• Published 2nd Apr 2013
  • 2,029 Views, 50 Comments

Fractured Soul - JollyRogue



A mysterious pony wakes up to find himself with no memory. The only things he has is a scarf and... A metal leg.

  • ...
2
 50
 2,029

Ch 15

The group of five undead ponies stood fifty yards in front of me. Plan time! Okay what could I use? Hmm... Let's see, one scarf, one metal leg, a scared pony, a baby crocodile, and a limited amount of magic. Could have been worst.

Okay the plan was ready, phase one! "Rythian!" I yelled calling out to the dormant reptile in scarf. Rythian jumped out of my scarf and landed at my feet. "Now listen, I need you to watch Fluttershy. Understand?" The baby reptile gave a growl, hopefully in agreement. "Alright, and you may need these." I muttered something under my breath, and two symbols appeared on Rythian's side. A fireball and a shield. "Now stay with Fluttershy!" Rythian ran behind me, hopefully to protect Fluttershy. "Now it's just you and me!" I said to the group who were five yards in front of me, closer than I had expected. "Oh I didn't know you were that close."

The one that was closer to me, charged. Well it was now or never. "Cenma!" A fireball erupted and hit the one that had charged at me. He flew backwards, and slammed into a tree. The force of the collision caused his body to fall apart, spreading bone shards all over the road and into the trees. One down four to go.

The rest of the skeleton ponies charged, albeit rather slowly. This next one would have to count, I was already feeling the effects of using too much magic, having given Rythian some shields, and that fireball just now.

"Humrra Volvape!" I yelled. The ground shook, and a hole appeared in the ground, roughly ten feet wide, and three of the ponies fell down with a *crash*. One managed to jump over the gap, and landed on top of me, pinning me to the ground.

He glared at me with green glowing eyes. The eye's that contained my soul, my memories. Anger filled me, I tried to push the lifeless puppet off of me, but to no avail. He moved his hoof up to his face, and with a flick of his wrist, the shadow morphed and shifted into a pointed cone. The tip extended a foot past the original length of his bony appendage. The skeleton glanced at the pointed cone, then pointed the tip towards me, and without a second hesitation, he brought the shadowy spear down, towards my neck.

I closed my eye's briefly, expecting the spear to penetrate my jugular, when I felt something brush past my face. I opened my eye's quickly to see what it was. Rythian was standing on top of my neck. He had jumped in the way to protect me. The spear continued it's decent, not slowing down, and Rythian was hit in the side.

"No!" I started to yell.

A light went off from where Rythian had been hit. The spear was sent backwards, and a stream of orange fire exploded from Rythian's side. The skeletal pony was launched backwards, and fell into the pit, his bones breaking at the bottom of it with a *crunch*.

Oh yeah, I forgot he was shielded. "Well thanks Rythian." He blinked at me in response. "Is Fluttershy okay?" I asked the small crocodile. He blinked again, but this time it was just his right eye. "Good, I'm glad she's alright." I stand up and turn around to look for the canary pegasus. She was five feet behind me, laying flat on the ground, her hooves covered her face. In her hooves she held two twigs with only a couple of leafs on each branch. It gave the impression that she was a bush. "Hey Rythian do you think Fluttershy is behind this bush?"

At the mention of her name, Fluttershy dropped the twigs and moved her hooves away from her eye's. "Oh there you are Fluttershy!" I said jokingly.

"Are you two alright!?" A voice yelled above me.

I jerked my head up, and caught sight of a rainbow blur. "Oh hey Rainbow dash!" I waved to rainbow pony that was landing next to us.

"What happened here?" Rainbow asked.

"Those mean looking ponies just suddenly attacked us!" Fluttershy said.

"No need to worry, I took them out."

"All by yourself?" Rainbow asked.

"Yeah! I'm mean it's not that surprising, I took that dragon out yesterday."

"A dragon!" Fluttershy interjected, a look of surprise and horror plastered on her face.

"Oh yeah you weren't there, were you?" Rainbow said with a sheepish smile. Probably due to the fact she had forgotten to tell Fluttershy about the day's prior events.

"Anyways, Dash mind doing me a favor?"

"What?" A look of surprise spread over her face. Probably because I had called her "Dash"

I turned away from the two mares and faced the pit. "Just carry me back to Sugar Cube Corner." I said, as I raised my metal hoof into the air.

"Your not going to do that again, are you?" Rainbow interjected, stepping to my side with a stern face.

"I have no other choice, I need my memories back." I looked at my metal hoof. The light from the setting sun had turned the normally gray appendage a reddish orange. Then it gave off a white flash.

I looked towards the tree that the skeleton had collided with, the skull was at the base of a root. It slowly moved, trying to make its way towards me. The fire in it's eye's seeped out in thin strands. The skull panicked as it realized it's life force was leaving it. It thrashed about turning away from me, but the last of the green fire made it's way out of the skull, leaving a motionless bone heap, and a stream of green fire made it's way towards me.

I looked to the pit to see four streams of green fire slowly making their way up the sides of the dirt walls. The first of these flames touched my leg, and it caught fire immediately. The flames slowly spread over my body, but started to spread faster as more streams touched my leg. Soon every inch of my body was on fire, every inch was in pain.

I closed my eye's, and screamed out in pain. After a few seconds I reopened my eye's to see the last of the fire touching my hoof. The pain slowly began to dissipate, the fire receded from my body and returned to the hoof. Where it disappeared entirely.

After the fire had disappeared, a wave of pain struck my head, like a brick wrapped in lemon. It caused me to double over, and my vision went black.

***

While Jason had been fighting, a pair of golden eye's surveyed the battle from the edge of the forest. The eye's belonged to a dark gray unicorn with a greasy black mane and tail. His cutie mark was a cloud of purple mist with a pair of hollow eyes in the center.

The mysterious pony moaned as he saw Jason was not killed by the last skeleton, whom he thought had Jason dead for sure. Under his breath he mumbled, "Why can't we get rid of this fool? If we had just killed him when we had gotten rid of his memories..." His voice trailed off. In front of him, Jason had just raised his hoof, and the flame from one of the skeletons trailed off, and made it's way towards Jason.

No, no, no! The mysterious pony thought to himself. He broke into a gallop, and made his way deeper into the forest.

"He wasn't supposed to do that. The flames weren't supposed to bend to his will like that." He said to himself.

After a minute of galloping, the mysterious pony had reached a clearing. The light from the setting sun was almost non-existent this deep in the forest. He made his way to a light brown tent, that was set between two trees. Once he was in front of the tent he broke through the entrance and made his way inside.

The inside was simple. In the corner, a small cot was set up. Next to it was a table, and on top of this, a map was sprawled out. The map was labeled Equestria in curvy black writing. The last object in the room was a full length mirror. He made his way towards this mirror and tapped his hoof on the reflective glass.

The mirror rippled like water, then it flashed white. The normally reflective surface of the mirror had been replaced by a murky, black silhouette. The silhouette spoke. "Jolon why have you called!"

"My lord, I am sorry to disturb you but it's about, Jason." Jolon said, the last part a little bitterly.

"You've taken care of him, haven't you?" The silhouette asked, a tone of anger in his deep voice.

"Well, it seems that, Jason can, absorb the souls that you gave me." Jolon said, sheepishly.

"What!"

"Well tonight, I sent out a team to test his current state. Just to see if it was a fluke with the dragon. It seems, he has regained some memories, and some of that despicable magic of his."

The silhouette was speechless. Jolon rubbed his head as he hung it, feeling uncomfortable. Finally his master spoke "And you're sure he absorbed the souls?"

"Yes, he took the five I had taken. Then he caught on fire, and passed out."

"This shouldn't be. Normally, when someone absorbs a soul, it's because they share a connection with it. The souls I gave you, were ones I've personally harvested and tainted with my own ways. The only connection that him and I share are the colors of our soul's. Both our soul's are green, nearly identical, but this is not nearly enough for him to absorb them. Are you sure he didn't do any thing else?"

"No sir, he simply lifted that damn leg of his and the souls were attracted to it."

"Hmm... I guess for the time being, I would like you to use any souls of your own that you have with you."

"Sir I only have a few with me."

"That will do."

"B-b-but sir..." Jolon stammered out.

"Please tell me you haven't forgotten your greatest trick, my little necromancer."

Jolon gave a malicious smile. "Oh right, I'm sure I can find one of his "friends" to use that on."

***

I awoke to find myself, alone, in a white void. Wait, alone? That shouldn't have been right. Last time I was here there was an ever changing form of gray. What could have happened to it?

"So you're the pony our sister has mentioned." An unfamiliar voice said from behind me.

I turned my head around to find something that was nearly as black as night. A dark blue pony stood in front of me. Everything about her was blue. Her coat, her wings, her horn, even her ever blowing mane and tail were blue. Wait horn, wings, a ridiculous hairstyle. If Celestia had all that stuff, that means she most be in the same standings as her.

I panicked. I brought my leg to my head, saluting the mysterious pony.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Don't know. It seems to be the right thing to do in the presence of royalty."

"Well, could you please stop, it embarrasses us."

"Uh, okay." I brought my hoof back down. "So, who are you, and how did you get here?"

"We are Princess Luna, Princess of the Night, and sister of Celestia. As to how we have made it here, being Princess of the Night gives us certain powers. Like that to travel into the dreams of sleeping ponies."

So she is Celestia's sister. I guess she came to see me like Celestia did. Wait, did she say dream? last I checked this was a different dimension. "Oh, uh, right. So, why are you here?"

"We have come to see the pony, that has the talent, that has not been seen in centuries."

"Do you mean the Words?"

"Yes, the Words of Origination, they are something that not many ponies have been able to use, since even before our banishment."

"Huh, well Princess..."

"Please call us Luna."

"Okay, Luna, as Celestia has probably told you, I have lost my memories. You know practically as much about where I got them as I do!" I said, a little bit of anger in my words.

"Oh, I-we are sorry."

"*sigh* No I'm sorry Luna. It's just so frustrating not having any way to know who I really am." I turned my gaze away from her's.

"..."

"Luna?" I looked back up to see Luna staring wide eyed, not at me but at something behind me.

I turned my head to look for what could have had her attention. On the empty horizon a small green light floated towards us. It came to rest roughly ten feet in front of me. What was it? I thought as I got closer. Upon closer inspection, it appeared to be a small green sphere, no bigger than an apple.

I held out my hoof to touch it, when Luna interjected. "No wait!" Too late, my hoof came into contact.

At the sudden touch of my hoof the sphere shrunk, but then it started to expand, growing larger and larger. Soon the sphere was bigger than me, and it seemed to be getting closer.

"Get back from it!" Luna yelled.

I started to slowly back away from it, but the sphere reacted faster than I did. The only thing I could see was green. Had the sphere enveloped me? Probably, because the next thing I heard was Luna screaming. "Get out of there!" Before she broke through the sphere.

"Nice of you to join me." I chuckled at Luna.

"What is this?" Luna asked.

"Don't know," The color of the sphere began to change, showing us shades of browns, and blacks, before it finally focused into some details. We were now standing in a room. "but this should be interesting."

Author's Note:

So introduced a little more plot for you guys. A new antagonist, and future conflict :pinkiehappy:. Expect another chapter in about a week.