• Published 15th Mar 2013
  • 385 Views, 3 Comments

The Earthen Plot Lottery - tjflagler



Earthen Plot has beautiful green fields, bountiful crops, and a deep dark secret. What will Twilight and the gang find when a frantic pony comes to them with ramblings of the towns infamous ways?

  • ...
 3
 385

Frantic Tears

Fluttershy stood at the edge of the Everfree forest picking flowers. She came here at the beginning of every spring to pick the most beautiful flowers and then attempt to replant them in her garden. She hummed a cheerful tune while trotting amongst the flora, unaware of the rustling in the woods behind her.

A frantic and down trodden mare suddenly burst from the trees. As soon as she saw Fluttershy she made a beeline for her while spouting a stream of nonsense. Fluttershy turned to see the mare coming straight at her. Fluttery yelped and dropped her flowers as she took flight. She soared far over head the pony and looked down on her. The pony looked up to Fluttershy and continued to stammer on.

“Help! Earthen Plot! Lottery!” The pony managed to get out between other indistinguishable yelps. Fluttershy looked at the poor pony with confusion. She deemed her to not be harmful and descended towards her. Fluttershy landed gently next to the pony and put a wing over her.

“There there, what is the matter?” Fluttershy asked her softly. The mare burst into tears and leaned into Fluttershy. Shaky and uncertain words came from her mouth. Fluttershy could not understand the pony at all. She shook her head and embraced her, allowing the mare to cry on and on.

“Oh dear you're really shaken up! Come, maybe my friend will know what to do,” Fluttershy said as she slowly ushered the mare away from the woods. Fluttershy left her flowers behind and started out for Twilight's house.

“What is your name?” Fluttershy asked the mare as they trotted slowly along to Twilight's. The mare heaved a large sigh and sniffed.

“My name is Annmarie,” She replied as she held back more tears.

“It's nice to meet you Annmarie, I'm Fluttershy. Why are you crying?” Fluttershy asked Annmarie.

“My village … they have gone mad.” Annmarie said as she struggled to hold back sobs of despair. Fluttershy was confused by her answer.

“Mad? Are they fighting over something?” Fluttershy persisted on. Before Annmarie she burts into tears once more and didn't say a word. Fluttershy didn't wish to bother her so she left her alone. Before long they arrived on Twilight's door step.

“My friend Twilight lives here, she'll know what to do Annmarie,” Fluttershy reassuringly told her. Fluttershy knocked on Twilight's door three times. A bright flash emitted from the windows and a loud crash was heard from inside.

“Oh my, what was that?” Fluttershy asked. No one answered the door so she let herself and Annmarie in. Twilight's house was a complete mess. Books were open and scattered everywhere and a strange smoke filled the air. Fluttershy looked around the room, searching for her friend.

“Hello, Fluttershy! I'm up here,” Twilight's said from above. Fluttershy looked up to see Twilight clinging to the lamp that hung from her ceiling.

“How did you get up there? You can't fly,” Fluttershy said to Twilight.

“I was trying an advanced teleportation spell that was supposed to send me to Canterlot but it backfired. Now my house is a wreck and I'm stuck up here, I'm too worn out to cast a spell at the moment and if you'd give me a minute I'll be down soon,” Twilight informed her. Fluttershy left Annmarie's said and flew up to Twilight and held out her arms.

“Let me help you down,” Fluttershy offered. Twilight carefully leaned into her friends embrace. As she let go of the lamp both of them fell quickly to the floor below into a pile of books.

“Well thankfully the books broke that fall.” Twilight said, rubbing her backside.

“I'm sorry Twilight, I'm not strong enough to carry other ponies without help,” Fluttershy murmured. Twilight patted her friend on the shoulder and smiled.

“That is alright Fluttershy, the thought is what counts. So who is your friend here?” Twilight asked curiously stepping toward Annmarie.

“That is Annmarie, she came out of the Everfree forest screaming about some lottery and her village being mad.” Fluttershy said.

“So their mad because they lost the lottery? I wouldn't be, they scam you for your bits anyways.” Twilight said nonchalantly. Annamrie turned her head to the floor, tears falling down her face.

“What's wrong now?” Twilight asked.

“You don't understand. It's not like a normal lottery. My village, Earthen Plot, has a strange tradition,” Annmarie said while trying to choke back the tears.

“Like what?” Twilight asked curiously.

“Every spring we have a lottery, but this one is different. It's evil and malicious. The winner ... well they …,” Annamarie choked before she could finish her explanation. She begin to bawl and cry, falling to the floor in a total tantrum. Twilight and Fluttershy rushed to her side.

“Fluttershy, go get the others. There is something going on here and we need to find out what,” Twilight instructed Fluttershy. She nodded and flew out into the open to go gather her friends. Twilight led the still sobbing Annmarie up the stairs and to her bed.

“Please rest, Annamarie. We'll sort all this out when my friends get here,” Twilight told her. Annmaire rested on Twilight's bed and within minutes she fell asleep. Twilight observed the sleeping pony.

“Spike!” Twilight called for her assistant. He came running up the stairs.

“Yes Twilight?” He asked.

“We need to write a letter to the Princess.” Twilight told him. He nodded and retrieved a paper and quill. Twilight had a feeling something was terribly wrong. Whatever had shaken this pony had done so pretty bad. Whatever was in store for them they would need all the help they could get.

Author's Note:

I'm happy to upload part two of this story. Once again, I welcome all compliments and critiques, I can't get better if you don't tell me what you enjoy/don't enjoy! Happy reading!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment