• Published 24th Feb 2013
  • 1,624 Views, 37 Comments

A New Life - Trivium



Hi. I'm Trivium, and I don't do intros. I guess I should tell you a bit about myself before we jump into this story... I am 17 years old, pegasus male, about half a foot smaller then average size for ponies, oh and I have no home or family.

  • ...
11
 37
 1,624

Chapter 11: Gone too far

Chapter 11: Gone too far

I stared into the bathroom mirror as Rainbow Dash quickly but gently cleaned the dried blood off my face with a warm wet cloth.

"One of these days we'll get to have a normal date." She said, sounding disappointed. "I'm sorry, Triv."

"It's neither of our faults." I said, staring into the mirror still. "We'll one day find a place where they won't follow us."

"I just think it's so stupid, they can't just let us be together?" Rainbow Dash paused, examining the bloody cloth.

"It's like they're...." I paused, grinning. "Jealous."

Rainbow Dash laughed. "Yeah, that's probably it, mad they can't have all this." She sarcastically posed. "Dey be so jelly."

I chuckled. "That might just be it, though. They clearly don't get that you can't get the girl by ruining her life."

"Well," Rainbow Dash paused. "They're not ruining my life, because I refuse to let them be a big part of it."

"That's really quite the way to handle them." I said. "With how much they do to take over your life, you just deny them, with an unknown silent victory."

"Sorry for kicking you in the face," Rainbow Dash tossed the reddened cloth into the sink.


"You were just trying to murder two ponies, no big deal." I said.

***

Another few weeks passed, nothing too special about them.

***

No work this week, I thought as I snuggled up against Rainbow Dash.

She yawned. "G'night, Triv."

"Night."

I soon was overcame by sleepiness.

***

I jumped awake, breathing heavily. My face was sweating, a few tears in my eyes. I looked up to see if I'd woke Rainbow Dash. She stared at me, tears streaming down her face.

"It was horrible, Triv...." She said slowly. "The sound of your voice.... The.... The screams...."

I felt a lump in my throat. I felt tears welling up in my eyes. I tried to speak but nothing came out.

Rainbow Dash slid down next to me, wrapping her arms around me tightly.

"You're safe. Nothing will hurt you as long as I am here."

I weakly returned the hug.

"I don't know what it is.... I...." My voice trailed off.

"Whatever it is, it can't get you. I'm here. I will protect you."

Rainbow Dash never let go. She held me there in her arms until I'd fallen asleep again.

***

I slowly opened my eyes, the sunlight filling the room. Rainbow Dash was still there, holding me. She had dark bags under her eyes.

"Dash, did you... Sleep at all last night?"

"I couldn't... You were having horrible, horrible nightmares.... You kept me up all night....." Her voice wavered nervously.

"Rainbow... You need some sleep." I slipped from her grip and hugged her instead.

"You're the best... You know that?" Rainbow Dash snuggled into my arms.

I patted her back gently a few times. She soon fell asleep.

***

I opened my eyes, yawning. Rainbow Dash thankfully didn't wake up, meaning I didn't have nightmares violent enough to wake her, which is always good. We lay there for a few more hours, before Dash woke.

"Thank you so much...." Rainbow Dash kissed me on the cheek. "I haven't slept that good in months."

I smiled, my face feeling warm.

"Also, tonight we've got.... A date...." She smiled. "I know we won't have to deal with.... Them..."

"This date will be the date we've wanted for a long time." I said. "You can count on that."

Oh Celestia I hoped it would be a good date.

***

We walked into a very fancy-looking restaurant. We were seating almost instantly. We sat in a booth-like seat. I rested my head on Dash's shoulder as we waited, looking through the menu.

"Awwwwwh! You guys make such a cute couple!" A slender unicorn stood at our table, levitating a notepad and pencil, with stunning ease. That magic always intrigued me, how easy they made it look. I guess that me and Rainbow Dash could make flight look like child's play, without meaning to.

