• Published 6th Apr 2013
  • 591 Views, 7 Comments

Revertere - Mr Septonic



Three millennia. That is a long time to be stuck in the ground. But he would not know, seeing how being in a coma-like state makes time fly. But now he is awake, and unprepared for the new world.

  • ...
2
 7
 591

Progress

~~Revertere~~
Mr Septonic
Chapter 5

Progress

As Celestia walked through the halls of the palace, a nagging feeling tempted her to question Luna if she had experienced anything odd of late. She shook it off and continued on. "If she wanted to tell me something, she would." When she reached her room, she instantly stared at her bookcase in surprise. There was a faint light emitting from the section covering the hidden passage leading to... "NO!" Rushing over, she yanked the book out of its place, raced down the stairs, and was soon greeted by a slightly pulsing light. "This can't be happening. I have to warn Luna and the girls." She hastily put a quick barrier around the container then rushed out to find Luna.


"Why do we keep losing then finding this stupid thing." Scootaloo was keenly looking at a large amber that she put in the Cutie Mark Crusaders clubhouse. "It's like its playing a game with us."

"A gem can't play a game Scoot." Sweetie Belle was confused over the situation as well but refused to think the gem could act on its own. "Besides shouldn't we bring it back to Rarity now? We found it so..."

"NOOOO!" O was not happy with that. He knew that if a unicorn was near him for too long they would start to sense him. Which was the last thing he wanted right now. Thankfully this small filly was the exception; she was far to young. "I need to find a way out of this, let's see here..."

"Um Sweetie Belle? You feeling what I'm feeling?"

"I don't know! Wait what?" Both Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo were both suddenly in contact with the strange amber. Neither of them could explain it, but it happened.

"Please go away?" At the sound of a voice in both of their heads they hesitated. Then ran out of the clubhouse as fast as possible.

"Could have gone better, but at least I can leave now." O teleported himself outside to explore the farm a bit more, but then decided against it. Instead he went to go find Applejack, there was something he needed answered.


Twilight's Library

"Uh Twi?" Spike was hesitant as Twilight told him very clearly that she was busy and not to be disturbed. But this was urgent so he decided why not.

"Spike I told you that I am busy! What could be so important you just had to interrupt me?"

"Well, there is the letter I got from the princess."

"WHAT?! Why didn't you say so?" Rushing over to him, Twilight grabbed the scroll from Spike's hand with her magic and begun to read.

"I think I just did..." Spike started to leave the room knowing it was best to let her read in silence. But before he reached the door, Twilight stopped him.

"Spike I need you to go get Rarity and Fluttershy. I'll go get Rainbow Dash and Applejack."

"Uh why?"

"It's a direct order from the princess, please just go do this. It's very urgent, and tell them to meet me at the train station."

"Alright alright." Twilight rushed out to go find her two friends while Spike walked over to Rarity's. He couldn't help but wonder what Celestia could have told her that made her so frantic. Surely nothing bad was happening, Discord had reformed and the changelings had been dealt with. Maybe it was nothing, hopefully.


Sweet Apple Acres

O was still searching for Applejack while Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo bumped into Applebloom. "Watch where your going! Sweetie Belle? Scootaloo? What are you two doing running around all crazy."

"Applebloom! We found that gem thing in the clubhouse then we felt all strange and stuff then we were somehow touching it for some reason THEN it started to talk to us in our heads so we ran out of there as fast as we could to find somepony to tell and we bumped into you so we told you!" All through Scootaloo's rant Sweetie Belle was acting it out just next to her.

"Sorry, didn't catch any of that. Ya'll mind repeating?"

"Ugh, ok so we find that gem in the clubhouse..."

Across the farm in the house, Applejack was sitting in her room trying to contemplate what she read this morning at Twilight's. If O was telling her the truth and the book was accurate, then either O was Ordinis or something from that era of time. "Oh, how am I suppose to deal with this?!" Applejack plopped her head into her hooves in despair from the current situation. POP. "So, about that favor I asked of you before."

"Don't sneak up on me like that! Give me a warning first at least."

"Well I'm sorry if I...wait how would I warn you first? It's teleporting! Besides I need you to get me to Canterlot."

"Canterlot?" Now Applejack was really concerned. What if he really was Ordinis? What if he still wanted revenge? If he came face to face with Celestia how would that play out? "Why would you want to go there?"

