• Published 23rd Mar 2013
  • 704 Views, 5 Comments

The hard knock life of a Princess - deleted account DNB



With Twilight now being a full on princess she has to grasp the new responsibilities she has been given with. She now has to balance these duties with her friends back in Ponyville . At first she is ok with the balancing this but sooner or later she

  • ...
 5
 704

Chapter 3

"Alright every-pony are you ready to walk that catwalk tonight!," Rarity said with her hoof raised in the air.

The models all cheered and danced around for a bit. I was standing next to Rarity wearing a new gown she made for me as a coronation present. It was a dark hot pink color with a back that went down to the floor. Also, it had a gold trim at the bottom.

Suddenly Spike rushed in and whispered something in Rarity's ear. After she got the news her face looked very worried.

"Hey, is everything alright Rarity? You seem a bit tense," I said to her.

"One of models has caught the pony pox and she won't be able to come tonight! Of all the things that could of gone wrong THIS IS THE WORST!," She said freaking out and then crying on the floor.

"Don't be sad Rarity, Twilight can fill in for her," Spike said without even consulting me first.

She quickly smiled and ran over and said this while she hugged me, "Oh, thank you! Thank you Twilight!"

She quickly grabbed me into her work room.

"Now It will just take me a minute to modify this gown to support your wings. Please darling can you take off that dress," she said when modifying the gown with wing holes.

I quickly went out of the room and grabbed Spike to talk with him in Rarity's kitchen.

"Spike! Why did you volunteer me without even asking me!," I screamed to the dragon.

Spike was sweating and replied, "Why not. I mean she needed the model and I thought you Twilight would be the great. I mean since you’re a princess, it would give a lot of publicity to Rarity's shop."

I quickly used my magic to literally zip his mouth shut.

"That's the reason why I shouldn't be the model. If the princess finds out that I participated in something without her knowing she will punish me!."

"Oh," said Spike.

He quickly ran out of room and told Rarity the news. Then, she quickly ran down stairs and then stopped. She started to sob on the floor.

Rarity said sobbing," Why? How could you do this to me Twilight. I mean I really need you now and I already finished the gown and I don't have enough time to cover the wing holes! You need to wear this dress! Please!"

I felt really sad for her. The princess will understand she just has too. I mean it counter acts my friendship lesson I've learned, so she will understand.

I quickly then walked up to her and said ,"I'll do it."

"You will! Oh yes! Now quickly put this on," she said then giving me the modified dress.

After I changed I went downstairs to where the other models were. They all bowed to me as I passed them. Then Rarity pointed us to the backstage area of the stage. I was the last model to go. After a quick peek of the crowd I saw all of my friends sitting in the front row.

"Your highness!," yelled a royal guard who entered the area.

I said, "Yes."

He replied ,"Princess Celestia has requested your presence back in Canterlot. You must come with me at once. "

"But what about the show. I am in it. Can't it wait till after."

"I am afraid not. This is a urgent meeting about your future, and please come with me."

After our talk be levitated me into my chariot, and they flew me back to Canterlot. But while they were distracted I jumped out and flew back down to fashion show. My friends are always there for me, and I must do the same.

"Rarity are you alright?," I asked.

She turned around, and quickly squeezed me to death.

"I thought that you left, but now your back! Oh, my gosh you have to get in line quickly!," Rarity said in excitement.

She pushed me to the end of the line behind the other ten models. One by one they did their poses, and before I new it I had to go out. I was nervous to go out, yet Rarity's smile made it all worth it. If I had learned anything from my friends was to be their for those you care about, and that's what I am going to do. I walked down the runway at a slower pace. As I walked closer to the end, the more the ponies' cheered. At the end I flew high and dip twirl. The crowd went crazy for it, and as I landed the other models came out. Rarity grabbed the mike as soon as the models were out on the catwalk.

"Thank you every-pony for coming to Diamonds of Rarity fashion show! I personally thank all of the wonderful models for their contribution. But I would especially want to thank my friend Twilight for stepping in for a sick model at the last minute. Let's hear it for Twilight Sparkle!," Rarity announced to the crowd.

The crowd started to chat my name as I exited the catwalk. Then my four other friends came in and gave me a big hug.

"Sorry girls, I have to go. The princess has requested me back at the castle. I know it's hard to see me go, but I promise to make time for you. Goodbye," I said.

I teleported out of room without saying goodbye. I felt bad, but the worst thing in the world is making Princess Celestia mad! My wings flapped as hard as ever to get back to Canterlot as fast as I could. Out of now where I saw Princess Luna appear before me! She teleported me back to the castle in Princess Celestia's private quarters. I've only been their once when I graduated magic kindergarten.

"Hello," said a voice.

I quickly realized it was my teacher, and she didn't look too happy with me.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the delay in the update. Been busy. Hope you enjoy it. Remember all constructive critisim is to be sent to me in a PM. Thanks.