"Thanks... He's great." Rainbow Dash said.

"He looks like it..." They were talking about me like I wasn't right there. "Let me guess.... He's a........" She paused for a long time.

"Sleeper?"

"Such a sleeper, but he's so adorable when he's sleeping!" I felt my face grow hot. "He also falls asleep at the best times possible!"

Rainbow Dash and the unicorn both let out a sigh of happiness in unison. Rainbow Dash patted my thigh.

"Well, my name's Jewel and I will be your waitress tonight." She paused for a second. "You must be... Rainbow Dash...?"

"Yeah! Can't believe you recognized me!" Rainbow Dash let out a small laugh.

"You're pretty much a celebrity." Jewel said. "If you're Rainbow Dash then you..." Jewel directed her eyes towards me. "Must be... Trivium?"

"That's me..." I said, un-sure how to feel. My face was still feeling as if it was on fire. "How'd you know?"

"You're in love with Rainbow Dash. You're probably as famous as she is!". So, I'm famous and I didn't even know it. I knew Rainbow Dash was really well known, but I didn't expect myself to be.

"Well," Rainbow Dash started, "To him, fame never mattered. He just loves me for who I am..." She looked at me, smiling warmly. I quickly stole a kiss from her.

"Awwwh! How cute!" Jewel was smiling hugely. "I should probably take your orders..."

***

We ordered and ate our food, and it was great. Nothing went wrong, at all.

"It was great getting to talk to you two!" Jewel said as we slowly stood to leave.

"Thanks, great meeting you, too." Rainbow Dash said as she stretched.

"Well you guys have a good one!" Jewel said before rushing off to take other's orders.

We walked through the dark night. It was probably past midnight, but who knows. The air was chilly.

"Rainbow Dash?" I asked.

"Yes, sweetie?"

"What exactly is a... Sleeper...?"

"It's a term a lot of girls use, it means ponies who fall asleep whenever you cuddle with them. It's not a bad thing, not at all."

I sighed. It wasn't a bad thing.

Luckily enough, we made it home safely.

"That date was perfect... Thank you, Rainbow Dash." I said, now trembling as I closed the door.

"I knew it'd be."

As expected, we soon were in bed, sleeping.

***

I slowly opened my eyes, hearing the steady snoring of Rainbow Dash. I gently un-wrapped my arm from her and slowly slid up closer to her face.

"YAH!" She screamed, jumping.

I let out a startled scream, jumping so much I landed with a heavy thud on the floor.

I heard Rainbow Dash's laughter. "Ohmigosh, Triv! Are you alright?" She was still laughing and snorting when she poked her head over the edge of the bed.

I let out a long sigh. "You really got me there."

"I noticed." Rainbow Dash said, reaching out a hoof. I grabbed it and stood, her hoof being nothing but an invitation back into bed.

I lay on my back, staring into Rainbow Dash's eyes.

"I'm sorry, sweetie." She said, smoothly moving into a kiss.

"It was a good one." I said after Rainbow Dash leaned out of the kiss. I brushed her mane out of her eyes with one hoof.

"You're really beautiful, you know that right, Dash?" I smiled warmly, massaging her side.

Rainbow Dash blushed, lowering her eyes slightly. "You're so sweet..." She said, her voice sounding like silk. She hugged me tightly.

"I love you." I said, patting her shoulder. "I just want you to know that." I didn't even know why I was being so... Romantic all of a sudden. I felt like I would never see her again.

"I love you, too, Trivium."

We just lay there, holding each other for a long time, before, as predicted, I fell asleep.

***

I woke, but didn't open my eyes. I felt Rainbow Dash gently un-wrapping my arms from herself. She rolled me onto my back, and pulled the blanket up to my chin before exiting the room. I lay there, pretending to be asleep so she didn't feel guilty. I was also still pretty tired. Rainbow Dash came back in the room. I could hear some scratching of a pencil and paper, before she stormed out of the room again. I heard the front door open and slam shut. I waited for a few minutes to make sure she'd left before I got out of bed and checked the note.

