• Published 23rd Mar 2013
  • 704 Views, 5 Comments

The hard knock life of a Princess - deleted account DNB



With Twilight now being a full on princess she has to grasp the new responsibilities she has been given with. She now has to balance these duties with her friends back in Ponyville . At first she is ok with the balancing this but sooner or later she

  • ...
 5
 704

Chapter 1


"Dear Diary, this is Twilight. I'm sure you've noticed my new pair of wings and crown. Well I'm a princess! I am not in the library like I usually am because I now am living in Canterlot in my own wing! I miss Spike, and my friends back in Ponyville. I wonder about the elements which I trusted to Spike, and who will organize, dust, and read all of wonderful books back at the library."

I suddenly heard a knock at the door. When I opened it I saw my brother and Cadance.

" Hi Twilight we just wanted to see your new place and it's so you. I guess you haven't changed a bit since the old days," Cadance said and then we did our sunshine dance.

We laughed and then they sat down on the chairs.

"Listen, little sister you have many responsibilities now that you are a princess. You can't just waste your days doing whatever you want you have to do what's best for Equestria. You probably don't know where to start so Cadence is going to give you this ," Shining Armor ranted and held up a book.

I levitated the book over to me and read," How To Be A Proper Princess Manual! The proper instructions and tips to new princess written by Princess Celestia. Princess Celestia wrote this."

Cadence nodded and said," Yes, she wrote this book just for me when I was about your age. It came in handy when I needed to know something, and its now yours. Well it's been fun but we have to get some sleep so good night Twilight."

The couple left the room. I walked outside and stared at the stars wondering about the future. How am I going to do these duties but still make time for my friends.

"Hello Twilight Sparkle," Luna said, and I screamed.

"Sorry Luna, you scared me. What are you doing here shouldn't you be patrolling the night?," I asked.

She replied," Yes, but I wanted to talk to you before I headed out."

I asked," Talk to me about what?"

She took her hoof and pointed to my crown.

Luna explained," Being a princess has many perks but many responsibilities. Such me and my sister have to raise the sun and the moon each day. Cadence having to watch over the Crystal Empire, and your older brother making sure all of Canterlot is safe. Now I'm here to explain what your duty is. You represent the element of magic do you not."

I nodded and she continued," Well, magic technically not what the element is it’s another term for it you see."

"Then what is the element of magic supposed to be?," I asked her.

Luna used her magic to make a new constellation appear that spelled the word friendship!

"Yes, friendship. The same thing my sister sent you to learn about just about one year ago. You were the one to finish Star Swirl's spell because you use magic for what it is truly used for: the support of friends. When I came to the Nightmare Night festival you showed me how to have fun and make friends with my subjects. And most importantly that me raising the moon is using my magic to support my friends, my subjects. What I'm trying to say is that your responsibilities is to show our subjects friendship something you know all too well. I must be off it was nice talking to you," Luna said then she disappeared.

Well that was interesting, but she's right I have to support my people. The challenge is to balance my new life with my friends back in Ponyville. I miss them so much. After the Luna encounter I decided to fly back to the library to check on Spike.


"Spike! Spike! It's me Twilight!," I yelled.

I then said, "Where is he?"

"I'm up here," he said then I walked up the stairs and saw my friends in my room!

"Howdy princess! This isn't what it looks like," AJ said.

"We were just worried about Spike being all alone so we decided to be with him for the night," Rainbow Dash said.

"Your not mad are you?," Fluttershy asked.

"No, why would I be mad. I mean it's technically not my house anymore considering I have my own wing at the castle, but I thank you for looking out for Spike. I just wanted to take the elements of harmony back with me you know for safe keeping," I said.

"Oh, there on the top shelf. I put them up there for safety," Spike said as he took the case down and gave it to me.

"Before you go Twilight we all have been meaning to ask you something," AJ said.

"Come on ask," I said.

"Are you going to still be visiting us?," They all asked.

I was shocked by their answer and quickly replied, "Of course, don't let these wings and crown change our friendship. You know what I'll ask Princess Celestia if I could move back here in Ponyville. But I think I'll stay here tonight. Good night."

They all went back to their respective homes and Spike went to his bed.


A beam if light shown through the window. I thought it was morning but it was the royal guards. I went outside to see what they wanted.

The six guards kneeled and the first one said, "Your majesty, we have been looking all over Equestria looking for you. You can't just go anywhere you want without telling us where you are going. Now let us escort you back to the castle."

I replied, "Oh, right let me just grab something real quick. I will be right back."

I closed the door and wrote a note to Spike. With the elements safe they flew me back to Canterlot in my royal chariot. I went in my room and I placed my head on the pillow and dozed off into sleep again.

Author's Note:

If anyone was constructive critacism please send me a private messege. I'm always looking for ways to improve my writing. You can still coment and ask me questions in the commenets.Chapter 2 will be realased on April 1st.