"There is someone I must contact there. If she exists that is. Can you do this for me?"

"Well..." There was a short pause in her voice. What should she do? There was no way she would forgive herself if she was responsible for a massacre that could occur. But on the other hoof, what would he do if she refused? "Ah can let you know if it's possible, but ah don't see myself going anytime soon. So you'll have to be patient."

"Fair enough. If the opportunity arises, simply tap your window frame three times in slow succession. I'll know." And with that O vanished from the room, leaving Applejack alone with her thoughts once more.

'Knock-Knock' Applejack paused from eating to stare at the door in amusement. She had just come down to have a snack only to be interrupted. Slowly she got up and trotted over to the door, and pulled it open right quick. "WHAT?! Twi, Rainbow?" Twilight was looking very serious while Rainbow Dash was half confused half excited.

"Applejack I need you to come with us right now. The Princess has ordered us to report to her immediately."

"The princess? Why?" At hearing this Applejack freaked. Did Twilight or Celestia know that she was talking to O? If so how? "What about Fluttershy and Rarity?"

"I sent Spike to get them both, they will meet us at the train station. Now come on, I do not want to keep the princess waiting on us." Just as Twilight finished Applejack freaked out some more. Should I go get O? I did tell him I'd let him know. Oh how did I get myself involved in such a crazy mess?

"Can you just let me do something real quick? I'll be right back!" Applejack ran up the stairs to her room before Twilight could respond. There, she came up to the window and tapped the frame three times. Slowly. Sure enough there was a pop and O was there on the sill.

"You called?"

"If you want to go I'm leaving now"

"Now? As in NOW now?"

"Yes! Do you want to come or not?"

"Of course! I cannot thank you enough for this. But where will I, well, be?"

Applejack quickly ran over to the other side of the room to grab her saddle bags, and slung them on. "Get in one of the pouches." She could almost hear the sigh coming from him. After he was secured in her bag, she rushed back downstairs, also getting her snack, and trotted past Twilight. "Ready! Let's go." There was a quick look of annoyance from Twilight but it quickly subsided. In around seven minutes, all six of them were ready at the train.

"Thank you Spike, I'll be back soon." Twilight hugged her assistant, then boarded with her friends. As the train started to depart, Spike waved a farewell at them before heading back home. On the train, Twilight's friends were very anxious to find out why she had called them all together. Everypony wanted to know why Celestia had called them on such short notice. "Well girls Celestia did not really put an explanation into her letter. All she said was that we must come to the castle to discuss a matter of great importance with her." It was obvious that this did not help settle their moods, so Twilight sighed and decided to try and piece together what could possibly be wrong in her mind. Meanwhile off in another booth, Applejack was sitting alone trying to figure out if bringing O was the best idea, or the worst. Well it was too late for regrets, and they were on their way.


Some couple hours later


As the six mares walked up to the throne, they all noticed that Celestia was both angry and worried. Twilight was the first to speak (which was odd). "Princess. May I ask why you have called us here?"

"My dear Twilight, I have some very important news for all of you but for right now I just need you all to go find your rooms and rest. I will reveal all in the morning." Once Celestia finished, she nodded towards a guard who then went over to the Elements to lead them to their rooms. All of the girls were instantly confused by Celestia's remark, but made no attempt to argue. Once everypony was settled in, Celestia went to Luna's room to tell her it was her shift now, then went to her own room for some rest.

After some time had passed, Applejack was sound asleep. But O was far from tired. He was so excited that his magic was close to bursting randomly. Very calmly, he sent a tiny beacon off to the far end of the castle, then started making his way very discretely over to Celestia's room.

When he got there he found it empty, just as planned. He quickly searched it using very discrete magic and soon was facing the bookshelf at the far end of the room. O could sense what he was after was past it. Teleporting onto the other side, he made his way down the staircase that was beyond. When he reached the bottom, he was staring straight at a glass container, with a body of light in the center. Mentally grinning, he used what power he had left encased in his gem prison to pierce the glass walls. The moment his magic made a hole the body of light burst through, slamming into him. As it pulsed it morphed turning into an actual body, disintegrating the amber in the process. His old power swelling up inside him, O rose in his new (or old) form, to his feet. He resembled a bi-pod with black eyes and mouth. He was completely white with an aura of blue electricity occasionally arcing around his body. As O opened his eyes and took a deep breath, he smiled for the first time in three millennia.

The Event had begun.