• Published 20th Feb 2013
  • 1,009 Views, 30 Comments

The Elemental Sword - Elaine_Lunaris



A man who jouneys deep into a long forgotten dungeon, finds out what he is ment to do in life. Follow the swordsman on his jouney to protect Equestria from the darkness that plauges it. But first... he will need a weilder.

  • ...
5
 30
 1,009

Chapter Five: Three Weeks Later

Hey there, this is Lamina. For some reason Celly wants me to write down what’s happened over the past few weeks. No clue why, probably wants to document my mind. Bah like that will ever happen. Anyway, over the past few weeks I have spent at Canterlot castle, many interesting things have happened. Like the time the Dragon’s came here for negotiations over the border. Boy, were they surprised to see me. A lot of other interesting things happened over the past few weeks, finding out I’m immortal, learning my Dragon abilities, same thing with my magic. I’ve learned many things here, so I decided to write whatever was on my mind down in my book that I enchanted with runes so that the pages will go on forever. Kind of handy that Rune makes stuff seem endless. Anyway my second week here I asked the princess for some materials for my Airship I wanted to build. She asked me for schematics for more airships, I told her no. So during that week half my airship was completed and Luna asked me out to lunch. Oh I had an analysis done by a doc, she said I MIGHT be slightly insane in the membrane. Heh, dragon joke funny. Anyway that’s a quick sum up of the past few weeks. I should probably get going now. Before Tia or Lulu asks me to do something else time consuming....

Your friendly Dralicorn
-Draco Lamina



^^^^^^3 weeks later^^^^^^


Lamina walked into the bright marble room, which was apparently bigger than it was on the outside. Looking out the window he saw a view off of the mountain side, and it was some view. Lamina could see the entirety of the land off in that direction. The beautiful sunset highlighting everything there was to see.

Lamina deciding to entertain himself began to chat to no one in particular. “Tis a beautiful sunset is it not?” He smiled at the thought.

“You know, I’m glad I’m here, hated Earth. Full of crap, stupid people that try to hang you for looting some old temple.” He frowned. “How was I supposed to know it was the royal vault?” shaking his head in frustration. “It’s not like they clearly marked it to be the royal vault. No symbols or anything. Bah, bunch of pansies anyway.”

He turned away from the window and headed to the closet. “Luna wants me to do her a favour today. Bah” He snorted. “I’ll die before she gets me in a suit.”

Reaching into the closet he pulled out his backpack, and chucked the notebook inside. “After that some ‘test’ for Twilight that I’m supposed to discreetly help with? How in the name of Tartarus am I supposed to do that?”

Reaching into his backpack he took out his wallop stick. “Well at least she said I could take something with me....” looking at the wallop stick with disdain he put it back into the backpack. “Well it could be worse. She could send me off to the Dragon lands to conduct the negotiations for the borders.”

He completely ignored the fact that the door had opened and that Celestia was standing in the doorway with an amused look on her face. “Hmmm what to take thou- Oh” He stopped and looked in the mirror and saw his fangs and claws. “Oh yea forgot I had those for a second then.”

Celestia was struggling to repress her urge to giggle at the Dralicorn; watching him take items out of his backpack and saying “nope!”Every so often, she stopped entirely when he pulled an orb covered in runes out of the backpack. “WOAH, where did this little guy come from? I don’t remember having a Thermo-Runic Bomb....”

At that Celestia’s eyes widened and she looked at the small orb in the clawed hands of the most cunning, and albeit slightly insane Dralicorn. Clearing her throat she caught his attention.

Lamina’s head swerved to look at the sun princess. “Oh hay Tia.” She cocked an eyebrow at him. “Was that another one of your horse puns Lamina?” She looked at the devious smiling Dralicorn and sighed. “Those have gotten less funny over the time that you have been staying here.” She watched him place the small orb pack into the backpack and pull out a scroll.

Reading down it he said. “Sorry Tia I haven’t got anything else on my list of puns to say now, that was the last one.” She smiled at that; no more would he walk up to a guard and say something completely random to said guard in order to try to get them to react.

“Well that’s a relief, I came here to tell you that Twilight and her friends should be arriving soon.”

“Ah.” He picked up the backpack and placed it between his wings. “Well I should be going then, see you at the throne room?” With a nod from the Dralicorn he dived out the window and flew in the direction of the throne room.

