• Published 24th Mar 2013
  • 7,689 Views, 473 Comments

An Eque$trian Payday - The card holder



A group of robbers end up at ground zero of Earth and Equestria having portals opening between them. The robbers blend in with the crowd and bide their time; at least, until they decide that Equestria has some nifty things to steal...

  • ...
26
 473
 7,689

Traffic $top

At a nearly empty intersection, three armored trucks rolled to a stop, before moving forward again once the light turned green. They didn't get very far, however, as an ambulance pulled over in front of the lead vehicle, lights and sirens on. The trucks stopped, waiting for the ambulance to move.

Meanwhile, in the middle truck, a certain white unicorn looked around in confusion. "What's wrong? Why are we stopped?"

"Looks like an ambulance is blocking the lead vehicle," the driver reported. "We'll have to wait until they finish their business."

"What?! This is an outrage! I am a prince, and I should not have to wait while...!"

As Blueblood went on with his rant, a pair of pegasi sitting across from him in the truck sighed in unison.

"You know, when I was accepted into the Wonderbolts, I didn't think I'd be stuck babysitting some jerk," Rainbow Dash remarked quietly.

Spitfire chuckled. "Trust me, I didn't think so, either."

"...then they can take it up with the court! Honestly, just who do they think they are?!"


Some distance away, a semi truck sat idle, its engine running. Inside, Chains and Hoxton sat, waiting for the word to kick things off. This would be a job that would get them quite a lot of national attention, so they decided to not wear their trademark masks. At Wolf's suggestion, they instead wore simple hockey masks.

"Alright, I got confirmation that Blueblood is in the middle truck," Bain reported. "Let's do this."


Dash sighed. Blueblood had finally stopped ranting, and instead grumbled in silence.

"Weird," the driver said, "no one's getting out of that ambulance."

Dash sighed again, not really listening to anything, and glanced out the small side window. Some distance away, she saw a truck just sitting there. Soon after she looked, though, it started moving.

And it didn't slow down.

"Uh, guys?" she started, unsure of what the proper procedure for this was. She looked to Spitfire, who gave her a questioning look. Before she explained, she looked back out the window-

Just in time to see the truck entering the intersection.

A split second later, and the truck was impacted by a great force, sending all its occupants reeling. The impact sent it on its side, causing the ponies to end up piled on top of each other.

Dash's ears were ringing from the impact, which wasn't helped at all by the following explosion that opened up the back door of the truck. Before she could process anything, she felt something get tied around her hooves, and her wings go numb. Then a pair of hands roughly grabbed her and dragged her a short distance into an abandoned building, where she was unceremoniously tossed on the ground. She turned as much as she could, and saw a pair of hockey mask wearing men toss Blueblood and Spitfire down next to her, both of them also restrained.

Soon, her hearing came back, but all she could hear outside was gunshots.


"Alright, we got three GenSec trucks here, each with who knows what kind of loot. Get what you can, and keep an eye on the prince. Once you got all the loot you want, go up to the roof and put everything in the cage there. I'll call the pilot when you're ready."

As soon as the semi made contact, Wolf and Dallas leaped out of the hijacked ambulance and ran to the trucks, firing at the guards emerging from the front. The rear truck tried to pull forward out of the intersection, but a shot from Dallas's rifle stopped that.

Now with three trucks stranded, the four robbers quickly got to work. Chains had already used most of his C4 opening up the middle truck, so drills were placed on the other two to get inside.

Police had shown up not even a minute after the bullets started flying, and a couple minutes later they were joined by SWAT units.

Chains and Dallas laid down suppressing fire near the drills, stopping only to reload or reset the drills, and Wolf got to work sawing open the boxes in the middle truck. Hoxton, meanwhile, was keeping an eye on the hostages, while also taking shots at the cops from a mostly boarded up window.

Throughout all this, Dash struggled against her bonds, only to find that they wouldn't budge. She couldn't even move her wings, either. Turning, she saw that Spitfire was having similar problems. Blueblood had simply folded into a fetal position, and she suspected that at some point he pissed himself.

Suddenly, there was a loud crash, and a SWAT unit kicked down one of the back doors. Dash looked on with hope, but it was erased when Hoxton immediately sent the officer's helmet flying, followed by his squad who followed closely behind.

Back outside, Wolf had cleaned out the truck he was in, and tossed a couple of bags of cash to Hoxton, who brought them inside next to the hostages. Dallas and Chains both held off the brunt of the police assault, using the trucks as cover. Occasionally, a sniper would try to sight them in from a nearby rooftop, or a Tazer would advance on them, but they were quickly called out and killed.

