• Published 12th Apr 2013
  • 1,080 Views, 16 Comments

My Little Pony The Musical: The Royal Siblings - Dragonfire2lm



the rise of nightmare moon with music.

  • ...
3
 16
 1,080

Act III (edited)

Celestia could only stare in horror at the monster her sister had become. Even as ponies began to congregate around the castle she tried to reason with her, but to no avail,

---Act III: The Nightmare---

"Luna please stop this!" the princess of the sun begged. "it isn't right!"

"I am no longer Luna dearest sister" the beast hissed.

"I am Nightmare Moon!"

Nightmare ignored the other alicorn and walked out onto the balcony to address her subjects.

"Our Loyal subjects! For too long thou hath ignored mine night! Thou hath shunned us, ignored us and instead thou pray to mine sister!" Nightmare bellowed.

"Now all of Equestria shall bow to our night and our majesty! No longer shall the sun shine! All will be encompassed within our glorious night sky. Thou who have foolishly incurred our wrath, the night will be all thou knowest!"

Down below ponies began to whisper and converse in uncertainty and fear.

"The night shall be eternal! If thou dost not like it, then thou will learn!" Nightmare declared, her mane reaching up to sky in a display of intimidation.

"If thou will not love thy Princess, then thou shalt fear her! Hahahahahaha!".

Thunder streaked across the sky as Nightmare Moon cackled at the fleeing masses.

"What have I done..." Celestia whispered.

"Why I should be thanking you sister" Nightmare sneered as she walked towards the white alicorn. "If it weren't for you and your beloved day I would have never discovered this new profound power!'

"Is that what you think this is sister?" Celestia asked.

"Ha! But of course Celestia I am stronger than I have ever been! The ponies of equestria will have no choice but to bow down to me! They will love me and my night even if it kills them!" Nightmare replied.

"You are not my sister!" Celestia growled and lit up her horn with pure arcane energy. Before she could fire the sun princess found herself wrapped in Nightmare's mane.

The Princess of the night brought her sibling up to her face.

"You are a foal if you think you can defeat me Celestia, the night is my domain!" Nightmare hissed and hurled Celestia across the room.

Celestia hastily scrambled back and pressed herself against the wall as Nightmare walked towards her. With fear flashing in her eyes Celestia lit up her horn and in a flash of sunlight, teleported out of the room.

--------------

In the centre of the castle a statue resided. it was a peculiar mess of a creature with the head vaguely pony-shpaed, a snaggle tooth, goatee and two mismatched horns upon its head. The rest of its body was a patch work of creatures, from lion to eagle and even dragon this strange beast stood stock still upon its pedastal in a pose of song.

If one were to listen closely one could almost hear it speak.

Almost.

Surrounding the statue were six elegant pieces of jewellery on their own pedastals, five necklaces and one beautiful tiara. On each of the necklaces was a symbol. One was a red lightning bolt, another a light blue balloon, a third had a pink butterfly while the fourth had a red apple, the fifth had a purple diamond upon it, while the centerpiece of the tiara was a magenta six pointed starburst.

In a flash of yellow light the frightened and nervous alicorn Princess Celestia materialised into the room. she hesitantly walked toward the jewellery known as the Elements Of Harmony, uncertainty etched upon her face.

"Luna, Sister forgive me.." she murmured and picked them up in her golden magic. Kindness was slipped around her neck while loyalty, honesty, generosity and laughter were worn on her ankles. The element of magic hovered above her for a moment as the older princess was filled with doubt.

She stole a glance at the petrified form of the last creature to face the power of the elements and shuddered. Above her she could hear the mad laughter of Nightmare Moon as the creature easily disrupted any attempts from the inhabitants of equestria to end her everlasting night. Celestia could hear the screams of her little ponies throughout the castle and felt their terror deep within her.

She placed the element of magic on her head and turned towards the frozen spirit of chaos.

"You must like this don't you? The anarchy, the fear...." she said to him.

The statue gave no response.

"I just hope she doesn't end up like you..." Celestia said sadly and walked out of the room and started down the path of no return.

Within the room where the elements once lay, within the room that held a creature of disorder if one listened closely one could almost hear the staue speak.

'Silly Celestia...I spread chaos across the world, Unlike little woona I didn't try to destroy the planet...Well most of the time anyway'

Author's Note:

I think I butchered the 'royal we' in this....

And i had a better veriosn of Nightmare's speech in mind..if i remeber it I'll change it.

I was going to do the actual banishment this chapter but I felt that the way I ended it there was just too perfect to add another scene.

the alternate version of this was celestia fighting to gain control over the elements, perhaps you'll see that next chjapter.