• Published 24th Apr 2013
  • 2,082 Views, 16 Comments

A Change of Fate - Rainbow_Flash



Scootaloo makes a wish that changes her life forever.

  • ...
2
 16
 2,082

The Change

I dashed through the forest, on a slightly worn path only visible by small circular hoofprints in the ground. This path was as familiar as the back of my hoof. Leaves scraped against my side, and then I tripped over a root.

"Stupid root! I have important places to be!"

Standing up, I walked slowly to watch for any more perils. Luckily enough, the flora was thinning up ahead. I pushed my way into a sandy clearing, and smiled. I brought up my hoof to shake some twigs out of mane, when I heard laughing coming from inside the clubhouse. I dashed up to the ramp, sand spraying behind me and my mane forgotten. My hooves banged against the wooden ramp, and I opened the door. My bestest friends in the world turned to me and smiled. I ran up to them for a group hug.

"CUTIEMARK CRUSADERS, YAY!" We yelled, hoof-bumping, and then giggling loudly. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle were looking super-duper excited, and I couldn't contain my grin. The yellow filly turned to me and started to speak.

"So, Scoots, we started planning our next crusades while we waited and Sweetie here got the BEST idea! Today we wanted to try being Cutiemark Crusaders Piñata Makers!" Apple Bloom proclaimed loudly. Sweetie rubbed her hoof on the back of her neck when Apple Bloom mentioned that it was her idea. I buzzed my wings wildly, which lifted me in the air for a few seconds. Huh, they don't normally do that. Nevermind, I have crusading to do!

"That sounds perfect Apple Bloom! Lets start!" I exclaimed happily. Piñata makers? No way that could fail!

"Oh, yeah. I kinda broke my scooter this morning while doing some amazing stunts. So we have to walk if we're going anywhere." I said with a sheepish smile. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle groaned, and said that we were going to Sugarcube Corner to get Pinkie Pie's help. With another sheepish grin, I walked out the door with my friends. I desperately thought of a way to lift their spirits.

"Race you to Sugarcube Corner! Last one there gets no candy from the piñata!" I yelled. I started running as fast as my hooves could take me, and the leaves brushing along my coat would slam into Apple Bloom's face as she tailed me. I decided to flap, or "buzz" my wings to get a head start on Bloom. I did it lightly to gain a few inches ahead, while I maneuvered so Sweetie couldn't get ahead either. Suddenly we were out of the forest and dashing on a dirt road. I could smell sweet, freshly-baked pastries coming from Sugarcube Corner, and followed my nose. Theres no way I could lose this!

I gaped when I saw Apple Bloom moving ahead of me. She turned and playfully stuck her tongue out at me, and then dashed even faster ahead. I guess working on a farm payed off in races. I determinedly squinted my eyes, and flapped my wings as hard as I could while running as fast as I could. I managed to hover above the ground, and land next to Apple Bloom with my legs ready for a bit more running. I heard Sweetie's hoofsteps as I poked the bakery in front of me. Apple Bloom just gaped at me, with a slight smile on her lips. Sweetie poked the building while standing in front of Apple Bloom, making her realize she just lost.

"Oh, fiddlesticks! How'd Ah get here last?" She said, turning to look at Sweetie. Sweetie shurgged and said you didn't touch the building. Apple Bloom stomped her hoof on the ground and said, "Do Ah at least get one piece of candy?" I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry Bloom, but you lost. We 'agreed' on no candy for the loser." I said, slightly frowning. Apple Bloom used her puppy eyes look, and I sighed lightly. "Well, you can't take candy from the piñata. So that means we can share our candy with you!" Apple Bloom brightened at this- she went from a wilting flower to a blooming one. Heh. Blooming.

"HI! How are you doing? Would you like a sweet to eat? Ooooo!" Pinkie Pie then started chortling. "That rhymes! Speaking of rhymes, sweet rhymes with tons of things! Beat, neat, seat, beet, eat, feet. Wait, what are feet?" The Crusaders and I exchanged a glance, and then we looked at the party pony. Apple Bloom cleared her throat and Pinkie stopped talking. Bloom stepped forward and spoke.

"Well, ya see Pinkie, we want to start our latest crusade- piñata makers! And since that's related to partying, we thought that ya'd help us with this." Apple Bloom smiled at Pinkie while her eyes showed worry. Pinkie was staring at her with her eyes scrunched up. She looked very concentrated, but then suddenly shouted. "I'd absolutely positively LOVE to help you crusade! Now let's go! Follow MEEEEE!" Pinkie zipped into the bakery and we eagerly followed. Pinkie Pie went into the kitchen and when we blinked a bunch of paper strips, bowls, paint, and several other miscellaneous bottles.

"Now! First you take a cup...

~ One song later! ~

I groaned loudly. I had glue all over my body, and sticky paper strips in my mane and tail. Sweetie Belle was worse; her tail was stuck to her leg, complete with paper, her front hoof was stuck to her mane, and she still managed to stand. Worse, she seemed to be stuck to the floor. Apple Bloom faired better, and only had a few splotches of glue on her.

"Crusaders, I DON'T think we are piñata makers. Our crusades aren't going anywhere, so we need a totally awesome crusade, one that will top all the others!" I announced. My fellow crusaders- AND ME! Wait, Pinkie? How are you in my thoughts? I'm not in your thoughts! I'm reading the script! Pinkie, you can be so random. Then Pinkie Pie smiled and winked, and then grabbed some mops and buckets. She shooed us out onto the street after giving us a...bath, and then gave us cupcakes. I admit, though that pony is wierd and random, she makes some good cupcakes.

"Okay, girls, to the clubhouse!" I flapped my wings while pointing towards the woods. Suddenly my hooves were off the ground and I had stopped moving my wings. I then fell to the ground and decided to look at the sky. My friends gaped at me, like how Apple Bloom did earlier today. But I saw the sun sliding down the horizon, and just said I had to go home.

Now running towards my house, I didn't try to look back. That was SO embarrassing! If the Foal Free Press ponies saw that, I'd be Ponyville's laughing stock for weeks! I was on the from step of my house now, and swung open the door. I ignored my mom and dad, who smiled and said hi to me. I ran straight upstairs and into my room. I then expirementally flapped my wings, like I had during the race. I went a foot in the air! In the race I hovered only three inches above the ground, but now I went as high as a foot? Something wierd is going on. And it is crazier than Pinkie being serious.

I gulped and decided I'd do it. I slowly turned my head, afraid of what I'd see, and shrieked.

"MY WINGS! WHAT'S HAPPENING TO MY WINGS?!"

"Yyoouuu wwwishhhedd ffor ittt, Sccootttallooo."

Author's Note:

Yay! I liked this chapter. Also I am not writing Bloomy's accent.

EDIT: Someone requested that i write Bloomy's accent, so I kinda edited it a bit.