• Published 18th Feb 2013
  • 1,351 Views, 34 Comments

Maybe for the... - Fat1thatyoulove



Part 17 to the Maybe series Follow the main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess.

  • ...
3
 34
 1,351

Chapter 1

Maybe for...

Chapter 1 – Maybe for the...

You steady your breath as you focus on the soft voice that seems to be coming from inside your head.

“Just calm down, magic can’t be rushed.”

The breeze that slowly moves through the courtyard helps you calm down after your last failed spell attempt. You look to Twilight as she still stands beside you calmly explaining how easy magic is to use…lies, “Just focus on your target breath deep and picture what you want to happen…ok!?”

You look over her excited smile as you nod. With a new sense of confidence you turn to face your target. The fake wood pony dressed in the normal guard armor is what you set your eyes on. With a deep breath and a dug in stance you start to imagining what you want to do, as you feel a tingling sensation flow through your body you hold your stance a bit longer as you focus more on your target. With a slow release of your lungs you flung your head down towards the wooden pony.

You open your eyes at the right moment to watch as a gust of green light hits the fake pony. As the light engulfs the dummy it starts to corrode the wood until it collapses to the ground.

You let out a happy yell as you turn back to Twilight.

She happily claps her hooves together as she nudges her brother who stands next to her. Shining's mouth hangs down as he looks at the collapsed dummy.

The tingling in your body that has not subsided feels good and is starting to entertain your overjoyed attitude as you speak to him an a cocky voice, “Not bad hu?”

He rubs his neck as he looks at the heap of wood and metal, “I think I need new armor.”

Twilight embraces you with a hug as she talks, “See I told you it was easy…”

Your smile starts to fade as you feel the still prominent tingling sensation start to leave your body. Twilight shakes now as she holds you, “Twilight?”

Her voice is shaky as she talks, “Di…did…you use….a transfer spell?”

You try to push off of her as you talk, “Ya Celestia showed me it, why are you holding me so tight?”

Your eyes are drawn to the part of her mane that you can see from how she is holding you, the purple color looks like it’s starting to fade and it looks like it is turning into a dull gray. Your voice is a little more rushed as you struggle to get loss of her grip, “Twilight! Twilight!”

You hear her voice whimper next to you, "i-i can't."

You continue to struggle with no luck; her warm fur is starting to feel a bit colder as she continues to hold on to you as her coat turns colder and colder.

-------------
Your eyes open to a light squeeze around your sides.Your dream daze fades as you study the all white marble wall in front of you, which helps to push your nightmare to the back of your mind. You bring your hooves up to your face as you rub your eyes. You miss the feel of your knuckles on your eyes when you would rub them, a hoof feels like rubbing your wrist to your eyes…but it still works.

You bring your eyes down to the purple death lock your still currently in. Your dream is pushed into the back of your mind as you smile at her sprawled out over you. Decide on a counter attack to her death grab, you’re quick to flip over as you embrace her with a hug.

Twilight awakes with whimper, “Good morning.”

You quickly release her from your grip as thoughts from your still vivid dream pour back into the front of your mind, you speak in a low voice as you look her over, “How are you feeling.”

Twilight stares at you and then dramatically puts a hoof over her head, “Oh my head, my head.” She smiles back at you with one of her eyes open, “Told you I was fine… just a magical build up.”

You give a smirk to her comment, “Magical build up?”

She stretches and yawns as she talks, “You know that human magic is different than pony magic, that’s why the Princess wanted me to train before using it on Discord’s statue.” She looks at you and motions with her hooves as she talks, “That was a BIG spell and it just caused a magical overload in my horn.”

You blow at her statement, "ok, then what was with being sick in the morning?"

She gives another yawn as she sits up in the bed, her voice is a little annoyed as she answers you, "I already told you i'm fine."

You still don’t feel satisfied with her answer as you continue to question her, “Don’t you think human magic is a bit.” You pause at the next word giving it some thought before you speak, “Dangerous?”

Twilight giggles at your comment, “Magic is magic, it’s just a different way I have to use it.” She
sits up in the bed as she talks, “And if the Princess thinks I can do it then I will and can.” She gives a proud smile as she looks back to you.

Your mind now drifts back to yesterday as you talk, “But pears should not use magic.”

Twilight gives a giggle as she looks at you in confusion, “What?”

You feel dumb as you think out what you just said, better luck next time, “Yesterday Celestia had me transfer magic into a pear as like a test or something.”

Twilight listens eagerly as you pause to think out how to word it.
“…She had me use pony magic and human magic, and the pear started to wither as my magic entered it.”

Twilight gives a laugh as she gets out of bed, “Pears are not ponies.” She stands at the side of the bed as she looks at you, “Now get up.”

You give a sigh, “Why? It’s early.” You point your hoof to the window, the bright sunshine and the noise from outside does not help your statement…dame pony time.

Twilight looks unamused at you, “We need to get this washed and I need to be early this time for Celestia’s training.”

You let out a huff as you talk, “Why do you need to do Celestia’s training you already sent Discord away, what more does she want?”

Twilight pulls the covers from you as she talks, “I still have a duty to Equestria to help protect it and anyway I can, and if Celestia thinks using a more powerful magic is a good thing.”

Note to self don’t argue with Twilight in the morning. You swallow back your next comment as you place your hooves on the cold marble floor, “just…don’t use it if you don’t feel good. Ok?”

Twilight stops balling the sheets up as she looks at you, “Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.” She gives a light chuckle at the end of her sentence as she walks out of the room, “Let’s get something to eat.”

End of chapter 1