years with only seeing her text, and occasionally seeing her pixalated face through computer-calls.

***

I slowly woke to hear knocking on my dorm. Sunlight leaked through the blinds and into my room. Frost formed on the window-sill. I groaned, my body feeling sore as I stood. I trudged over to the door and opened it.

"Hi.... I heard somepony crying last night and... I just wanted to check and see if... Everything was alright?". A Female pegasus stood at the door, tilting her head at me. She had a mint-green coat with a brown mane and wings.

"Yeah..." I said.

"You seem troubled... Need to talk?"

"Yes..." I admited, hanging my head as I let her in.

She sat herself down on the bed, patting next to her. I slowly sat.

"Okay, what's the matter?"

"It's just that..." I started. "I've lived with my girlfriend for a while and.... It's hard to get along without her around... She's the only reason I'm still alive, and... It's just....." I sniffed, a tear running down my cheek. "I really miss her..."

The pegasus wiped the tear, then hugged me. "Hey...." She kept her hooves on my shoulders. "If you ever need to talk, I'm right to the right of your dorm, exact neighbor."

"Thanks..." I said, pausing once I realized I didn't have her name.

"Serenity..." She said, smiling. "You're Trivium, right?"

"What? Yeah, how'd you know?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"You're dating Rainbow Dash, and she's REALLY famous among pegasi." She said, smiling.

***

After talking to Serenity, I felt a little better. I sat in my bed for a while, just thinking of Rainbow Dash. After a long time, I got up, and left simply left, to explore the University's grounds. To get my mind off things, and stuff.

Author's Note:

CHAPTER ONE IS FINALLY FINISHED! PLEASE EXCUSE THE LONG, LONG, LONG WAIT FOR IT, I'VE BEEN BUSY.