She smiled as she watched him fly in a couple of loops and then through the window of the throne room. Her horn glowed with magic and Celestia reappeared in the throne room of the castle...... And couldn’t find the Dralicorn anywhere in sight.

She looked around confused as she walked towards her throne. Until she noticed that behind her throne was a particular sword that a particular Dralicorn was able to transform into. She smiled at the sword, and heard Lamina speak.

‘Nice to see you smiling like usual Tia, it’s been a while since I’ve seen you smile properly. This whole Crystal Empire business has had you pretty busy.’

She nodded at the Sword and stood facing the window as her sister Luna entered the room and stood next to her.

“Are you sure you don't want me to go as well?” her sister asked.

Celestia looked out the window. “Yes. Princess Cadance and Shining Armor are already there.” She looked at her sister. “The others will be joining them soon.”

Her sister looked at her then out the window. “The empire's magic is powerful. It cannot fall again, my sister.”

“She will succeed at her task. And when she does, we'll know that she is that much closer to being ready.”

“Ahem.” Both sisters looked to the door and saw Twilight smile sheepishly at them. Luna started to walk away from her sister, but before she got too far she said. “Trust me, little sister.”

Luna started to trot down the aisle and Twilight up the aisle. “You wanted to see me? To give me a test?” Luna passed Twilight and she looked at her. When she passed her she looked back to her mentor. “I brought my own quills and plenty of paper to show my work.”

Levitating the saddlebags off her back she placed them on the floor, only for all the contents to spill out. “Sorry! Sorry!” She nudged the paper to pick it up, only for Celestia to levitate it and ravel it all back up. “This is a different kind of test.” Placing all of Twilight’s belongings back into the bags she said. “The Crystal Empire has returned.”

Lamina was listening intently and silently laughing to himself, he listened as Celestia explained the situation to Twilight. The princess moved past the throne and Lamina watched her, grabbing a gem out of a glass case she placed it onto the floor. Bah he thought to himself as he watched her do great feats of magic to explain to Twilight the severity of her task.

Well he thought time to get into my place. And with that he turned into a six gem incrusted bracelet and teleported into Twilight’s saddlebags.

After a long muffled time he heard the princess say. “Then go. There is no time to lose.” Well, time to settle in for the long haul......



^^^^^^One Duet and a really long train ride later^^^^^^


Lamina awoke to the sounds of someone shuffling about on a throne. His first thought was. Did Twilight leave the bags behind? And his second thought was. Never mind I can’t sense her. He focused on teleporting out of the saddlebags and succeeded to do so, but was grabbed in a hoof a moment later.

“That’s odd, Cadance did Twilight bring a bracelet with her?” Shinning Armor asked his wife.

“No. Not that I remember.” Well that singles out whoever is in the room. He concentrated on teleporting to the other side of the crystal throne room; two collective gasps were heard from the Unicorn and the Alicorn.

‘I would greatly appreciate it if I wasn’t manhandled by you, thank you very much!’

Shinning Armor looked around the room in search of the voice. “Who’s there? Show yourself!” he mentally rolled his eyes at the Unicorn.

‘Calm down I was sent by the princess to help Twilight with her test’ Shinning Armor didn’t relax from this statement and he sighed.

‘Fine I’m going to show myself, but remember I was sent to help.’ He concentrated on his original form and the six gems on the bracelet began to glow. A bright rainbow light appeared in the aisle and the two ponies were blinded by it. When they turned their heads back to the spot the light had originated from they saw the Dralicorn in all his glory.

Lamina bowed to the two and greeted them. “Greetings I am Draco Lamina, sent by the Princess to help Twilight discreetly in her task.”

Cadance looked the Dralicorn up and down before saying. “So you are the one Aunt Luna has mentioned?” She watched the Dralicorn’s eyes widen at this.

“Aunt Luna? Oh she is so not going to live this one do-” Shinning Armor coughed to catch his attention. “Sorry, but if Luna means a deep blue scaled Dralicorn then yes I am he and he is I.”

Shining Armor and Cadance were confused by Lamina’s statement and he chuckled at this. “Well I am here to assist however I can in the task ahead. But, can I ask what the problem is?”

Cadance and Shining Armor nodded before he said. “Well the problem is that we were sent by the princess to protect the crystal empire when it reappeared.” Shining Armor looked at him with a downcast look. “It wasn’t the only thing to return...”

Lamina looked at Armor and Cadance in turn. “King Sombra has returned, hasn’t he?” The married couple looked around the room before nodding to the Dralicorn in front of them. “Well I can assist you only in terms of giving magic, maybe holding Sombra back for a while, but like the princess said. This is Twilight’s test, and I am not to interfere in anyway.”

He walked up to Shining Armor and noticed the black crystals on his horn. “Huh, Sombra got you good didn’t he?” he remarked to Shining Armor. He nodded and moved over to his wife, asking if she was ok. When she nodded to him he walked over to the Dralicorn.

“Can I ask you a question Armor?” he said to the white Unicorn.

Shinning Armor nodded to him. “Why do you do it?”

This confused the guard, what did he mean why do you do it? “Why do you do all of this?” Ok that he could understand.

“I do this to protect my family-” He looked towards his wife, and out the window where his sister was singing. “No matter how strange things get I will protect them. It’s also my duty to protect every citizen of Equestria, no matter the problem.” He smiled as his sister finished singing.

“And sometimes, the good things weigh out the bad....”

The Dralicorn looked out the window to see that all the six friends surrounded each other and were laughing together. He smiled, “Yeah... I guess some things are worth protecting.”



^^^^^^Crystal Empire, 4 hours later^^^^^^


“Ok, so it’s ShowTime?” The Dralicorn asked the white Unicorn next to him.

“That’s right, King Sombra broke through and it’s our job to stop him.”

“But as soon as things get out of claw or in this case for you, out of hoof. I’m teleporting us out.” Shining Armor nodded as the black mist got closer to them. “Well, in case we don’t make it, it-”

Shining Armor stopped him with a raised hoof, “Don’t even finish that sentence, we can, and will protect everypony.”

They both looked off the top of the hill as Sombra got closer to them. The Dralicorn smiled at the unicorn next to him. “Sorry mate, but you can’t fight in your condition.”

Shining Armor started to run at him as magic glowed around the Dralicorn’s horn. And with a flash of multicoloured magic, Lamina sent Shining Armor away.



^^^^^^Meanwhile at the Crystal Castle^^^^^^


Twilight laughed as she slid up the stairs with Spike clinging to her back. “I actually studied gravity spells, thinking it might be on my test! Turns out I was prepared for this! Wooohooo!”

They laughed as they came to a sudden stop and crashed to the floor. Getting up Spike and Twilight saw what they had been searching for, the Crystal Heart. She looked to her number one assistant and he motioned her forwards. Twilight stepped towards the floating heart and onto the platform. Which immediately turned black as night as one of King Sombra’s spells activated alerting him to the danger.

In but a few moments Twilight was trapped inside a black crystal prison and the heart was knocked loose, falling beside Spike.

Looking around dazed Twilight said, “The Heart... where's the Crystal-”

Spike called out to her. “Here! It rolled over to me when you dropped it!” He moved towards Twilight and little black crystals appeared on the floor making the path towards her treacherous to take. “Don't move!”

Spike started sweating as more black crystals appeared on the ground. Twilight looked out of the prison at her assistant. “You can move, just not toward me!” Spike backpedalled away from the prison as Twilight tried to escape using a teleportation spell. Sombra’s spell dragged her back inside and slammed her against the wall. “How could I have been so foolish...?” Using her hooves as leverage she pressed against the wall of her prison. “I was just so eager to get it! Then when I saw what was going on outside, I...”

“You have to get out of there, Twilight! You have to be the one who brings the Heart to Princess Cadance! If you don't, you'll fail Celestia's test!”

Twilight looked around as the Crystal empire was transformed around her into the black crystals. “King Sombra is already attacking the Empire. He could reach the Crystal Ponies at any moment... reach Princess Cadance, my brother, my friends... there may not be enough time for me to find a way to escape.” Realisation dawned on Twilight as she looked outside at Spike still dodging the little black crystals on the ground. A look of determination crossed Twilight’s face as she looked at the little dragon. “You have to be the one to bring the Crystal Heart to the faire.”

Spike shot up from his sitting position “Me? But Twilight-” Twilight shouted at the little drake. “Go!” Spike looked at Twilight. “But-” Twilight lifted her head and screamed “GOOOO!”

Grabbing the Crystal Heart, Spike dived out the window as the room exploded with dark crystals.



^^^^^^Lamina^^^^^^


He grunted in pain as Sombra threw his against one of the buildings, blood flowing from multiple cuts on his half scaled form. He smiled at the flowing mass of darkness as blood trickled from his lips. “That all you got ghostie?”

“I never thought one such as you would be enough to distract me from making this place mine again!”

He chuckled as Sombra moved away. “What’za matter Ghostie? Scared of getting a little blood on you tunic? Or are you, A Chicken?

With a roar Sombra grabbed him again, this time though Lamina was ready for it and breathed his rainbow dragon fire on the black form, causing it to roar in pain and throw him against the castle wall.

Falling to the balcony below him he startled Shining Armor and the gathered ponies, Applejack spoke up “L-Lamina?”

Coughing up blood he smiled at the orange farm pony. “Well gals and colts, I think now might be the time for plan B.... Cause my plan A failed...” He chuckled at that before his head fell to the floor and he closed his eyes for a much needed rest. The last thing he heard was Spike calling out to those below saying “I got the Crystal Heart!”



^^^^^^Several Hours Later^^^^^^


Waking up Lamina felt the covers on his body, and the bumps of the train on its way back to Canterlot. Oh.... I guess we won....... Realisation dawned on him as his mind played over the past few days. Oh no..... Tia’s going to kill me.... I wasn’t discreet at all! His whole body was in pain as he realised that. Hearing the door open he remained silent.

“So is he awake yet?” Spike asked Twilight as they moved closer to the bed.

He groaned as they talked, a pounding in his head only now making its presence know to him. “Who hit me upside the head with a ballista round, cause I’m going to shove a Thermo-Runic bomb up their-”

Twilight cleared her throat and motioned her head towards Spike, who looked confused about what he was saying. “......You know what. Stuff it.” And with that his head hit the pillow and he blacked out.

Twilight shook her head at the Dralicorn and moved over to the table that had his backpack on it. “I don’t know why the princess sent him to help, but I’m sure they had their reasons. And what the hay is a Thermo-Runic bomb?”

Spike shrugged at Twilight and moved over to the stretched out Dralicorn. “Is he going to be ok?” He asked the librarian.

Twilight smiled softly at the young drake, he looked up to Lamina as an older brother, maybe even a father figure. She shook her head and smiled again at her assistant. “I’m sure he’ll be fine Spike, go get some rest” She nudged him out of the room, making sure he got some sleep for the trip home.

Once that was done she walked back into the separate carriage and over towards the Dralicorn. “You are going to be ok right?”

The wounded Dralicorn groaned as Twilight said that. “How did you know I was still awake?”

Twilight smiled at him. “Well I can see that your breathing had changed, not to mention the fact that your ears swerved around whenever somepony spoke.”

“Ah.....” He opened his eyes and smiled softy in her direction. “So who do I thank for taking care of me while I was out?”

She thought for a moment before answering. “Well we all took shifts until you were stable.” He cocked an eyebrow at this, sighing she said. “You had several broken ribs, a punctured lung, two broken legs, and one of your wings was broken.”

“Well.... looks like I’m not moving for a while. Mind grabbing a scroll and inkwell for me?” He turned towards the librarian and waited. “Sure Lamina, I can do that.” She smiled and walked over to her bags, grabbing the scroll and inkwell in her magic and levitated it to the injured Dralicorn.

“Ok... thanks Twi’” He smiled at her and she blushed from his thanks. This makes no sense he explained already that he was immortal to us. So why do I feel like this? He dipped his claw in the inkwell and held the scroll in his levitation spell. After several moments of his scribbling on the page he put the inkwell to the side.

“Here to hoping that Celestia is accepting letters at this hour...” and he breathed on the parchment with a rainbow fire, turning it into a multicoloured wisp of smoke.

Twilight was confused by this. “You can send letters to the princess?” He looked at her with a confused expression.

“Well.... Yes and no.” Twilight looked at him, even more confused than before. “See my fire is different than Spike’s fire. Mine is able to send messages to whomever I want to send messages to. Also, my fire can do many different things; I’m only getting some of it now though. Other things will have to wait till ‘I understand myself more’ at least that’s what the princess said.”

Twilight nodded at him. “Soooo...” He looked at her. “What?” she looked around the room, anywhere but his eyes. “Twi’ what’s wrong?”

