• Published 24th Feb 2013
  • 1,624 Views, 37 Comments

A New Life - Trivium



Hi. I'm Trivium, and I don't do intros. I guess I should tell you a bit about myself before we jump into this story... I am 17 years old, pegasus male, about half a foot smaller then average size for ponies, oh and I have no home or family.

  • ...
11
 37
 1,624

Chapter 9: Somewhere Else

Chapter 9: Somewhere Else.

That's all it was. One big kingdom of falsehood. A throne of lies. A crown of delusion. Everything.

"Shhhh... Trivium, it'll be okay.". A phrase of lies. Repeated, over, and over.

"You say things will be okay, Dash. You can't see it, can you? My world is burning to ashes. Things won't be better. Every second things are getting worse and worse. There's no better side of this. There's no happy ending. There's no anything." My head throbbed as I spoke, my eyes sore. I just wanted something to by some miracle kill me. I didn't care how quick or painless, humiliating, or gruesome it was, I just wanted to die. She always said that things would get better. She didn't understand.

"C'mon Triv, I know you, you're tough, you can make it. You'll be okay."

I lay silently, having nothing to say.

"You can come back from all this."

I cannot.

"You made it all the way to this point, now keep going."

This point is the end of the road.

"I know you."

I closed my eyes. If only she did. If only she knew me. I took a deep breath and said nothing, trying to be nothing. I heard a sigh, followed by a low-volumed swear. I waited for sleep to steal me away. It always did, why would it leave me here? Was the world against me? Why did I have to get the raw-end of life? I always tried to do what was best for others. I tried to do what was best for Rainbow Dash, and this is how I get re-payed? A stab in the chest? A kick in the face? I didn't care anymore. If they needed something, I was no longer there for them. Being self-less and there for others only left me a former shell of life, so what would be to follow?

I heard wind rushing from all around. I felt cold. I felt stiff. I felt dead. I heard a static sound building from all around, taking over the sound of the wind. I felt wind rushing, but I couldn't hear it anymore. I was quite confused. I opened my eyes slowly, looking around. I was surrounded by darkness. I couldn't see to the end of the bed. I looked to my left and gasped.

A large figure stood, cloaked in a torn black robe and hood. What little light I saw emminated red from his eyes. Well, his eye-sockets from what I could see. A skeletal figure. Death had come. His breathing sounded hollow. He made no movements. He raised a large, rugged, bloody scythe.

"End me..." I whispered, bracing for death.

I heard the sharp and jagged iron blade slice through the air. I felt the air rushing. I felt the cold touch of metal to my throat.

***

What was happening? Was I dead? I was stuck, invisible, floating in the upper corner of the room that I'd been in where Rainbow Dash burned me to the ground. I saw myself on the bed, my mouth gaping open. I wasn't breathing. I was laying in a strange position. I saw Rainbow Dash shaking me, pleading for me to wake up. Checking my pulse time and time again. Crying. Pleading. Begging. Apologizing.

I saw a flash of white, and felt myself being shooken.

"Trivium, please! Wake up!"

I groaned in pain, opening one eye partially.

"You're alive!"

Unfortunately, rather. Alive I was, stuck I was, broken. I wasn't sure what'd happened, but my facial expression must've been too readable for Dash.

"You let out this.... This horrible.... Scream..... You thrashed violently and froze.... You were..... Gone.... Somewhere else....."

I didn't respond. I almost died.

"Please.... Never leave me like that...."

If I was in control, I wouldn't have come back in the first place.

I felt Rainbow Dash's hoof grip mine. She shook my arm.

"Please...."

I let my eyes drift shut. I was too tired for this. I could just slip into a nap...

***

We won't be here tomorrow. Hold onto me for one last time. As things end, I want to be safe, happy, warm, with you. Our time is precious, and we shouldn't waste it. Don't go to sleep. Don't sleep tonight. This'll be our final day together. I don't want to lose it. Even in this world of misery, there is still light. There is still you. Toss our history over the edge. Please let us forgive eachother. The lies are okay. Just let me be with you for my final hour.

***

I heard wind. I felt wind. I felt.... Warmth.... I felt.... Safe..... I felt......

I felt happy.

I slowly opened my eyes. I blinked in confusion. I was.....

I was high above the clouds. High above worry. High above heartbreak. I was with her. Rainbow Dash cradled me in her arms. My head was resting against her chest. The night sky was clearer then ever. I wrapped my arms around her, smiling.

"We're going home." She said, smiling herself.

I tucked my head back onto Rainbow Dash's chest, remembering what it was like to be happy.

Soon, I was sitting on the couch again. I was staring at that same wall. I was safe. I was...... I was back in the lie.....

That night I slept alone on the couch, until I was sure Rainbow Dash was asleep. I slowly crept out of the door, and curled up against the wall of the house. I shivered and slept very little. I wasn't going to allow myself to be torn apart anymore. I was going to end this. It would all be over. I could forget about it all.

***

It was early in the morning. The sun was breath-taking for some reason. Something seemed, different. The cliff felt no different. The pain was worse. The fall was more relieving then ever. The hesitation was little. The grief was unbearable. The peace was beyond anything. The peace of mind. I would be gone. The pain would be gone. The heartbreak would be gone.

I took a deep breath of the fresh air I would no longer breathe. My final breath. I closed my eyes and leaned backwards. The same wind rushing built. The same feeling came, the feeling of slowed time. My horrible life flashed.

I heard a cry. It was too real.

"TRIVIUM!"

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter, I've been real busy, and I only have time to write these chapters after midnight, so I am very tired.

Ratings and feedback are welcome!