• Published 26th Jan 2012
  • 1,709 Views, 90 Comments

A Change of Weather in Ponyville - MLPDavester



A unicorn from the town of Manehatten is accepted to Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns.

  • ...
4
 90
 1,709

Ch.9 - Tired and Jobless

Alright, let the temporary writing spree continue as the story has now finally moved to Ponyville. This chapter is meant to be a little more comedic as I haven't really had a chance to throw some fun little comedy sketches in. Hope everyone enjoys my latest chapter and the possibility of another one tomorrow depending on hos things go. :pinkiehappy:

~Sugarcube Corner, the next morning, the day before the Summer Sun Celebration~

“Ohh…my head…” Maghus groaned as he groggily opened his eyes, shutting them immediately as he was blinded by the late morning sun shining in from a nearby window. His head felt like a dozen Pinkie Pie’s were jumping on his brain and yelling at the top of their lungs while his chest burned hot as the sun. He sighed as he pulled himself up from the ground, rubbing his temples with his hooves as he stretched. “I am NEVER drinking five cups of hot sauce on a dare from Pinkie EVER again.”

Maghus slowly trudged over to the nearby table that had mysteriously ended up in the middle of the room. Since when did Twilight have a table in the library? He had only been in it for maybe thirty minutes talking, but he still had looked around at his new living arrangements. That’s when it suddenly hit him as to where he was. His head shot back and forth, looking at the storm of a mess thet had landed right in the middle of Sugarcube Corner. “Is this from last night?!”

Maghus groaned as he looked down at his wrist. The watch he had owned for the last 7 years read 10:45 AM. His wrist under the watch happened to sting a little too, he noticed, as the watch had an alarm currently set for 9 AM every morning. The watch was no order timepiece after all, it being the alarm clock he had turned into a cloud his first month in Canterlot. He had changed it into a watch for convenience’s sake, but apparently it didn’t help wake you from a hot sauce induced coma.

Maghus looked around slowly, noticing all of the decorations and food lying all over the floor, walls, and some on the ceiling somehow. What struck Maghus as odd was how there weren’t any other ponies there beside himself. Had everyone just left him there when he had passed out the night before?

“Now you’re awake you silly filly!” Maghus turned a little too quickly, clutching his head as another wave of dizziness passed, to see Pinkie smiling her trademark smile at the top of the stairs leading to where Pinkie and the Cakes slept.

“Pinkie…” Maghus groaned as he continued to rub his temples from her shrill voice. “…could you tone down the volume a bit please? My head won’t stop throbbing…” Maghus trotted over to a nearby couch as he curled up in the fetal position, wanting nothing more than for last night to have never happened.

“Now why would I do that when it’s the middle of the day and there’s sooooo much to get finished before the celebration tomorrow?” Pinkie giggled as she gave the couch a kick, knocking Maghus on to the floor in a heap. “It’s going to be so great! With streamers and fireworks and balloons and singing and…” Pinkie trailed on as Maghus looked up from the floor almost threateningly at the pink mare as he considered which form of magic to quiet her with.

His thoughts were quickly cut off by a familiar white unicorn however, as Rarity entered Sugarcube Corner and stare appalled at the mess in front of her. “What is all of this?!” Rarity finally shrieked as Pinkie finally stopped her list of things the next day.

“…and birds and the Princesses! Oh, hi Rarity!” Pinkie exclaimed as Rarity’s mouth hung agape looking at the mess in front of her, Maghus lying right in the middle of it. Pinkie then followed her gaze and giggled as she answered Rarity’s question. “Oh, that mess. That’s just leftovers of the awesome party from last night from when everypony left and the new pony fell asleep on the floor. Not a biggie.”

“Not a big deal?!” Rarity snapped as she turned to glare at the food and decorations laying everywhere, finally landing her gaze on a sheepishly grinning Maghus. “YOU! This is your doing! You came in here and made this…this…horrible disaster of a mess!” Rarity finished as she levitated Maghus to his feet rather forcefully, Maghus nearly falling back over as he attempted to regain his balance that was lost the night before.

“I didn’t do ALL of this!” Maghus snapped as he conjured up a small tornado that began to vacuum up all of the food and decorations. “But it makes sense that I clean it up since I was technically the last to leave.” Maghus sighed as he moved the small vacuum twister about with his magic, letting it linger on the places around the room that had more junk piled on them.

Rarity was completely caught off guard by his last statement and the small twister as Maghus cleaned the room. “H-how are you doing thet?” She finally managed to ask, her surprise very apparent in the way she spoke. “I have never seen magic of that kind before!”

Maghus smiled slightly as he turned the twister into a see-through cloud thet somehow managed to hold all of the trash inside of it as he levitated it over to the nearest trash can. “That’s because it’s not ordinary magic. Not even Twilight could use it if she tried.” Maghus then proceeded towards the door to Sugarcube Corner with his mind set on returning to the library immediately.

Rarity placed a hoof in front of him however just as he was about to pass her and leave. “And where do you think you’re going?” She was not about to let this new pony simply ignore her like that and just leave to go about his own business after appalling her in such a way.

