• Published 28th Mar 2013
  • 21,276 Views, 1,041 Comments

The Code's Apprentice - Lapis-Lazuli and Stitch



For a thousand years, the Code of Harmony has ruled Equestria, and the Code of Dissonance has sabotaged its works at every turn. Now the war for control over the land will come to a head, and one unicorn's decision may decide the fate of all.

  • ...
46
 1,041
 21,276

Epilogue - Morning in Ponyville

~~~~~~Ponyville, The next morning.~~~~~

A golden chariot swept down from the skies, borne by two stalwart looking Royal Guards. It slowly rolled into the town square, amidst the workers and ponies of the town pitching in and trying to get on with their lives. A Sleek white form slowly, tentatively stepped off the chariot and trotted over to the two guards who had carried her. "Thank you, sirs." The white unicorn spoke softly, politely. The two Guards smiled and nodded their heads in acknowledgement, before taking off back into the sky.

The entire square was a mess of noise, bustle and confusion - and for just a moment, Tia Sunbeam felt incredibly alone in the world. Nopony here knew her, nopony here would recognize her. However, fate - or perhaps, Harmony - would not leave her alone for long. From seemingly nowhere, a gray-coated pegasus dropped out of the sky and went hurtling towards the ground... Tia gasped in shock, and her horn suddenly lit with power as she threw up a soft barrier on the ground in front of the pegasus - which she promptly crashed into, looking incredibly dizzy

Tia rushed over to her, using her telekinesis to slowly lower the pegasus to the ground. "My goodness! Are you quite alright?" Tia exclaimed. The grey pegasus looked a little worse for wear, but not bad. A few moments later, she had shaken out the worst of the fall and blinked up at Tia.

Tia could not help but stare a little at the wall-eyed pony, who promptly burst into a bright smile. "Oh thank you so much, miss!" Tia could not help but smile at the unbridled enthusiasm in her voice. "That could have been a rough landing without your help!" Within moments, she was back on her hooves, and smiling brightly at the still nervous Tia. "Oh yeah! Nice to meet you, my name's Ditzy Doo!"

The grey mare stuck out her hoof, and Tia tentatively shook it. What an odd pony. she thought, still a little nervous. "Um, nice to meet you, Miss Doo." Tia smiled back at her slowly; the pegasus' cheer was quite infectious. "Um, I'm T-Tia." she stammered out a little, before taking a deep breath. "Tia Sunbeam."

Ditzy beamed at her again, shaking the hoof quite enthusiastically. "Say!" She said, giving Tia a look with those oddly off eyes of hers. Quite pretty eyes, but still quite off. "You must be new to Ponyville! Lemme be the first one ta' welcome you!" She smiled in such a way that Tia really could not help but give one back.

Another voice called out "Derpy! Are you okay?" Another pair of mares came galloping across the square - A mint-green coated unicorn, and a cream coated earth pony. Derpy waved at them with a cheerful smile, as they got closer, the mint-colored pony looking at her in surprise. "I coulda' sworn I saw you drop out of the sky! I told you that you weren't healed up enough to go flying yet!"

Ditzy looked sheepish at that, scuffing a hoof into the dirt. "Sorry, Lyra." She said, drooping. "I thought I could do it. I shoulda listened to you an' Bon Bon." The other two mares gave each other a look and sighed. Tia blinked - they were exasperated, but they also seemed amused. Ditzy cheered up a moment later, speaking quickly before Tia could react. "But it's all okay! Tia here helped soften my landing!"

Tia blinked and smiled a little more boldly at the other two mares, who returned her smile with sunny grins of their own. "Well, it's always nice to see a new unicorn around here." said the mint one - Lyra, Tia thought. "Nice to meet you, Tia. I’m Lyra, and this is my best friend and partner in crime, Bon Bon!" She giggled softly, a bright sound that carried through the air. "And I see you've already met Derpy Hooves here." She gently ruffled the grey pegasus' blonde mane.

Tia blinked. "Derpy Hooves? I thought you said your name was Ditzy Doo." She queried, already quite confused. Nicknames she could handle, but that seemed very derogatory to her to just be a nickname. Still, the Pegasus hadn't seemed to mind it much.

Ditzy shrugged and smiled brightly. "They're both kinda my name. I think it's kind of cool! Not everypony gets to have two names!" She laughed heartily, and then blushed a little. "Besides, my daughter Dinky likes to use both names. So I don't mind very much."

Bon Bon rolled her eyes expressively, and smiled kindly to Tia. "Ignore these two crazy ponies. It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Tia. What brings you to Ponyville?" Her voice was soft and kindly, and Tia felt herself warming to the gentle earth pony.

"Um, My teacher sent me here to take over her duties at the Library." Tia fiddled with her hooves, cursing this shyness. Have I truly been so insulated from my ponies that I can't even hold a normal conversation with them? Luna was more right than she knew! She tried to smile again, softly, as the three ponies blinked at her for a moment - then started to comprehend.

"Oh! You mean you're Twilight Sparkle's student?" Lyra exclaimed, her bright gold eyes suddenly shooting open. "Oooooo, you are so luckyyyyy." She drawled out, a sly smile on her face.

Bon Bon nodded sagely, seriously. "I hadn't realized she'd taken on a student so quickly. Still, I suppose it is to be expected." She smiled again - a little more warmly this time. "Well then, how about we walk you to the Library? We'll give you a quick tour of the town too."

Ditzy nodded enthusiastically. "Oh yeah! Since Pinkie's not gonna be around, I suppose we gotta pick up the slack!" She grinned quite happily over this prospect. So happy that she was clapping her hooves together. "We should throw her a party!"

Lyra and Bon Bon both blinked at her, and then each of them gave a soft laugh. "You know, that's not a bad idea." Said Lyra, sneaking next to Tia and gently nudging her. "She looks kinda shy. It'll help if she gets to know Everpony in town. Besides, There ain't no party like a Pinkie Pie kinda party!"

Tia was flabbergasted by all of this attention, and had been having a very hard time getting a word in edgewise. The phrase party quickly solidified everything though. "A p-party? But I won't know anypony there.." Tia couldn't help it. She began to wonder if this was how Twilight had felt upon her arrival to Ponyville. Certainly, these ponies were nice but she was so confused by all of this.

Then, much to Tia's surprise - Ditzy quietly took her hoof and smiled at her. It was a surprising gesture, and Tia began to wonder how this poor pony, with such an obvious disability managed to stay so cheerful. "Well, sure you will! You know me!" She beamed, as though this was some profound piece of wisdom. "And I'll introduce you to Carrot Top! She's super nice! And you know Lyra and Bon Bon too! So that's three ponies already, and you just got into town!"

Tia blinked and considered that for a moment. Well, I may have just met them but... I suppose I do know them now. She smiled a little more at that. Maybe this wasn't going to be so bad after all? "Well... Yes, you're quite right I suppose." She replied as primly as she could.

Lyra giggled softly. "Oh yeah, she's definitely Twilight's student. C'mon, Tia - we gotta help you relax and unwind before you go crazy like Twilight did." She paused, reaching out to tug on Tia's hoof and smiling.

Bon Bon noticed her idea, and grinned, grabbing on Tia's other hoof and tugging it too. "Come on, Tia. There's lots of ponies you can meet!" She grinned slyly. "And they're not all insane like Lyra here! I promise!"

Ditzy giggled brightly and leapt up into the air, flapping her wings a bit before coming down. "Yay! We've got a new friend!" She said, practically glomping poor Tia and sending all four of the ponies tumbling over in a big pile of laughter.

Tia blinked at that word. Friend. Certainly, they were all more than a little odd - but... Friend. That was a word Tia hadn't been able to use in a very long time. Oh yes, dear sister. It seems you were quite right after all. The thought brought tears to her eyes, and she sniffled a little. Moments later, she was plucked from the pile by Ditzy, who wiped them away with a hoof. "You okay, Tia?" She asked in a quiet, gentle voice.

Tia looked up at the wall-eyed pegasus and smiled fully for the first time in days. I wonder what your story is, Ditzy Doo. I wonder how you manage to do this? Well, perhaps she could find out. She found her voice, much stronger and brighter than before. "Oh yes, Ditzy. I think everything is going to be just fine."



~~~~~~~~


To....








Be.....








CONTINUED......

Author's Note:

As if you ponies couldn't have guessed it by now.

an Authors Notes will go up later today, whereupon I shall formally declare this story "Completed."

To all of my wonderful readers, to every single one of you who faved, liked and shared this story, I thank you.

To all of the incredible fans who commented on page after page of my crazy ramblings, I thank you.

Believe me when I say, the best is yet to come.

Stay pony, my friends.