Soon, the other two trucks were also open, and Wolf moved in to open up their boxes, as well. Chains moved to support him, and Dallas fell back to help Hoxton watch the loot and the hostages.

"Got ourselves a right shootout here," the Brit commented. "It's a nice change of pace, don't you think?"

"Even though most of the time this happens anyway?"

"Fair enough. Still, knocking off a convoy of armored trucks, that's like something that would be done back in those bloody cowboy films."

"It's nice and simple, and I like th- Oh, fuck, Bulldozer!"

As the two focused fire on the armored unit, Wolf quickly moved back and forth between the building and the trucks, moving bags of loot. He took a few bullets to the vest, but they were easily shrugged off. It wasn't long before the trucks were cleaned out.

"Alright, now get all that to the cage on the roof. Don't forget 'his royal highness'."

As Chains retreated to the company of the other three, they started tossing bags upstairs, where Hoxton was waiting to toss them into a medium sized metal cage, only stopping to take out the occasional sniper.

Once all the bags were inside, Chains brought up Blueblood, who looked like he fainted at some point. He, too, was loaded into the cage, and Chains flipped a switch on it, causing a white balloon to fly high into the sky.

"Alright, I'm calling the pilot now." Bain paused before continuing. "Broadsword to Danny Boy, the basket is ready, come pick it up."

"Okay, Sensei," a new voice answered over the radio, "I'll be there in a couple of minutes."

Once again, the crew split up, Hoxton and Wolf staying on the roof, and Dallas and Chains going back downstairs, both to stop the cops from advancing too far and to keep an eye on the other two hostages.

The assault let up a bit, and the flow of cops slowed down to more manageable levels. It wasn't long before a plane could be seen in the distance, followed by it quickly clearing the distance and catching the balloon on the cage.

Or, at least, that was the plan.

"Shit, I missed, coming around for a second pass, thirty seconds."

As the crew cursed their luck, the police assault began to pick up again, and it wasn't long before they were forced to take cover behind anything solid, lest they become Swiss cheese.

As the firefight raged on, the plane came by again, this time catching the cage and flying off with it, leaving no trace of its existence behind.

"Alright, Sensei, picked up the package, moving to the drop off point."

"Nice work. Okay, crew, the cops blocked off all the roads near there, so we'll have to do something different. There should be a manhole out on the street; go find it and drop into the sewers. They'll never see it coming."

The crew could see the manhole in question, but there happened to be a pair of Shields on top of it, along with the incoming hail of gunfire. With no other option, the four of them opted to simply wait it out, until an opportunity presented itself.

Soon, it did; the police out front had all been dealt with, and the main force of the assault started attacking from behind. That was all the opening they needed. Dallas and Chains sprinted out into the street, while Hoxton and Wolf simply jumped from the roof, the one story fall being painful, but not enough to break anything. Chains wrenched the manhole cover off, and jumped into the sewers, followed by the other three. They picked a direction at random, and started running down it. It wasn't long before they got turned around and almost lost, however.

"This place is a god-damn maze!" Chains said, spraying at SWAT who followed them down.

"Keep looking, there has to be an exit somewhere."

Eventually, Wolf spotted a ladder leading up that wasn't the one they came in through. "This way!"

The crew followed him as he raced up the ladder, emerging into a parking garage. Their van was parked some distance away, the engine still running. The four of them wasted no time and jumped inside and closed the doors, the driver pulling out of the garage in a calm fashion.

"Excellent work, gentlemen," Bain complimented the group. "The loot's ours, and Blueblood looks to have an impeachment on his hands... Er, hooves. Let's get you back to the safe house."


Not too long after the criminals jumped into the sewer, hostage rescue units finally got to Dash and Spitfire, who stretched their wings once their bonds were removed. Almost immediately, Dash flew up into the air to try and spot where the group emerged from, but saw nothing.

"Dispatch, we've got multiple wounded," a nearby SWAT officer reported, "send EMTs ASAP."

"The AO is a shitstorm, repeat, the AO is a shitstorm," another said.

As Dash flew back to the ground, she felt a hoof on her back. "You're thinking of taking revenge on them, aren't you?" Spitfire asked.

"Well of course! I mean, who do they think they are, taking me, Rainbow Dash, hostage? So don't try and stop me!"

Spitfire laughed. "I never said I didn't want the same thing, Dashie."

Overhead, a helicopter hovered in place, likely looking for the crew just as Dash was. However, it was just as fruitless.

As soon as the cops started to pull out slightly, replaced by non-hijacked ambulances for the wounded, they were quickly followed by news vans, and Dash and Spitfire were both assaulted with questions. Dash sighed. She knew that she'd be feverishly asked questions by the press as a Wonderbolt, she just imagined that it would be for something she had done...