“Um.... Do you... You know, have a special somepony yet?” He blinked at her, and then blinked again. “I-I haven’t really given it much thought Twi’.... Guess I’m just not the kind of guy to get tied down.” Twilight’s head lowered in defeat at his words and he sighed. “Twilight....” Her head shot up at him calling her name. “I told you once that because of this form I am immortal right?” She nodded at his words, a glimmer of hope in her eyes.

He looked her in the eyes and saw that glimmer of hope, and he sighed. “I-I’m sorry Twi’...... But it would never work between us. It’s best if you find a stallion that does want to be with you, and isn’t immortal, not that I’m s-saying that I do not like you but I’m the adventurous type of guy. I NEED action in my life otherwise I go stir crazy, that’s one of the reasons I travelled a lot in the time I’ve been here, why I’m building the airship, why I came along to help you, not that you needed it, but I was of some help..... Right...?” He looked at her with his head tilted to the side and his eyebrow raised.

She chuckled at his statement. “Yeah Lamina, You helped us out a lot.”

“Oh... That’s good.... I’m going.... -Yawn- Get some rest now....” His head flopped back down onto the pillow and he was out like a light. Twilight smiled and walked to the end of the carriage, flipping the light off as she left....



^^^^^^Canterlot Castle 5 Hours Later^^^^^^


“What do you mean he’s in intensive care!?!?” Luna nearly screamed at her sister.

“It’s exactly what I said dear sister, he is in intensive care right now from his ordeal in the Crystal Empire.”

Luna walked up to her sister and stood next to her. “Can we go see him?” Celestia shook her head. “Why not, surely he is well enough-” Celestia interrupted her sister with a raised hoof.

“He is asleep dear sister. And we cannot disturb his rest; he will need it in the days ahead.”

Luna’s head lowered to the floor and her sister sighed. “Do not give me those eyes- No I told you it won’t work- UGH! Fine, go see him... Do not blame me when he kicks you out though...”

Luna walked towards the medical section of the castle with a skip in her step and a smile plastered on her face. She passed the castle staff and guards on her way to the wards. She even passing Blueblood in the library but paying him no mind, eventually she reached the medical ward of the castle and went inside, it was then she heard a familiar voice.

“Get off me! I told you I don’t need it! No! I AM NOT A CHILD! Now get off me before I roast that damnable thing into oblivion!”

Sighing she walked towards the door labelled ‘Room 106’ where she heard a scream and what sounded like the Dralicorn breathing fire. Walking into the room she saw a roasted platter metal platter and more than 15 broken syringes against the wall. The Dralicorn looked at the white coated doctor in front of him and huffed smoke from his nostrils.

“Try to force that thing in my arm again and I will break yours.... Do I make myself clear?”

The doctor, scared of the Dralicorn before him, nodded quickly and left the room at a full gallop leaving the moon princess and the Dralicorn alone in the room.

“Oh hey Luna, how were things going at the castle while I was gone?” Luna looked at the wounded Dralicorn and smiled.

“Afraid of needles are we?” He scowled at the broken shards on the floor and said.

“Nasty evil things that cause pain and misery were ever they go, sucking on the blood of innocents and pumping them full of toxins that make you sick to your stomach. Given the chance I would eradicate them from the face of the Universe.”

Raising an eyebrow at him she said. “It just sounded like you described a Vampony there.”

Looking at Luna with a confused look he said. “What in the name of all that’s holy is a Vampony?” Luna looked at him with shock, “do not bother, it was a slip of the tongue.” Nodding he turned to face the wall.

“So, Lamina.” He looked at her again. “What are you going to do when you are healed?” He smiled at her and turned to face out the window.

“Adventure.”

Comments ( 6 )

HAAZA! Early Update! and would you look at that! It's only thurday here! GLORIUS! :pinkiehappy:
Anywho Enjoy da new chapter mates!

I'm thinking of doing bonus chapters... Like you know... Stuff, and Stuff. :facehoof: Up to you guys really.

-Venful

Good job for this chapter:pinkiehappy:

2226854 Thank you! :twilightsmile: It took me a while to get it done... Totaly worth it in the end. No? :unsuresweetie:

cliffhanger
(I think my picture does not work:derpyderp2:)

2228621 Ahhhhh. I love when that happens... :twilightsmile: Don't you? Funny thing though. I DIDN'T WANT to leave it there, so I'm on the next chapter immediatly! :pinkiehappy:

And the picture does work. just need to open link in new tab. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment