• Published 26th Mar 2013
  • 709 Views, 53 Comments

The Cutie Mark Crusaders: Ghost Hunters 2 - JerryTheHouseGhost



The Cutie Mark Crusaders are at it again! Join Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo as they go on new ghost hunting adventures that are completely different from what they did in the first story. Seriously.

  • ...
1
 53
 709

Night 1: Stupid Crypt!

"Remember the last time we were in the Everfree?" asked Scootaloo.

"Hmmm..." Sweetie Belle was deep in thought. "Yeah, we played hide 'n' seek."

"Oh... Well then, the time before that."

"More hide 'n' seek," said Applebloom.

"Way before that."

"We visited Zecora to try and find a cure for the love potion?"

"... After that."

"We were asked by some crazy cursed pony to go into the forest and get a mirror from a crypt to break a curse?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"Before that!"

"Can't you just tell us!?" Applebloom was growing impatient. "Wait, obviously you're gonna say somthin' like 'we tried to hunt for Slender Stallion, but it turned out to be my favorite pony ever in a costume!' "

"Well... I was going to say it was that time we played hide 'n' seek..."

"I already said that," said Sweetie Belle.

"So did ah," said Applebloom.

"I was thinking of the time that was before both of those." Scootaloo looked at her friends as they started going ಠ_ಠ. She turned around and began walking down the path.

"Chicken!"

"Okay, which one of you said that!?"

Sweetie Belle and Applebloom pointed at each other.

Scootaloo sighed, then turned around and began walking again.

"Chicken!" yelled both Applebloom and Sweetie Belle in unison.

Scootaloo turned around with wide angry eyes. "WHY!?!?"

"No! Look! A chicken!" Applebloom pointed her hoof behind Scootaloo, who turned around. Sure enough, there was a chicken poking its head out of a bush on the side of the path.

"Oh, huh; how did I not see that before?"

"Because you're blind?"

"Oh, shut up, Sweetie Be-" Scootaloo stopped talking when she turned around. "Uh... Applebloom?"

"Yes, Scootaloo?"

"Has Sweetie Belle been a statue this whole time?"

Applebloom looked to her left. Sweetie Belle was a statue. "Whoa! Ah don't think so... Wasn't she just talking a little while ago?"

"I think so... Have our lives been lies this entire time?"

"Wait; she hasn't been a statue our entire lives, Scootaloo!"

"How do you know that!?"

"She was just turned into one!"

Applebloom and Scootaloo turned to look at the chicken head coming out of the bushes.

"COCKATRICE!!! AAAHHHHH!!!"

It came out of the bushes, but it was actually just a normal chicken. It looked at them, as if to ask "why you screamin' at me, you crazy fillies?"

"Wait, that's just a chicken!" observed Applebloom.

"Then what's up with Sweetie Belle?" asked Scootaloo.

"Hey girls!" said Sweetie Belle as she came up behind Applebloom on the path.

"Aahhh!" screamed Applebloom. "Sweetie Belle!? Ah thought you were a statue!"

Sweetie Belle looked down at her body, than back at Applebloom. "I'm not..."

"Then what's with this statue of you?"

"That's just a tree stump..."

Scootaloo and Applebloom looked where the statue had just been. It was a tree stump. The stump of a tree. One that was not made of stone, nor did it resemble Sweetie Belle or any other pony for that matter. No statue was in sight.

"There was a statue right here!" said Scootaloo. "I swear!"

"Yeah right! You're trying to scare me," said Sweetie Belle.

"No, ah saw it too, Sweetie Belle!" said Applebloom.

"Well it's not here now, is it? Let's go find that crypt!"

As the three friends were leaving the stump, Scootaloo walked up to it. "You're not fooling me, you stump!" She turned around and caught up with her friends. "Does that stump take me for a fool!?"

"It's just a stump, Scootaloo," said Applebloom.

"That's what they all say."

"Who's 'they?' " asked Sweetie Belle.

"... I don't know... The ponies that get fooled by stumps?"

"How many ponies have you met that have been fooled by stumps?" asked Applebloom.

"I've met my fair share of stump-fools."

"Stump-fools?"

"Yeah, that's the scientific term for them."

"Who told you that?"

"Uh... Twilight... Who else would know sciency things?"

"So you're saying that Twilight told you the scientific term for ponies who have been fooled by stumps?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"Yep."

"And if I go to her and ask her about ponies being fooled by stumps, she'd know what I was talking about?"

"... Yes..."

"I don't believe you."

"Good!"

"Why is that good?" asked Applebloom.

"Because I was lying to you anyway!"

"So you were fooled by the stump after all?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"Dang it!!!!"

The Cutie Mark Crusaders saw a clearing up ahead.

"Interesting..." said Sweetie Belle.

"How is that interesting? It's just a clearing," said Applebloom.

"But I thought the only clearing in the Everfree Forest was that way," said Sweetie Belle as she pointed her hoof behind them and to the left.

"Oh yeah..."

"How long have we been walking for?" asked Scootaloo.

"Way too long; this is the edge of the Everfree Forest."

"Well then, shouldn't we have run into the crypt somewhere back there?"

"Yeah..."

"So either we passed it..." started Applebloom.

"Or it doesn't even exist." Sweetie Belle finished for her.

"Stupid crypt!" yelled Scootaloo.

"Is it just me, or is it really dark out right now?" asked Applebloom.

The three friends looked back to where they had come from. They could hardly see anything.

"No, it's really dark. Really, really, REALLY, REALLY dark!" said Scootaloo.

"Why didn't we bring any supplies?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"Because we're sometimes the biggest idiots."

Sweetie Belle raised a hoof, about to argue with Scootaloo, but then lowered her hoof and her head and said, "Yeah..."

"Oh hey, it's that chicken again!" said Applebloom.

Scootaloo looked into the darkness and saw the chicken walking around on the path. "Oh yeah!"

"You two saw a chicken earlier!?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"Yeah; it was right before you turned into a statue. And then the statue turned into a stump..." said Applebloom.

"Why didn't you tell me that you saw a chicken?"

"Ah thought the statue-stump was more important..."

"Wait a minute," said Scootaloo.

"What?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"That's not a chicken; it's a cockatrice."

"Oh yeah, it is a cockatrice, isn't it?"

"I guess the dragony body kinda gives it away," said Applebloom.

"Do you think it sees us?" asked Scootaloo.

The cockatrice looked right at them.

"Yep."

Author's Note:

Chapter 2, yo! I hope you all enjoyed it!
Make sure to comment your feelings for the chapter so I know what you all thought of it.
Haven't liked or favorited this story yet? WHY NOT!?!?

Song of the day: