• Published 14th Mar 2013
  • 980 Views, 12 Comments

Escape From Rainbow Factory - Flare Flicker24



A Young colt...trapped in the Rainbow Factory. Can he escape...

  • ...
19
 12
 980

Escape From the Rainbow Factory

Escape From the Rainbow Factory

I awoke, a pounding in my head. The last this I remember was smashing into the final ring on the course head first. After that was nothing but darkness. I peered around me, unsure of my environment. This was indeed not Cloudsdale, the walls were made of dark hard iron, not the fluffy clouds that made up the rest of the city. My vision started to clear, and I noticed giant vats of what seemed to be color. The atmosphere made me shiver. There were other fillies and colts standing around me, looking scared. Some were even crying. Then, a pony in a dark suit walked through the doors on to a giant rafter, overlooking us all. They started to speak.

"Hello everypony!" she announced. I could tell she was a mare by her, almost familiar voice. "I am proud to say you have been chosen for an important job, the job of RAINBOW MAKING!"

Rainbow making? I thought, That is only for the highest level pegasi to do. What does she mean we are going to help. My question was quickly, and horrifyingly answered. "You are all going to be made into rainbows."

Everyone laughed. Everyone, except me. I was horrified. I knew about this place. I was inside the Rainbow Factory!
"EVERYONE SHUT UP!" she yelled, "Honestly, do you really think this is a joke!" Everyone was silent. I noticed out of the corner of my eye one of my friends. His name was Cloud Chaser. He was grey with a white and blue mane. Usually really quiet, he was the one to speak up.

"Hey bitch! You better get us the hell out of here or im calling the Cloudsdale police!"

"Listen to me you little runt!" She flew down to us as she said this and stared into his eyes. "No one mouths off to me! Especially little fillies who FAILED their flight test! I will show you what happens when you mouth off to me, or any of the other gaurds here!" And with that she swung around and bucked him right in the mouth, sending him flying to the other end of the room.

"HEY!" I shouted, "No one hurts my friend!" I charge her with all my strength. Then out of nowhere, two guards with tasers come out and shock me to the ground. The whole world went black once again.

When I awoke, I was in a cell. My first thought was what happened to Cloud Chaser. The mare from the other room entered and peered at me through the bars.

"Well, you are a feisty one aren't you." She announced, "I dont see how you could have ever failed your flight test." She was mocking me, I could tell.

"Listen here you little BITCH!" I shout, "I dont know who you are, or what your plans are for me, but i will find a way out of here, and when i do, i will find you, and i will shove my hoof SO FAR UP YOUR ASS YOU CAN-" She cut me off.

"Language child! Is that any way to act around a lady. Oh trust me, you know me very well." And that is when she pulled down her hood and showed her flowing rainbow colored mane. I was dumbfounded! The mare I adored most, was this horrid monster working in this murder house!

"How could you." I murmured. "HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO INNOCENT PONIES! I ADORED YOU! I wanted to be just like you! Fly as fast, be as cool! But now, I can see you are nothing but a monster." She huffed and left the room, pulsing with anger. I had to find a way out, and now was my chance. I noticed that my cell, was actually a storage area, with a grate on the floor. I lifted the grate, slowly and carefully as not to make any noise. Then I flew down it, dodging pipes and wires as a flew. I noticed a light coming from one grate, and without thinking I burst through it. Big mistake! I was back in the main room, and Rainbow Dash was right there!

"YOU!" she shouted, "HOW THE FUCK DID YOU ESCAPE!"

I burst past her, nearly missing the tasers. I made sure to kick her in the face as I flew by. I was just at the door when I heard my name called.

"FLARE!" it was Cloud Chaser. He was hooked up into the device. NO! I thought. It was to late, his body was crushed in the machine, and mixed with the blood was the vibrant hues of the rainbow. I felt nauseous as I watched his crushed body fall to the ground, only to be carried away and thrown into the incinerator. I will get my revenge. I will tell Celestia to blow up this horrible factory.

I burst through the door, only to be surrounded by guards. Rainbow Dash screamed behind me. "FORGET ABOUT CAPTURING HIM! JUST KILL HIM!" And that was my cue to run. I weaved through the tasers and ducked the machinery. I could see a door with light flowing through it. Yes! This is my escape! I can finally leave this wretched place! But my thoughts were interrupted. I saw the pipe coming right for me. It was flight school all over again.

When I awoke, I was chained to the ceiling, and above me, a grinder! I was now hooked up to the machine. Rainbow Dash walked in with a smug look on her face, Like she accomplished the biggest achievement in her life. I just glared at her, not speaking. "Hello Flare." she said in a false kind voice.

"Dont you fucking call me that! Only my friends call me that." I spat.

"Oh but Flare, I thought we were friends?"

"I said DONT CALL ME THAT!" I kicked her right in her smug little face.

"OW! YOU LITTLE FUCKER!" she shouted, "CHAIN HIS LEGS AND PREPARE THE GRINDER!"

Two guard ponies came over and chained my legs. "You know Flare, it didnt have to come to this, it could have been painless. I dont usually do this, only to the smallest, weakest fillies. They dont have enough Spectra in them. So you need to break the ribs first!"

