• Published 2nd Feb 2012
  • 567 Views, 6 Comments

Good Luck to You - PotatoManiac



After my dad left me, I had nothing else. Nothing but a light.

  • ...
 6
 567

My Life Until Then

I was a somewhat normal teen, 14 years old. A few months ago, I lived in a two story house, in an amazing neighborhood. Now I lived in a single wide trailer, in a neighborhood filled with other empty, rusted trailers. I was the only person I knew that lived in this neighborhood, except for Jake, a kid from my school. Me and him were not very close friends, even though he is a brony, like me. My mom had passed away three years ago, and my dad was an irresponsible drunk. My dad was only home ten percent of the time. I lived almost alone. Every now and then he would come to pay the bills and give me some money. He never paid the TV bill. The only way I could watch anything is with the computer. Though, the only thing I ever watch was My Little Pony.

I was woken up by my alarm clock, as usual. I got dressed, and walked out the door to the bus stop. Jake was the only person on the bus, as me and him are the first to get on. I sat next to him. He was quiet, like he always is. I only knew of his bronydom because he has a few drawings on his binder. After school, I came home, took a shower, and stayed up the rest of the day on the computer. The next day at school, Jake was a bit more talkative. “Hey, do you know what that light I saw coming from your backyard was?” he asked. “Nopers.” I said. Jake had this weird thing he always did; he would say “Yepers.” for yes, and “Nopers.” for no. I teased him about it sometimes, but didn’t mean anything by it. We both just shrugged and went on with our day.

When I came home, I saw my dad sitting on the couch smoking a cigarette. He looked up to me and said “I give you fifty dollars a week, pay for your precious internet every month, but you probably don’t give one shit.” I gave him a look and asked what he was talking about. “THAT DAMN INTERNET BILL WAS TWICE AS MUCH AS IT USUALLY IS! WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING?” he yelled. I thought about it, and realized that I had been listening to music for three days straight and downloaded a few episodes of My Little Pony. “That’s it! I’m moving from here. You can to shit as well as I can. I have better thing to do at better places.” he said. “How do you think I’m going to get any money?!” I exclaimed, slightly mad at dad. “I could care less. You have a free lunch account at school, use it.” he said as he walked to the door. “Good luck…” He said, then slammed the door, then drove off. I walked into my room. I turned on the computer, only to see that the internet was turn off, probably never to be turned back on again. I was too mad to do anything else, so I fell onto the bed and drifted off to sleep.