• Published 5th Mar 2013
  • 1,183 Views, 37 Comments

Filly Angel(Hell's Angel Sequel) - Resurgent Wanderer



Sequel to Hell's Angel. Upon her return to Equestria, Scootaloo finds herself once more in the throes of combat, this time to keep her family safe, not just herself.

  • ...
5
 37
 1,183

Chapter 2 (Let's Go Clubbing)

"So, two great warriors, dignitaries to a foreign nation come to forge peace, and those tha' would search out a long lost family member?"

Nodding, Scootaloo slipped into a simple yet elegant steel grey dress that Rarity had made for her.

"Abou' tae go ou' fer a night on the town."

Having some issues, Scootaloo got tangled up in one of the straps, but nodded again.

"Even when a nation could potentially fall in the process?"

Shrugging Scootaloo gave her reasoning.
"At this point, message would have reached the ear of their leader, who mom is apparently working with. They know we're coming, yet not where we stand. They will not make moves until our intent is made clear, or at least the UNSC wouldn't. I'm kinda going off of them."

"Ah see." smirked Faolan. He got it. To be honest, he'd have done the exact same thing in their shoes too. Right now though, he'd settle for helping Scootaloo sort out her dress. Once Scootaloo was properly fitted inside her garment she turned and waggled her hips.

"Doesn't make me look fat or anything, does it?"


As Faolan laughed at the girlish action he slid into his own clothes, his dress Alphas, and prepared himself.
"You look gorgeous, now, shall we go fetch our companion from her room?"

~~~~~~~

Rainbow Dash stood ready, her wings flared for balance, two wooden batons held loosely in her hooves. Her rose hued eyes remained closed as a score of gryphons stood around her. She opened her eyes once, admiring the room that was made solely of enchanted reflective glass. No matter where you were, there was a reflection of you. It reminded her that no matter what you did, somewhere there was a consequence to your actions, and it meant she'd never miss her own consequences.

Gilda came out to her and secured a strip of clothes around Rainbow's eyes. The pegasus' ears twitched as she heard Gilda exit the room, then nodded, her face set with determination.
"Sound off!"

Each gryphon stomped once and Rainbow readied herself.

~~~~~~~

As Scootaloo and Faolan made their way towards Black Raven's room, the man couldn't help but notice the bounce in his fillyfriend's step, or the wide smile on her face. He also noticed that it seemed a bit infectious, he himself beginning to grin broadly.

"Ah see someone's happy."

Hopping up for a moment Scootaloo placed a light kiss on the man's cheek before fluttering back down to the ground. In fact, she realized she hadn't been this happy in years.
"Think about it. We don't have ONI or the marines to worry about. Not the Princesses and their fear and refusal of letting us out of the castle. We are, for the first time in forever, to do exactly as we please. I'm mean, I really want to find my mom, but either she'll come to us, or we'll be brought to her eventually. The fact of the matter is we can finally choose what we want to do, when we want to do it, and....well...exactly who we want to do it with."
Scootaloo finished with a flick of her tail.

Faolan felt a rush of heat to his cheeks as the implications of the words hit him.
"And have we discerned exactly how we break such news to your mother?"

"Do we honestly give a shit? If anything she'll be happy that you have kept safe and that you mean so much to me. In the meantime though, why don't we just go out and enjoy the night, okay?" asked the mare as she leaned against Faolan with a playful pout.

With a joking shove from her boyfriend, Scootaloo found herself tripping towards Black Raven's door just as it opened. The mare bumped right into the gryphoness, currently garbed in a neon green set of faux leather boots and a plaid mini skirt and chains hanging off.

"Totally ready to party, how about you guys? Are you ready, like, dudes, by far one of the most popular and well know nightclubs! Also I sent a message ahead so they completely know they'll be playing host to you two as dignitaries and such so you wouldn't be bothered and stuff. Isn't that great!?" droned the gryphoness.

The trio made their way to the entry hall and exited the building quickly. As they left, even Faolan felt as if there was a static current in the air. Casting his gaze forward he smiled widely as Scootaloo moved about, taking in the foreign scenery she hadn't bothered to see, and noticing the neon lights that flashed and strobed everywhere.
'It really is as if fate has let us pick our own path...'
Laughing, the man lunged forward and poked Scootaloo on the nose.
"Boop!"
Laughing, she dove after him.

It was going to be a great night.

~~~~~~~

Ear's twitching to the right, Rainbow Dash dodged forward, spinning to her right and swinging a baton at level to her chest. She was satisfied by the sound of wood striking the hardened foreleg of a gryphon. Through the air her feathers detected subtle vibrations giving her an instinctual warning of a solid mass approaching from behind her. Ducking, she hissed as a wooden sword clipped the tip of her ear. The hiss became a growl of annoyance as Rainbow kicked out and slammed a kick home in the gryphon's stomach.

~~~~~~~

Both silently thanked the gods that neither of them were epileptics as they followed their diminutive gryphoness guide into the club. Their eyes dilated rapidly, attempting desperately to cope with the multicoloured flashing lights on the room as sound waves slammed against them like a tsunami. The reverberations shook them to their cores and reminded them of the battle field explosions, the lights as if muzzle flash rippled across their vision.

Faolan and Scootaloo grinned wildly. This felt right! Laughing, the mare pulled Faolan further into the the club and towards the bar.
"You like Guinneighs? From what I understand, gryphons sell it warm, like you said the Scottish do."

"Alrigh' then, Ah'm all down for the bar then!" roared Faolan as he followed his mare towards the bar.

Seating them selves at the bar, the pair drew many an odd look, some angry and disgruntled, others wary and scared. It was about that time a well dressed Minotaur stepped out from the back room and took note of them.
"Ah, the delegates I was told of from that yappity guard. I do hope you're enjoying my fine establishment. So, how may I help you?"

Scootaloo nodded to the Guinneighs emblem on the wall.
"Nice so far, granted we literally just got here."

"Mmm, well feel free to dance, drink, and have an all around good time, just uh..." the Minotaur trailed off, eyeing Scootaloo specifically.

"Don't cause trouble, since I am equine?"

"More or less yeah. Not that I mind you, but these gryphons're all riled up about 'em." shrugged the Minotaur. "Name's O'Grady by the way. So, I take it you want you Guinneighs like all Equestrians, ice c-"

"Warm, mate. Ah don' drink it if it isnae room temperature." Faolan interjected, "An' neither does she. Through an' through pub goers the both of us."

Laughing loudly the Minotaur poured two room temp. glasses of Gunneighs and handed them to.

For the most part things had gone well. Good drink and the music kept the pair content for the next hour or so.

~~~~~~~

Grimacing from what she knew would be a nasty welt come morning, Rainbow pressed tenderly at her side to check for a cracked rib. Satisfied that she had found now, her ears went back to full attention scanning for the slightest hint of-

*Sss-Crack*

"Twenty, upper left side back. Severed wing and possibly pierced heart. Dead." the blind folded pony droned. Rainbow dropped both her batons and then dropped to all fours. With a quick tug at the blindfold Rainbow's vision was filled with the blurry forms of twenty subdued gryphons and on blue blur in the middle. Turning, she looked clearly at the bruise already forming at her side before moving within seven hooves of the wall and circling it until she found the door.

~~~~~~~

As Faolan and Scootaloo enjoyed their drinks they paid no heed to the group of gryphons that encircled them. They truly weren't bothered, as Scootaloo was the size of a small gryphon and Faolan the size of an alicorn. Luckily the group left them alone to finish their drinks and then order new ones and finish them as well before speaking up.

"So...what does a pony, a mare no less, think she's doing in gryphon territory?" growled the leader, an almost ginger gryphoness with a collar that read 'Tiny Tina' on it.

Raising her glass and taking a swig, Scootaloo turned to the gryphoness with a smile.
"Drinking and enjoying the night, how about you?"

'Tiny Tina' watched in disbelief as the pony flippantly ignored her and turned back to her drink. Growling, she reached forward to grab the mare's shoulder but was stopped when Faoaln griped her wrist with a hand.

