• Published 12th Apr 2013
  • 1,080 Views, 16 Comments

My Little Pony The Musical: The Royal Siblings - Dragonfire2lm



the rise of nightmare moon with music.

  • ...
3
 16
 1,080

Act IV (edited)

With her hooves pounding against the stone floor, Celestia raced through the castle. Her magic kept the elements firmly in place upon her form in her desperate race against time to stop Nightmare moon. Her heart hammered in her chest as she approached the throne room where she could hear the beast that had consumed her sister gloating about her victory.

----Act IV: Lullaby for a Princess----

Celestia stood outside the large double doors that led to throne room, behind them she could her Nightmare proclaim her victory to the heavens above.

"The ponies of Equestria will never see their favourite Princess or their beloved sun ever again! My night and my night alone shall rule the skies for centuries! Celestia is no match for me! As soon as that pathetic princess makes an appearance I shall be rid of her for good! Ahahahahaha!"

Celestia gulped and steadied the crown upon her head, which in her mad dash to the throne room had become lopsided. She took a deep breath to calm her nerves and with her horn glowing, she opened the doors and strode into the throne room.

She saw Nightmare lounging on her throne and looked surprised to see the bringer of sun wielding the elements.

"Oh now this is just adorable" Nightmare sneered. "You think you can defeat me with harmony big sister?"

In flash the ebony mare's face contorted into a look of rage as she rose off the throne and stood before the other alicorn in all her terrifying might.

"Do you really think you can harness MY elements?" she thundered. "Do you believe Loyalty, Honesty and Magic shall heed your call?".

"I can try" Celestia responded.

With her eyes colsed tight and her stance firm, Princess Celestia poured her very heart into the Elements Of Harmony. Kindess, Generosity and Laughter responded without question as memories of her youth played through her mind. Loyalty wavered and flickered as it mirrored Celestia's own conflicting sense of loyalty between her sister and her kingdom. Honesty glowed dimly due to its wearers own insercurities.

Magic roared against Celestia, the key to harmony fought tooth and nail against the pony trying to control it.

"You foolish pony! Magic will not respect you, it will only obey me!" Nightmare bellowed and using her magic, ripped the element of magic from Celestia and placed it onto her own head. Immediately there was a crack of magic as the tiara flew off of Nightmare's head and landed at Celestia's hooves.

"What? No!" the darker alicorn roared.

With the all the grace of a princess, Celestia picked up the tiara that lay at her hooves and gently placed it back on her head.

"Luna, my dearest Sister, my friend I am sorry..." Celestia began as her horn glowed in tune with the elements.

"For the safety of Equestria and all who reside within its borders, I must defeat you! Forgive me!"

"No, No You can't!" Nightmare yelled as the light around her foe grew brighter.

"I'm sorry..." Celestia whispered as tears streamed down her cheeks.

Nightmare Moon's howl of rage echoed throughout the castle as the throne room was filled with a bright white light. When Celestia opened her eyes, neither Nightmare, nor Luna were anywhere to be found and the alabaster mare looked out the window to see a ball of light rising into the sky.

One by one the six elements clattered to the ground as she removed them and stared transfixed at the orb of light that ascended into the sky and somehow Celestia knew that was her beloved sister...And that they wouldn't see each other for a very long time.

There was a flash of light as the ball of light made contact with the moon and a shape took form upon the white orb's surface. The head of a unicorn. Celestia stifled a sob as she saw her sister's fate and walked out of the throne room and onto a balcony in an adjacent room.

In silence she activated her magic and for the first time, Princess Celestia started the new day alone.

-----The next night----

The planning and celebrating the end of Eternal Night lasted the entire day and While Celestia kept a smile and cheerful look on her face for the sake of her little ponies it was here on the balcony were she let her true emotions show.

She looked into the night sky and saw the moon and the pony trapped within it. With grief in her heart she began to sing.

"Fate has been cruel and order unkind. How can I have sent you away? The blame was my own, the punishment yours. The harmony's silent today...But into the stillness I'll bring you a song, and I will your company keep. 'Till your tired eyes, and my lullabies, have carried you softly to sleeep..."

"Lullay moon princess, good night sister mine. Rest now in moonlight's embrace. Bear up my lullaby winds of the earth, through cloud and through sky and through space! Carry the peace and coolnes of night, and carry my sorrow in kiiind, Luna you're loved so much more than you, may troubles be far from your mind..."

"And forgive me for being so blind" Celestia sang softly.

Celestia sighed and slumped her front half against the railing as she stared up into the sky, her fore-hooves dangling over the edge.

"The yeeaars now before us, fearful and unknown! I neeever imagined I'd face them on my own! May these thousand winters, swiftly pass I pray..."

Her ears drooped as she lifted a hoof up to stars, as if trying to reach out to her younger sister.

"I love you..I miss you, all these miles away..."

Celestia pulled herself to her hooves and began the process of lowering the moon and starting a new day.

"May all your dreams be sweet, tonight. Safe on your bed of mooooo-oonlight, and know not of sadness, pain or care! And when i dream I'll fly away and meet you there..."

"Sleeeeeeeep, sleeeeeeeeep, sleeeee-eeeep"

As the first rays of dawn touched the horizon Princess Celestia walked back into the castle with head bowed.

Author's Note:

Yes i drew that picture, I screwed it up but hey I tried.

enjoy,

Special thanks to TimeLord_Whooves for helping my fix up my mistakes in this chapter as well the previous ones.