• Published 2nd Apr 2013
  • 2,029 Views, 50 Comments

Fractured Soul - JollyRogue



A mysterious pony wakes up to find himself with no memory. The only things he has is a scarf and... A metal leg.

  • ...
2
 50
 2,029

Ch 4

There was something different about this void. Well... Other than the fact it was white. Everything seemed... Cheerier. Like everything that was wrong with the dark void was reversed here... Instead of being scared I was... Happy. Wait there was something here, something was actually here.

Floating in front of me was a gray silhouette. I try to make it out, but it moved. It continually moved, it changed its form with the slightest movements. What the crap was it?

"Now we must act quickly... For our time is short..." Said the continually shifting form.

Wait, that voice. It was that voice! The one that spouted that remember crap. Wait... He's the reason I'm here.

"Who are you? Where am I? What did you mean I will meet my end?"

"All these questions shall be answered in time, but not all right now... For where you are... This is a dimension that acts as a gateway, so we may communicate with each other... Please I must teach you what you will need to defend yourself..."

"Why do I have to defend myself?"

"It is because the man who caused your amnesia, is coming after you while you are still in your weakened condition... Now listen to me you foolish child..." The voice said, an angry emphasis on the last words.

What should I do? Should I listen to him? Well, he seemed to be the only other one that knew about me, other than the presence I felt in dark void. Was the presence the same as what he was talking about? Well the presence did threaten me, so they could be the same. Which means it was possible that this, Blob? Meant me no harm. Well I guess I know who I should listen to.

"Okay fine. What do I have to do?"

"All that you need to do is, remember... For what I am about to tell you are spells you have already learned, but have forgotten..."

"Wait spells! Like magic spells?"

"Yes... As I understand the universe you're in is magic based. This is good... For your powers will be easier for you to control. Now for the first spell... This spell will allow you to summon fire, but be warned as fire is ever changing, making it very hard to keep within your control... Because of this, fire is probably one of the most dangerous spells to cast... Now listen and repeat after me... Cenma..."

"Cenma?"

"No, in order to make the magic work you must say the words with feeling..."

"Cenma!"

As the last letter rolled off of my tongue, I felt power. The power formed, it shifted into a shape in front of me. The shape formed into a small little letter, no not a letter, a drawing... It looked like... A fireball.

"Now this is called a Rune... They are the physical manifestation of the Words of Origination... The Words of Origination are the original names of elements and action... Cenma is one of these words... As your memory starts to restore itself you will remember more of these words... As well as alternate forms of magic that you have already learned... For now the words I am about to teach you, will be sufficient enough..."

"Uhh... So if this ... Rune, Is the physical manifestation of the word fire, why isn't it, you know, hot?"

"Yes, that is the next part of this lesson... Runes need an action in order to activate... Either a physical one or a mental one..."

"So you mean if I thought..."

I didn't get a chance to finish my sentence. The rune exploded into a flash of orange light. Ah, crap. Wait this wasn't hot. I know I have amnesia but I am pretty sure, fire was supposed to be hot!

"Yes just like that... Although maybe you should practice a little more.... Think less of it exploding and more of it in a stable form... But that leads me onto the next lesson... Runes that you cast... Will not hurt you..."

"You could have mentioned that before!"

"Yes, yes... Now stop dillydallying... Our connection is wavering so I fear there is not much time left... Now listen, for now I will teach you the two more spells. They are pronounced Volle Vantes and Contum."

***

Uhh... It felt like hours had passed by. I wonder how long it had been since I passed out. Please don't tell me I was back in that bed. I didn't want to go back down those stairs. Good news, it seemed I had regained my senses. Wait, why did my back hurt? Was I still downstairs? They just left me on the floor. Wait what was that smell? It smelt ... Amazing! My stomach let loose an onslaught of gut wrenching gurgles. When was the last time I ate? Please don't let anyone notice.

"Well it looks like somepony is finally waking up!" Pinkie shouted somewhere above me. "I told you Twilight, that fixing something to eat would wake him right up."

Crap. They did notice.

"Well I guess you were right Pinkie. Fluttershy can you make sure he gets up without falling or something. Don't want him to faint again. It can't be good for his health." Twilight exclaimed.

It looked like Twilight shared the same concern as me.

"yeah sure..."

I heard something move over to me.

"now come on sleepy head it's time to wake up." Fluttershy said. She nudged my shoulder.

"I'm only getting up if I get some of that amazing smelling food."

This caused Fluttershy to back off quickly, surprised at my sudden ability to talk.

"Only if you tell us what you were yelling about before you fainted." Twilight said.

I jumped up into a standing position. I had nearly given Fluttershy a heart attack.

"It's a deal. Now what are we having."

"Muffins!" Pinkie said.

"Mmm... Muffins."

Well it wasn't a balanced meal, but it was food. And hey who was I to pass up a free muffin.

Author's Note:

Well two chapters in one day. Never expect that again. Got bored talking with MasterHunter55 today, so we did nothing but... Write!