""ow tough are ye tha' you would pick a figh' with two soldier dignitaries?"

The gryphoness froze.
"You two are the dignitaries here? Well shit, we're the band for tonight, I apologize, didn't realize. How's this, Judas!"
The Minotaur turned their way.
"Drinks for these two on me for the night! Well, you two have fun, we're actually about to go set up for our gig, catch ya on the flipside!"

Scootaloo nodded in mutual respect as the band headed towards the stage.
"That was nice, so what's the plan?"

Grinning wickedly Faolan downed his beer and ordered another.
"Abuse the fuck out o' her offer tae cover our drinks, tha' an' go see if they're any good..."

Laughing Scootaloo leaned over and planted a kiss on Faolan's lips before hopping off the stool and heading towards the crowded stage.

~~~~~~~

Sitting on the far side of the room from the door, Rainbow worked on honing the bladed edges of her short scythes. Each one was made big enough to fit a hoof, with a hoof long blade arching from the top. As she did so her ears twitched, hearing the door to the room open.

Looking up, the mare stared at the movement registering in her vision up until Gilda was but six or seven hooves away.
"Hey G, how's it going?"

"Good," the gryphoness smiled as she drew closer, wrapping a large wing around her cyan companion, "How're the eyes?"

Sighing, Rainbow placed her weapons on the ground and slammed a hoof into the wall. Her vision, it was always her damned vision. Everything else was fine, but her eyes.
"My radius has dropped to just over five hooves. If you remember it was at ten three days ago. It's just that...I'm supposed to be the fastest flier, and I am the fastest flier. I guess pegasi bodies aren't meant to handle Mach speeds so often, and with my face leading, eyes unprotected...."

Nodding Gilda kissed Dash lightly on the neck.
"You still are the fastest flier, and you can take on twenty soldier with out your sight at all. That's definitely cooler than anything else I've ever seen."

Dash moved to kiss Gilda back when she suddenly pushed the gryphoness back wards and an arc of light slammed into the ground before them.

~~~~~~~

The light's arced all around as 'Tiny Tina' introduced the band and they started up. It wasn't much more than a tune to start getting the beat thumping and the crowd cheering. Faolan and Scootaloo nodded to the rythm. The song started up...

....just as a fist flew-


-into the space where the strange glowing blade came from. Gilda grimaced as her claw struck metal, and a cloaking field around their assailer dropped, revealing a large hinge jawed monster. Rainbow grabbed her twin hoof scythes and quickly clenched her eyes do that her failing vision wouldn't distract her. Listening to the hiss of the glowing blade, Dash brought up her-

-knife and blocked the incoming bottle while spinning deftly and driving a rear hoof into the thugs beak, cracking it loudly. Faolan reached out and grabbed two thugs head and smashed them together before driving a booted foot into a third's throat. Hefting a bar stool, the man swung it, smashing-

-the hilt of the sword into the left side of the monsters face, Gilda tore at its exposed eye, ruining the orb. With a cry of a warrior she drove the blade of the sword into the monsters neck.
"Yeah, who else wants some!?"
As an answer-

-five more thugs charged the pair. Faolan plowed right into three of them while Scootaloo vaulted over his back. The mare slammed a terrifying round house kick to the temple of one gryphon before-

-leaping side ways and slamming a scythe home in one monster's neck. When it dropped, Rainbow fell with it and-

-slammed their head repeatedly into the ground angrily. They were sick of it, the things that attacked because they were bigger and uglier than they were. This continued until there was a tug at her shoulder.

"You got it, Dash, we're safe."
"You got 'im Scoots, we're done."

~~~~~~~

Gilda and Rainbow moved towards the balcony and looked out upon the city of Maliwan. Large purplish objects hung in the air and there were fires all across the city. Moving back into the room Rainbow tripped over something and lifted it up. It didn't have much in the way of words, but held two images of two different characters, both mark with the letters UNSC. One appeared to by a odd looking monkey, the other...

"Gilda, we're going to Hyperion!"

The gryphoness shook her head.
"Maliwan needs our aid and leadership, Dash."

"No!" Rainbow Dash snapped loudly, "My daughter fucking needs me, Scootaloo is alive G, Scootaloo is alive!

A hardened determination filled the Warlady's visage as she lifted her sword.
"We gather the soldiers left in the War House, then we move to Hyperion. Don't worry Dash, I'll make sure you don't lose her again!"