The chains began to twist opposite directions, I could hear my ribs crack, one by one. I screamed in pain, I could see one of my ribs sticking out of me. I flapped as hard as I could, I tried to escape, but it was no use, I was trapped. Then I thought of the poor fillies and colts who died here, and my determination to shut this place down. I flapped and flapped and flapped! I could hear the chains breaking. Then they snapped! I was free! I couldn't feel any pain in my ribs, my rage was distracting me from it. I bucked the two guards and jumped off of Rainbow Dash's face, giving her another black eye.

When out of Rainbow and the guards sight, and the adrenaline stopped pumping, the pain in my ribs returned. I buckled over in air and crashed on the concrete, increasing the pain. I decided to walk the rest of the way and fly only when necessary.

As I walked through the facility, I actually had a chance to look around. The walls were black iron, vats of Spectra filled the areas where nopony walked, I painfully flew onto the rafters, knowing the way out was there. I continued to walk down the corridor.

A few feet of painful walking brought me to the employee dressing rooms. I snuck in carefully, not to arouse suspicion. Where is everypony? I asked my self. I looked in one of the lockers and found a uniform, like Rainbow Dash's. I put that on, careful not to hit any broken ribs. Once on I exited the changing rooms and continued toward the exit.

I trotted faster, I wanted OUT of here! I couldn't take it anymore. Then suddenly, a shout came from behind me, and angry one.

"GET BACK HERE YOU LITTLE FAGGOT AND COME GET IN THIS FUCKING MACHINE!" She was pissed, and she was on a rampage. How did she know it was me?I thought. I had to fly, no matter how much it hurt. I flew as fast as I could, blood draining fast. My vision was getting blurry. I had no energy left in me. How would i make it out alive! I was now just trying to out maneuver Rainbow Dash, not caring where i was going. I had lost the exit all together, which didn't make it easier to escape with my blood draining fast.

I swerved and curved but Rainbow Dash was just too fast. Either that, or I was slowing. I hoped I wasn't slowing. After about an hour of this mad chase scene, I did the unexpected, I whipped around and slammed Rainbow Dash right on her back. I ripped a pipe off the wall and charged her. She bucked me right in my no longer existent ribs, increasing the pain by one thousand. I was sprawled on the metal ground. I couldn't breathe. My blood was draining fast and my vision was getting blurrier. She was advancing on me. I took the rusty pipe beside me in my mouth, and with all the power I had left, swung it towards Rainbow Dash, decapitating her instantly. I stood over her bleeding body, blood splattered, no remorse, no feelings.

I wandered the facility dazed,my vision blurry, my blood draining from my body. That's when I saw it. The exit. I slowly walked toward the door, swaying back and forth as my vision receded. I opened the door to the outside. I was free. I am free. No one can take away this freedom. Not even Death himself. That is when I collapsed, my blood soaking the cloud on which I lay. Half dead I lay, awaiting the hands of Death to clasp me and take me away.

When I awoke, I was in the Ponyville Hospital. I wasn't dead. Either that, or I was in heaven. My friends surround me, all of them, except Cloud Chaser. I begin to cry. He was my best friend, out of all of them, and now hes dead. And now, I know for certain it wasn't a dream. Yet I am happy to be alive, no one can reverse what happened to the other ponies in that horrid place. For now, I am going to relax and rest my ribs, then report to the Princess about the goings on at that factory. Just one problem, I don't remember anything that happened while I was there. Perhaps, it was just a dream, and Cloud Chaser never really existed. But that would mean my whole life was a dream, a lie. I guess I will never know.

THE END?

Comments ( 12 )

:ajbemused:
No.
Just, no.

2263495

omg author u r my fav brony frend XDDDD (\ le 20% cooler <3 u bb 5eva

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

R-Rainbow Factory...?

I should advise you as a writer on this site for fanfiction that stories concerning the "Rainbow Factory" as it is called receive much more hate than others simply for being involved with that universe. May I suggest thinking of your own unique story with colorful characters and loads of adventure in a new world? Anything besides the bland, cliche and absolutely fucking terrible rainbow factory would be a nice breath of fresh air for this community and something interesting for you to write.

*before reading*

This will be awesome.

*after reading*

So super sexily awesome.

Comment posted by Private Riften Guard deleted Mar 14th, 2013

Rainbow Factory story?

Comment posted by IAmAStegosaurus deleted Mar 14th, 2013

Thanks for the feedback. This is probably going to be my only Rainbow Factory fanfic, i just had this idea in my head for so long and didnt want to lose it. I understand the Rainbow Factory setting may be overused, but i tried my best. This was my very first fan fiction, so i am looking for ANY feedback, positive or negative. Thank you.

2265512

I had lost the exit all together, which didn't make it easier to escape with my blood draining fast.

I flew as fast as I could, blood draining fast

I swerved and curved but Rainbow Dash was just too fast

you overused the word fast
you can use other words like quickly or swiftly
good story though:pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiesmile::pinkiesmile::pinkiesmile:

It was good except that killing rainbow dash was a bit to fast I was thinking of knocking her out or something like that but the story is your handiwork so I shouldn't be insulting it




~GoodSquidMC

YAY THIS STORY WAS AWESOME!!!!! :twilightsheepish::twilightsmile::ajsmug::yay::pinkiehappy::pinkiesmile::pinkiecrazy:

This was a bit rushed, but otherwise good enough for me to upvote it.

Login or register to comment