• Published 24th Apr 2013
  • 2,082 Views, 16 Comments

A Change of Fate - Rainbow_Flash



Scootaloo makes a wish that changes her life forever.

  • ...
2
 16
 2,082

Blue Feathers

My parents rushed up to my room, but I didn't hear their hoofbeats. I could only stare and scream at my wings. I had fallen to the floor a minute ago, and my mind was crawling with questions. Then the door squeaked opened, and my mom rushed over to me and hugged me. I felt somewhat comforted to feel her, and know that they'd find a way to fix this.

"Honey, what's wrong? Did you see a monster?" My mother asked, hugging me tighter. My breath came out in ragged gasps, and I nudged mom away with my hooves. I took a good, deep breath.

"I dunno! My wings-" Then my father ran up and both parents studied my wings. They stretched them out, took a feather- Ow!- and then looked peculiarly at me. I was tapping my hoof on the floorboards, looking at them worriedly. They sighed, and patted me on the back.

"Scootsy, please don't play games with us. Your wings are fine. Now, just sleep and you'll be better in the morning." My father said. They patted me once more, and left the room. Now I was gaping in shock for the second time this past minute. My parents didn't see my wings! They acted like they were- were normal! But they are too big to be my wings, they're too big! They spoil me rotten, and would've taken me to the doctor's! W-what's going on?!

I leaped onto my bed and curled up. I want this to be a dream. I want this to be a dream, but it isn't. I know it isn't. Whimpering, I buried my self in the wooly covers. Sleep would make me better- thats what they said. Maybe thats true? I don't know. I'm clinging onto a string of hope.

"Wake up, Scootaloo! Eat your breakfast and go to school, you'll be late." My mother yelled up the stairs. I twitched my ear, and, with a heap of strength, pulled myself up. My magenta mane was a mess, my eyes had dark circles, and the dreaded light of the sun beamed into my sleepy face. Instead of settling back down and sleeping, like I should have done, I got out of bed. I opened the ever-squeaky door to begin my almost-late school day. I dashed downstairs, my hooves punding the wood. I was almost late!

On the table was some buttered toast, and I grabbed it with a crunch. I threw it in the air and gulped it down. Then my unicorn mother stopped me just to brush my mane. Who cares about my mane, I was almost late! I managed to pull away from her and head out the door. I slammed it and ran for life. The school wasn't too far from my house but I didn't want to be late. The last time that happened, well... I don't like recalling it. But it involved me snoring, fast asleep, in class after being let in after tons of loud knocking. I shivered- that memory was a bad one.

When I got to the school, the last filly, Silver Spoon, was walking in. I flapped my wings rapidly and hit the door just after it gently closed shut. Obviously Cheerilee must've heard that, and opened the door again. She looked down at me, and smiled.

"Come on in Scootaloo! You arrived just in time." I sighed with relief at that, though I still could fall asleep. I glanced over to Sweetie Belle, and she smiled at me. Class started, and all day I heard Cheerilee drone about the three pony races and their abilities. When we got to the last one, pegasus, Diamond Tiara called out.

"Hey Scootaloo! Aren't you technically not a pegasus since you can't fly?" She menacingly called out. Several ponies giggled at this, and I looked down in shame. But I raised my head when Cheerilee started talking. Sweetie and Bloom seemed satisfied at this.

"Diamond Tiara, I would expect better of you. And pegasi are not known for their ability to fly- it is their wings that make them special. Have another outburst like that, and you will get double homework!" Cheerilee said sternly. Diamond Tiara sighed, and crossed her fore-hooves. Even if she's mean and cheats on her homework, she still doesn't want extra.

For the rest of class I kept glancing at my wings. They weren't right, but no one could see it. How is that possible? Like, they could've finally grown. But that fast? Crosses it off the list of possibilities. I decided to think of my dream instead, while half-listening to Cheerilee. Last night my dream was scary, yet amazing!

~ FLASHBACK~

I was flying through the jungle, dodging the vines that could ensnare me. Rainbow Dash was running on the ground following me. I signaled her with a crow-call, which meant to be careful here. She was running as quickly as I could fly, but slowed down to leap over other things.

"Scootaloo, watch out for that vine!" Rainbow called out. I suddenly saw it, and swerved as best I could. I narrowly missed it, and looked ahead again. it was a maze of vines that I couldn't hope to fly through. I heard the beast still pounding through the forest, and I quickly dived to the ground. Rainbow Dash and I ran and ran, the beast getting closer and closer when I saw something ahead. It was...It was...

~FLASHBACK~

Rringg, rrringgg, ringgg! I hopped to my feet and ran out the doors. Today I wanted to see Rainbow Dash- I might as well learn how to use my new wings. I searched all over Ponyville, checking clouds for rainbows. I finally got to the town square, and I was panting heavily. I looked up at the snowy white cloud, and called out.

"R-rain...bow D-da..sh!" I collapsed on the ground, taking big gulps of air. When no prismatic pony appeared, I sighed and looked around. I had three bits on me, so I should buy some food. The stalls were mostly for vegetables, with the occasional fruit stand. When I saw an apple stand, run by none other than Applejack, my hopes soared. Applejack knew Rainbow! She'd definitely tell me where she is. I stumbled forward, and fell. Well, I guess I should walk slowly.

When I collapsed on the stand and dropped my bits on the table, Applejack was certainly surprised. She looked down at me and gave me an apple without taking any bits. She winked, and said it was free for an out-of-breath filly. I gobbled it down and stood up. I opened my mouth, when Applejack said, "Rainbow? She lives that-a way." She said, pointing towards a large cloud on the edge of town.

I nodded thanks and started dashing. At least Rainbow can finally teach me to fly! When I ran, a few blue feathers fell off my wings.

Author's Note:

Mhmm. So the adventure shall come soon!