“The library? Where else would I go to sleep?” Maghus replied, sarcasm practically dripping from his mouth as he spoke with a deadpan stare at Rarity.

“Not looking like THET you’re not!” Rarity exclaimed as he began to drag him with her magic towards the Carousel Boutique. “You’re coming with me to get cleaned up properly and so that I can make you a new outfit for tomorrow!” Rarity proceeded to open the door to her home with own hoof while Maghus struggled against her surprisingly strong magic.

“But I can just clean up at Twilight’s!” Maghus exclaimed as he looked in horror at all of the dresses and fancy clothing inside the store. “And I already have something for tomorrow!” Maghus dug his hooves into the ground as Rarity dragged him into the Boutique. He then yelled in horror to anypony that could hear him. “HELP ME!!”

Everypony that was within earshot sighed and bowed their heads in respect to the new stallion that had just been pulled into Rarity’s lair.

~Ponyville Library~

“Where do you think he is Spike?” Twilight asked as she paced amongst the bookshelves, a look of worry on her face as Spike sighed and shook his head.

“Twilight, you said yourself that he passed out last night at Pinkie’s.” Spike continued as he walked over to the purple mare, giving her a reassuring pat on the back. “He’s probably still out of it now from how wild he got last night with the dares and the dancing and everything.”

“But it’s already eleven in the morning! It’s too late for anypony to be asleep still with the Summer Sun Celebration happening tomorrow!” Twilight continued to pace frantically while Spike groaned at his failed attempt to calm her down about her missing friend.

The two of them were suddenly snapped out of it however when they heard a long scream for help come from in the direction of the Carousel Boutique. The two of them briefly shared a shocked look before quickly leaving the library towards Rarity’s home.

~Ponyville Square~

“Calm ‘yerself Rainbow!” Applejack said as she practically had to jump on top of Rainbow Dash to get her to stay still. “This panickin’ ain’t gonna help nothin’ when that storm comes. What’s so bad about this one anyways?” Applejack inquired her pegasus friend as she looked around frantically.

“The pegasi up in Cloudsdale forgot they had a big storm planned tomorrow so they had to move it to today so it wouldn’t ruin the celebration.” Rainbow Dash began to struggle against the rope Applejack had used to tie her to a tree to slow her down and explain. “But if I don’t warn everypony in Ponyville now then everything will be ruined anyways before tomorrow even comes. Now let me go!” Rainbow continued to struggle while Applejack just looked at her friend with a confused look.

“Well why don’t they move that there big storm to the day after the celebration? Makes more sense tah me then tah move it tah today.” Applejack continued as she began to loosen the ropes around her friend. “Besides, wouldn’t it be easier tah just send some pegasi tah that storm cloud that’s ah’ comin’ and just break it up?”

“We would if we could AJ.” Rainbow groaned as she finally puller free of the ropes. “But for one cloud this thing is impossible for anypony to get close to without getting zapped. They’ve already sent a few to try and move it, but anypony thet’s gotten close has had to take leave for the next few days from their injuries. It’s just not possible to stop it.”

“Maybe not fer any of the’ pegasi, but maybe Twilight has somethin’.” Applejack replied as she galloped off for Ponyville with Rainbow close behind.

~Carousel Boutique~

Maghus cowered in the corner as he awaited Rarity’s return and the continuation of his terrible punishment resumed. He had already been forced to go through four baths to make sure every scrap of last night had been erased from his body. He was a little scared at how soft his coat felt whenever he touched it. Rarity had been quite adamant about his cleanliness that it scared him a bit. This crazy mare belonged in one of those high society spas in Canterlot, not here in Ponyville!

“Maghus?” Rarity called from the room adjacent to the dressing room where Maghus was currently held up. “Are you still there?...Don’t make me come in there and make you take another bath…” She last the last word hang in the air a moment to allow Maghus time to let it sink in.

“I’m here! I’m still here Rarity! Not going anywhere! Nope! Not planning an escape or anything!” Maghus replied with fear in his voice. He glanced around the room, looking for anything he could use to undo these ropes Rarity had put on him to prevent him from leaving.

Maghus continued this for nearly ten minutes when he facehoofed himself in his stupidity. In all of the commotion, he had completely forgotten about his own magic in his fear. His horn quickly gained a light blue glow as he untied the ropes thet bound him and silently began to trot to the door that led to his freedom from this mad-mare. His freedom was quickly stolen however as the door suddenly burst open to two strangers wearing cloaks in the rain that had begun to fall on Ponyville.

“AAAHHHH!!” Maghus yelled as he backed away, his flank bumping into something soft. He turned his head to see Rarity, a confused look on her face and a measuring tape floating next to her head. “YAAHHHHH!!” Maghus quickly bounded over to the nearest corner, anxiously waiting for his final moments at the hooves of two mysterious ponies and a crazed fashionista. His screams of fear quickly turned into a look of confusion and surprise as the three figures in front of him all toppled over backwards laughing their hearts out.

“What the…what’s going on?” Maghus asked cautiously as he slowly moved towards the group, his horn glowing slightly in preparation for a surprise attack from any of the group in front of him.

“Oh…oh my…it’s too much…” Rarity could barely contain her mirth as she clutched her sides with her hooves in her laughter.

“I…I knew he was a goofball…but this…this is better than Hearth’s Warming…” the larger of the two cloaked figures gasped out in an all too familiar voice to Maghus.

“T-Twilight?!” Maghus exclaimed as Twilight magically lifted her’s and Spike’s hoods away from their heads while they caught their breath. “W-what are you doing here?!” Maghus couldn’t help but feel his jaw drop when his friend removed her hood to reveal her purple and pink mane and a smiling face of relief and joy.

Twilight cleared her throat softly as she wiped a few tears of from her eyes from her laughter. “Looking for you, you foal. You never came back to the treehouse after last night and I was worried you’d gotten lost.”

Maghus blushed slightly at the mention of her missing him. Twilight and Spike were completely oblivious, but once again Rarity caught the small sign of embarrassment as her curiosity about this stallion grew. She would have to poke into this a little in the future and find out the truth of the relationship between these two. She quickly turned to Maghus as she stretched out her measuring tape, beginning to take his measurements.

Maghus noticed the slight movement of the tape, and quickly backed away from it in a show of fear. “Get that thing away from me!” Maghus snapped as he instinctively covered his neck with one hoof. “Don’t even try to choke me with thet! I have magic!”

Rarity then proceeded to fall over once again laughing while Twilight looked at Maghus like he was some giant buffoon. “What the hay Maghus? It’s just a measuring tape.” Twilight continued to look at her friend with a confused expression as Maghus spoke his crazy thoughts aloud.

“Just a measuring tape?! She made me take four baths to get cleaned before I she dragged me down here! My coat has NEVER been this soft before, Twilight! Never!” Maghus motioned to his side with one hoof as Twilight’s face lit up with realization, which she then proceeded to facehoof herself as she turned to Rarity.

“What did you do Rarity?” Twilight asked her unicorn friend, who was slowly regaining her composure amidst her tears of mirth. Rarity giggled a little to herself as she replied.

“I don’t a have any clue whatever you’re talking about, darling.” Rarity covered her muzzle as she continued to giggle. “I just saw the mess he had made at Sugarcube Corner and then dragged him over here to get cleaned up and to make some fabulous new clothing as a welcome to Ponyville.”

Maghus jaw could literally be heard hitting the floor as well as the rest of him as he replied to this last comment, both mares looking at him in surprise. “What?!” Maghus exclaimed when he could finally find his tongue. “You put me through all of thet scary torment to get me cleaned up and suited?! Why didn’t you just ask?!”

Rarity cleared her throat softly before she proceeded to explain. “Well you were lying in the middle of the messiest room I had ever seen in years, and after you were about to simply leave after so politely cleaning up thet whole mess without a single complaint I had to do something nice for you.”

Maghus’ eyes could almost be felt staring daggers at Rarity as he got up from the floor. “Then why put me through that huge scare over nothing?”

Rarity laughed slightly as she finished. “Because it was hilarious, darling.” Rarity simply smiled as she proceeded to complete Maghus’ measurements, his jaw open and one eyes twitching, before retracting her tape and placing it on the nearby table. “There, all done. Your suit will be ready later this evening for you to pick up.”

Maghus regained his composure as he gave a defeated sigh. “Well no sense going back to bed now that I’m wide awake from that crazy mare…” Maghus groaned as he walked towards the door to the Carousel Boutique. He was quickly knocked aside with a bang as the door once again burst open, this time in his face, to reveal a soaking wet Applejack and Rainbow Dash whose eyes lit up when they spotted Twilight. Their looks of joy turned into looks of confusion as they noticed the worried look on her face.

The two mares followed her line of sight to spot an unconscious Maghus lying next to the open door, his back hoof twitching occasionally while he mumbled under his breath.

“What happened to him?” Rainbow Dash asked amidst laughter as she gazed upon the pony who had gotten revenge on her the day before with her cloud prank.

“It’s…hard to explain.” Twilight sighed as she trotted up to her two friends. She looked at the two of them attempting to catch their breath, obviously in a hurry to or from somewhere and proceeded to ask what they were doing here. “What’s got you two so out of breath?”

Applejack was the first to respond after she had fully caught her breath. “There’s a big storm ah comin’ and we need us a way tah stop it before it ruins everything for the celebration tomorrah’.” Rainbow simply nodded her head in agreement as she recovered from her laughter at Maghus’ expense.

Twilight thought about the different options they had to stop the oncoming storm. She smiled as an idea came to mind, which turned into a frown as she glanced over at Maghus’ unconscious body. “I have an idea girls, but we’re gonna have to wait a little bit before we can do anything about that storm.”

The three mares all looked at Maghus, anxiously awaiting his return to the land of the non-sleepers. He was completely oblivious to the current situation however as he dreamed of parties and dances and hot sauce filled cupcakes.