• Published 2nd Mar 2013
  • 1,422 Views, 42 Comments

Maybe I... - Fat1thatyoulove



Part 19 to the Maybe series Follow the main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess, and its affects.

  • ...
3
 42
 1,422

Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Never over think

You open your eyes slowly as the morning sun hits your eyes from the window. You feel a warm stream on your face from where a tear has rolled; the feelings that are now flowing into your still sleepy body are starting to overcome you. You bring your hooves to your eyes as you rub them, as you rub you think to yourself, it was a dream... that's all it was.

You give a slow exhale as you try to forget your nightmare.You bring your hooves from your face your vision of the window is blocked by a cyan wall of fur, “R-Rainbow?”

She begins her head down to your face as she talks in a loudish voice, “What the hay are you doing? I have been outside yelling don’t forget to get up, for like the last hour!”

You stare at her, “How did you get in here?.

Rainbow rips the covers from you as she talks in her normal proud tomboyish voice, “Duh, I cam in the window?”

You smile as you think, note to self, Rainbow Dash breaks into house while you sleep.

She nudges you from the bed as she continues, “Now get up everypony is waiting outside.”

You look back to her as you talk, “Everypony?”

She stares at the unmade bed, “Ya, we have all been waiting for you outside.” She looks back to you, “Did you sleep ok?”

You shrug at her comment, “Not really.”

Her eyes lighten as she talks, “Listen, Twilight’s fine she just had a bad spell, alright?”

You bring your head away from her as you talk, “ya.”

She walks next to you now as she talks,“Twilight should be up by now, so lets go.” She pushes you to the stairs as she talks.

You stop at her comment and shake the dream from your head one last time before following her outside.

As you walk outside everypony stares at you for a silent moment. The silents doesn't last long as Pinkie is the first to spring into a talking mood, “Oh my Gosh! Whenweheardwhathappendyesterdaywewhereall! AHHHH! butnowweareall. Twilight?! And how are you are you ok?” She grabs hold of you in a tight hug as she waits for a response. “Because Spikehadtroublesleepinglastnightanditwouldbereallybadifyouahdthesameproblem.”

You try to speak in her grip as you push away from her, “I’m okay.”

Applejack holds Pinke back as she tries to grab at you again, “Pinkie, he don’t need ya breaking his ribs in a hug you know.” She looks to you as talks now, “Mind telling us what happen? Rainbow just kind of swooped me out of bed saying Twilight was hurt.”

Fluttershy, Applejack and Pinkie all stare at you anxiously awaiting an explanation. You stammer as you try to talk, “Um, well Twilight...” Your stammering is brought to an end as Rainbow talks for you. “We woke up the Usar Minor and Twilight over did herself with a spell and got a little tired. Now lets go, we don’t need to ask him questions when we can see Twilight.”

Pinkie burst out as Rainbow motions to start moving, “Did Twilight's horn fall off?!”

You stop as you stare at her, can that happen?

Spike brings his claws up to his mouth as he talks in a low voice, “Ca-can that happen?”

Rarity stands beside him and places a hoof on the small purple dragon, “No she’s fine.” She motions to Rainbow as she comforts Spike.

Rainbow push Pinkie down the road as she whispers to her, “Cut it out Pinkie, Spike didn’t get any sleep tonight.”

You follow the group in silents as you push everything negative out of your mind. You give a low exhale as you try harder and harder not to think about your dream or any other though you have had over the past few weeks. Your mind is set alittle on ease as Pinkie slows down to walk next to you.

Surprisingly she is not as hyper as she was a few moments ago and you can actually understand her this time, “Sorry if I scared you, I just have to blurt out any thought. It helps clear my mind.” She smiles widely as she waits for your approval.

You nod you head as you continue walking.

She hoofs to the satchel draped across her, “Twilight said she enjoyed the cupcakes so I made her a fresh batch. Want to try one?”
You shake your head but before you could say no you feel a warm cupcake being stuffed into your mouth.

Pinkie smiles as she walks back to the from of the group, “They’re bite size so you won't choke!”

You chew on it for a few seconds before swallowing it. Oh man, I am hungry...did I even eat yesterday? Your stomach now starts arguing against you as you feel mind stressed with the suppressed hunger of yesterday boiling up to give you a headache...thanks a lot Pinkie.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the hospital comes into view you feel your mind battle starting to become a lost cause, you bit at your lip nervously. You pick up speed with your heart pounding as you take to the head of the group, you almost fly to the door at the speed you just galloped in.

But as you reach for the door you freeze completely, like as if there was a barrier holding you back from opening the door. Which giving the fact there is magic is not impossible. But you know the reason, you feel queasy as you place your hoof on the door. Your body is silently fighting your actions as you push against the door, to you this door means more than a piece of wood between the outside and the inside.

This piece of wood is now the real weight of all of your nightmares and all of your worries rolled into one dull piece of dumb wood...and you know beyond this wood frame will only be sweet relief...or the combinations of all of your fears from the past weeks.

You wait for a moment at the door for the others to catch up, your heart pumps and your ears warm as you push against the door. Your mind holds an uneasy feeling as you walk to the reception desk, your voice is a bit shaky as you talk to the white pony from yesterday, “I-is Twilight Sparkle...up?”

The pony looks down at some papers before smiling, “Yes, she woke up a few hours ago.”

Your face cools and your heart steadys from your chest as the white pony walks from the desk and motions to follow her down a hallway.

Everypony behind you gives a slight sigh as they follow behind you.

The wall is not long as the nurse stops outside of a room, “The doctor will be here shortly to decide on releasing her.”

You nod your head as she walks away.

This time you feel light as you place your hoof to the door with a smile and open it, “Twilight?”
You stare at the bed in the middle of the room, from the brownish colors sheet you can see her purple hair poking out from it. Again you call her name a little more quietly, “Twilight?”

You watch as the hair turns away from you and her face now looks at you, her eyes have their soft purple sparkling color, she smiles lightly as she talks in a sleepy voice, “Good morning.”

End of chapter 2