• Published 2nd Apr 2013
  • 2,026 Views, 50 Comments

Fractured Soul - JollyRogue



A mysterious pony wakes up to find himself with no memory. The only things he has is a scarf and... A metal leg.

  • ...
2
 50
 2,026

Ch 10

Hmm... Celestia... That sounded familiar. Oh, Celestia was the name of Twilight's teacher. Wait Princess? Crap, I was in the presence of royalty! Did I have to show some form of respect?

I got up from the dragon's remains and lifted my hoof up in a salute. No I wasn't in the military, that wouldn't work.

"At ease young one." Celestia said.

"Umm... Yes Ma'am." I put my hoof down to my side.

Since I was up right, I could make out what the Princess looked like. She had a white coat much like Rarity's. I noticed she was very tall, she stood a head taller than me. I rose my head to look at her face, our eye's met. Her eye's were a deep shade of purple, much like an amethyst. On the top of her head sat a golden crown, a purple amethyst was implanted in the middle. At the base of the crown was a white horn. Then there was her mane, it was three light shades of colors; blue, green, and pink, and it blew through the air, without any wind. Hmm... I think she could give Pinkie a run for her money. She also had a pair of wings! Wow she really could give Pinkie a run for her money.

"Now by the look of you, I must assume you're the one my student was talking about." The Princess said.

"Yes, my name is Jason, and it is a pleasure to meet you." I took a bow towards the Princess.

"Jason who are you talking to?" Applejack yelled from her barn.

"I'm talking to the Princess!"

Applejack gasped, and ran out from her barn, and was next to me in a second. She then bowed down.

"I'm sorry for bein' so rude Princess." Applejack said.

"Do not worry Applejack, now please stand up." Celestia said.

Applejack got back up, but the sound of shuffled hooves came from the other side of the dragons remains. The other four ponies came to join us. All of them bowed to the ground.

"Yes thank you all, now do please get up." The Princess said, with a chuckle in her voice.

"Princess Celestia I don't understand, what are you doing here?" Twilight asked.

"I came here because of him." Celestia motioned with her head towards me. "In your letter you mentioned how he used the Words of Origination. These "words" are a type of old magic, long forgotten. I came here tonight to find out how he knows these words." Celestia said, her last few words spoken coldly.

"No clue, a despondent voice retaught them to me." Nailed it, that was sure to clear up the questions.

"Just as I feared, in your current situation, I'm afraid that we wont be able to know how you fully know these words."

"So what are the Words of Origination?" Twilight asked.

"They are what current magic is based off of." Celestia said.

Twilight's eye's widened "What?"

*sigh* "Well it is only natural you should know. Now listen closely." Celestia looked to both Twilight and I. "The Words of Origination are the true name for an object. When the object's name is spoken it summons a symbol, this symbol is used to represent the words before the object is fully summoned. Now the size and power of the object all depends on the energy that is given to the symbol upon creation. Either a physical one, or the caster's own. Then when energy is poured into the symbol, it takes but some kind of action or thought to release this energy. Now magic we use today is based off of these words, in one way or another. If you need an example, think of when you cast a spell. The source of your spell comes from your horn. Well a horn is used as a kind of amplifying rod, and the source of this spell comes from inside your mind where the spell is being cast from. Instead of saying words your mind thinks of them. The spell is then cast and amplified by your horn." The Princess looked around and saw that five of the six ponies were gobsmacked. "Well I figured that some of you wouldn't understand, many scholars go their entire lives just trying to understand this basic concept."

"It sounded a lot better than the way I had to learn." I said.

*sigh* "I'm just curious how you know these words." Celestia said.

"You and me both Princess. Now about the pressing matters." I gestured to the skull.

"Ah yes, well... I was hoping you would be able to tell me about that."

It was my time to sigh. *sigh* "I don't know Princess. Someone is trying to kill me, so they sent 'that' after me."

"And... Do you have an idea what that is?" Celestia asked.

"It's a dragon!" Pinkie said, as she bounced up and down behind the still gobsmacked ponies.

"Also it's dead." I interjected.

"Okay yes, but is there anything else you know about this dragon?" Celestia asked.

"There is just one thing." I said walking over to the skull.

"Oh, and what is that?" Celestia asked.

"Just this!" I closed my eye's, and stuck my metal hoof into the skull's eye socket.

Well it wasn't an idea, just an instinct, but it proved to be right, because a warmth had spread through my hoof. It had spread to my shoulder, then towards my body. I opened my eye's and looked at myself. A green flame had spread across my body. No this wasn't supposed happen! I panicked, I tried to pull my hoof out, but it was stuck. I looked down at it. The fire from the dragon had traveled up my hoof at a rapid rate, but I noticed that the glow from the dragon's eye's were dimmer. If I continued to hold on, would the glow go out? What would happen to the skull if the glow went out? There was only one way to see. I shoved my hoof further in to its eye socket.

The intensity of the flames increased. Where previously my body had felt a dull warmth, there was now a full blown heat.

"Ahh!" I screamed at the top of lungs.

"Jason!" Someone said.

I needed to strive through the pain. I had opened my eye's again and looked at the skull. The green glow had vanished. I moved my hoof out from the socket. The fire that was on my body seemed to lessen, and started to flow towards my hoof. The flames disappeared as they touched the metal appendage.

As the last of the fire disappeared, a rush of pain struck my head.

"Gah!" I yelled as I fell towards the ground with a loud *thump*.

"Jason!" was the last thing I heard before I passed out.

Author's Note:

Whelp spent the last week editing. So there are a few things that have been changed nothing major. So about what aboout just happened...Hmm... Well you'll have to wait for the next chapter to find out about the flames.