"Have to go to work, there's a storm on it's way." It read, with surprising clarity, being that Rainbow Dash'd probably wrote it with her mouth.

I sighed, and sat down on the edge of the bed. She would probably be gone for a while, so I had all day to myself. I slept for a few hours before leaving the house.

***

I sat alone silently, leaning against the tree in the clearance me and Rainbow Dash'd gone on dates before. The sun glared into my eyes. I was just sitting in the complete silence, thinking. I'd learned that doing such a task can drive a pony insane, but it's a little something I've always loved doing. I'd basically grown up in lonely silence, so what more damage could be done?

"What's the matter? Crashie left you?"

I looked around, quickly standing. "Sudden work day, storms." I said, looking for the source of the voice.

"That's what they all say. Then their hearts are "broken" and they cry for weeks before moving on." Dumb-bell emerged from the thick trees. "She's probably off bending over for some random stallion."

"Don't talk about Rainbow Dash that way." I said sternly, slowly walking up to him.

"What're you going to do?" Dumb-bell questioned. He shoved me backwards, stepping forwards.

I quickly stuck out a hoof and shoved him in return. To my surprise, Dumb-bell swatted my hoof aside, causing me to stumble leftwards. He swung a heavy hoof square into my face, causing me to grunt in pain and stumble backwards. I shook my head and swung at him. Dumb-bell met my hoof with another hit, knocking my punch off. He swung again, causing me to stumble backwards. Dumb-bell kept on advancing, hitting me again and again, causing tons of pain. I braced for a hit and dodged, swinging at his face. Dumb-bell stomped my hoof down, causing me to buck forwards. He swung hard at my jaw from below. I cried out in pain, collapsing backwards, black spots all over my vision.

"You're a weak fighter." Dumb-bell taunted, standing over me. I felt blood running from my nose. I tasted it in my mouth. Dumb-bell pulled me up and shoved me backwards. Still dazed, I clumsily fell, landing into another ponies' arms. The mystery pony behind me folded my arms behind my back and held me there. I squirmed to get free from his grip. Dumb-bell kicked me hard in the stomach. I lurched forwards, getting another hit to the face. I hung limply in the ponies' arms, hoping for release.

After what felt like hours of beating, I felt the grip behind me release. I collapsed onto my stomach, breathing heavily. I slowly began to push myself up, then I felt a hoof stomp on my back forcing me back onto the ground.

"Pathetic."

I said nothing, trembling slightly. I felt a heavy strike hit my neck.

...

I slowly opened my eyes. Dumb-bell and Hoops stood laughing. I tried to move, but my legs were tied.

"HELP!" I cried out, looking around.

"You're pathetic." Hoops said, kicking me in the gut. I tried to cry out again, but the breath was knocked out of me. I felt a cloth being forced into my mouth. I tried to cry out, but I couldn't. The gag silenced me from any words. I breathed heavily, looking up to the two with pleading eyes. I tried to cry out in protest as my vision was blocked. Hoops tied the blindfold tightly. I felt another strike on my neck. The adrenaline in me was keeping me awake.

"No... Please..." I tried to say. "Don't hurt me....."

***

I felt myself dangling in the cold night air.

My hind ached for reasons I'd rather not think about.

I could tell I was hanging upside-down. I tried to cry out, but to no avail.

From what I could hear I was completely alone.

This is how I'm going to die...

That's all that crossed my mind. Over and over.

I'm going to die here... Beaten and disgraced by my enemies...

I felt a tear escape one of my eyes. My head was throbbing from all the blood in my head. My thoughts weren't clear, or logical. I struggled against the ropes, but nothing changed. I was still here, hanging, going to die.

Author's Note:

NEEEEEEW CHAPTER. HOPE YOU LIKED IT.

Leave a rating! Feedback is welcome!