~~~~~~~

The two Spartans were breathing heavily as the song finished and the thugs lay unconscious around them. No one in the room moved or made a noise as Scootaloo and Faolan stared at each other. Leaning towards each other the two kissed quickly and busted out laughing, breaking the tension for everyone.

"Tha' was a pub brawl iffen Ah've ever been in one. O'Grady, fill us up a pair o' glasses, lord knows we could use 'em!"

The crowd all busted out laughing and the band started back up as Scootaloo led Faolan back to the counter and took a nearby passed out gryphon's cold beverage and held it to a newly forming bruise on Faolan's head.
"So, what do you think that was all about?"

Taking on a grave visage Faolan was quick to answer.
"Ah don' know exactly 'ow tae break this to ye, but yer a pony, Scooty."

Getting the reference from one of the old vids Fireteam Raven had watched once, Scootaloo clacked the cool glass on the sore spot on Faolan's head.

"But yer mah pony, and Ah woulnae have it any other way!"

Rolling her eyes Scootaloo refused to answer.

"What if Ah said you're beautiful?"

Shrugging her shoulders, Scootaloo still didn't look over, pouting playfully.

"You're mah tubby wubby little pony waifu, ow's tha-oh shit!"

The bar tender and owner, O'Grady, just shook his head laughing as Scootaloo ran off after Faolan swinging an empty beer mug.
"Young love, she'll kill him or she'll fuck him.....or both."

~~~~~~~

Blood giggled in a rather odd manner as Black Raven was brought before him, surrounded by guards. He eyed the gryphoness hungrily before beckoning her closer.
"So, you received the mission to watch the dignitaries, eh? That is fine. You will lead them to this location tomorrow, and you will not fail me. Is that understood?"

When Black Raven refused to look up Blood grabbed her chin and pulled her head up, planting a rough and forceful kiss one the young soldier.

"I said, is that understood?"

Flushing slightly and looking rather ashamed, Black Raven nodded and headed out.

~~~~~~~

Scootaloo cast her eyes about for Black Raven as she helped steady a thoroughly smashed Faolan. As she continued through the club, she noticed the gryphoness smiling widely and dancing to some electro music.

"Raven, come on, time to head home. Faolan's absolutely shitfaced and I need your help with him."

The gryphoness bounced over joyfully and took the Spartan's other side before launching into a conversation about how much she loved the club. Thankfully Scootaloo was just tipsy enough to be able to follow the conversation perfectly.

~~~Some Miles Away~~~

A loud clattering awoke the mare from her bed. Figuring one of her friends must have knocked something over, the mare threw her covers of and moved towards the door. Upon hearing another clatter, and noticing her pets bed was empty, the mare figured he must have gone down for food. Opening the door, she went down stairs to find the most horrifying sight ever to greet her eyes.

There was blood and fur, as well as feathers, littering her floor. The mare began to hyperventilate as she began searching frantically for any signs of life. It wasn't until she moved to the open front door did she find anything breathing.

There before her was the strangest creature she'd ever seen, and dangling from its mouth was the lifeless, half eaten corpse of her pet. Retching everywhere, the mare but screamed one thing as the creature turned its beak like head towards her and eyed her hungrily.

"ANGEL!"

Author's Note:

So yup, clubs, fights Remnants and the most asinine move ever!

Yup, totally a cliff hanger at the end with Fluttershy, feel free to direct any and all lynch mobs to my fathers house, he deserves it.

Finally a huge ass thanks to my pre-reader Raybony. Since I'm 'smart' and tend to write at 12-4 in the morning, he comes along and cleans up my half sleep fuelled mess for me. That way its tolerable for when you get here.