• Published 26th Mar 2013
  • 709 Views, 53 Comments

The Cutie Mark Crusaders: Ghost Hunters 2 - JerryTheHouseGhost



The Cutie Mark Crusaders are at it again! Join Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo as they go on new ghost hunting adventures that are completely different from what they did in the first story. Seriously.

  • ...
1
 53
 709

Night 1, Pt. 3: Familiar Faces

"Helloooo?" asked Sweetie Belle as she peeked through the basement door.

"Do you see anything?" asked Scootaloo.

"I think it's still upstairs."

"Then we've gotta go up there an' see what it is," said Applebloom.

Scootaloo walked over to the bottom of the stairs, with Sweetie Belle and Applebloom close behind her. Scootaloo looked back at her companions. "Why do I have to be in the front?"

"Because you're tryin' to redeem yourself from your chicken status," answered Applebloom.

"Fine." Scootaloo slowly began to make her way up the stairs.

"Who's in my house!?" yelled a voice that sounded close.

"AAAHH!!!" Scootaloo fell backwards, but was caught by Sweetie Belle and Applebloom. "No! I want to go down the stairs! Let me fall!"

"Hey! That screamin' sounds familiar..."

"Hey, that yelling sounds familiar," said Sweetie Belle.

"Yeah, it does," agreed Applebloom.

Just then, a pony wearing a bunny suit ran out of the first door on the right at the top of the stairs. "Who's there!?!?"

"Hank!" yelled Applebloom excitedly, running over to give him a hug. "I'm glad it was you up here!"

"Well, if it ain't my three favorite fillies!" said Hank.

Sweetie Belle was still on the stairs holding Scootaloo up. "A little help here?" she asked.

"Wait, who's that?"

"Who's who?" asked Applebloom.

"There's three of you?"

There's always been three of us..." said Sweetie Belle.

"Oh, did I say three? Silly me; I meant four." Hank looked down the stairs.

"Wait, what?" Applebloom followed Hank's gaze and gasped. "W-What's that!?"

"What? She's not with you?"

Sweetie Belle tried her best to turn her head and look behind her, but she ended up losing her grip on Scootaloo, causing both fillies to fall down the stairs. "NOT AGAIN!! OOOOWW!! AAAH!! OOF!"

"Are you two okay!?" Applebloom took a step down the stairs then froze. "It's still there..."

"What is?" Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo both turned themselves over to look up. Standing right above them was a filly made completely of shadow. "OH WHAT THE HAY!?!?"

"Watch your language, Sweetie!"

"No! You watch your language! You don't have a shadow-pony standing right above you!"

"It's touching me!" yelled Scootaloo.

"Shut up Scootaloo! Sweetie Belle, I'm going to tel Rarity that you used the word- wait... What did you just say, Scootaloo?" asked Applebloom.

"It's touching me!!!!"

Sweetie Belle looked over at Scootaloo and saw that the shadow pony was standing on Scootaloo.

"You can't just let her do that to you, Scootaloo! Don't you remember what Iron Will taught you?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"I wasn't at his seminar!"

"You weren't? Then who was I there with...?"

Applebloom watched as the door began to open slowly. "Girls... The door is opening on its own..."

"The shadow pony is still standing on me!"

"The door opened on its own!"

"Hank's gone!" yelled Sweetie Belle.

Before Applebloom could turn to see if Sweetie Belle was telling the truth or if she was lying to make it seem like she had something worthwhile to say at the moment, she spotted something familiar just through the doorway. She narrowed her eyes. "So we meet again... Stumpy!!!"

The stump from earlier that night slowly moved into the light. It stayed in the same spot for some time, occasionally turning itself towards Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle.

"Is it trying to talk to us?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"Psh, stumps can't talk; they're just stupid wood," said Applebloom. Just then, the stump flew up the stairs and smacked into Applebloom's face. "OW!!!"

"Applebloom! Are you okay!?" asked Sweetie Belle.

Applebloom had her face in her hooves. "I was just hit in the face by a wooden stump that was moving at abnormally fast speeds. WHAT DO YOU THINK!?!?"

"Well, it's a possibility that-"

"I AM IN SEVERE PAIN!!!!"

"The shadow pony is still standing on me!" screamed Scooatloo.

"At least it didn't stomp on your face!"

"... I don't think Applebloom is kidding around, Sweetie Belle."

"Oh, really!? Is it that obvious!? Ow... Where did the stump even go?"

"I didn't see it come back down here," said Sweetie Belle.

Applebloom looked around and spotted the stump hanging out in a corner. "Yeah, it's still up here being creepy." The stump flew at her again, but she was ready this time. She jumped out of the way, and it smashed into the wall.

"Ha! Stupid stump!" yelled Sweetie Belle. The stump flew from the wall at her, but she was also too quick for its scheme of instant-vengeance; Sweetie ducked and it flew over her. "Ah! It could have taken my head clean off!"

"The shadow pony. Is still. ON ME!!!!" screamed Scootaloo. The stump flew at her. "I didn't even insult you!"

The shadow pony jumped, and the stump flew in between it and Scootaloo, into the living room, and finally into the fireplace. All of the sudden, the stump caught on fire and just sat in the fireplace. Applebloom walked down the stairs and stared at the flaming stump.

"Wow," began Applebloom, "I didn't think it would end this way for him."

Sweetie Belle walked over to Applebloom. "He was a formidable adversary."

Applebloom looked at Sweetie Belle. "... What?"

"Huh?"

"What did you just say?"

"Never mind."

"... Okay..."

The stump started squealing in the fireplace.

"This is rather disturbing," said Sweetie Belle.

"Yeah," agreed Applebloom.

"The shadow pony is still on me," added Scootaloo.

"How many times have you said that?"

"At least three times too many."

"I don't even think it's going to hurt any of us," said Sweetie Belle.

"I won't," said the shadow pony.

"See? It even said that it won't."

"I'm not even scared that it's talking to us right now," said Scootaloo.

"What's your name?" asked Applebloom.

"Shadow," answered the pony.

"... I can live with that," said Sweetie Belle.

"GET OUTTA MAH HOUSE, YOU FREAKY SPIRITS!" Hank began yelling from upstairs.

"Uh... Hank?"

Hank appeared at the top of the stairs. "Don't worry, fillies; I'm going to rescue you!"

"Hank, we don't need-"

Hank ran down the stairs, past the fillies, out the door, and into the dark of the night.

"I don't think he's coming back," said Scootaloo.

"Well, I think we should get out of here before the door closes and locks again," said Applebloom.

"Hey, Shadow? Do you want to come with us?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"You'd let me?"

"Of course!" Sweetie Belle smiled widely.

"Who would she stay with?" asked Scootaloo.

"She could stay with me; Rarity's pretty generous."

Author's Note:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the last line in this chapter is the cheesiest line I've put in any of my stories. Ever.
Thanks for reading!
Make sure to rate this story if you haven't already, and maybe even favorite it!
Also feel free to leave a comment telling me how much you loved this chapter.

Here's a song:

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment