• Published 13th Feb 2013
  • 4,501 Views, 107 Comments

If I Could Turn Back Time - ShotgunNeko



It's been over 1000 years since the romance between Twilight Sparkle and Princess Celestia has ended. Now they can't stand each other. Luna cooks up a scheme that sends Celestia to the past in hope she can win back Twilight's heart.

  • ...
19
 107
 4,501

Twilight Knows! What Now?

Princess Luna stared thoughtfully down at her desk. Things seemed to be going according to her plans and now she knew it was time to initiate the next phase of the operation. Although her main priority was of course her sister's happiness, she was thoroughly enjoying this new use of her magic. Over the years and especially since the appearanc of dark Sweetie Belle, Luna had become quite dedicated to honing and perfecting her own craft of magic.

"Okay, I have a question." Sweetie Belle said, sauntering up to Luna's desk.

"Mmhmm?" Luna asked, not looking up.

"If you were sending Celestia back in time to repair her relationship with Twilight, then why did you send her back to the beginning of their relationship? It must have taken awhile before things took a turn for the worst, right?"

Luna looked up and sighed, motioning Sweetie Belle closer. The dark Alicorn smiled and jumped into Luna's lap, which subsequently landed them both on the floor. Sweetie giggled as she licked Luna's cheek while the Princess just glared. Finally Luna smiled and pulled Sweetie closer to her.

"You are too smart my little Belle."

"Ugh..." Sweetie cringed at the nickname but then smiled too.

"I wanted Celestia to remember a time when she and Twilight Sparkle loved each other. I needed her to feel the feelings of love, passion and trust that they once had for one another. I feared if we sent her right to the time that things went sour, she would lose her nerve. Celestia may hide her feelings well, but I didn't know if she would be able to handle that terrible time. I figured if I sent her to the time when things were good, she will remember what it is that she lost and how hard she needs to fight if she wants it back."

Sweetie Belle nodded, oddly silent as another approached the room.

"I couldn't help but overhear..." Cadence started.

Hearing Cadence's voice, Princess Luna quickly scrambled up from the floor, adjusting herself and pulling Sweetie up with her. Princess Cadence ignored the murderous glares Sweetie was sending her way for the interruption and continued on.

"Luna, I'm curious, has Celestia ever told you WHY she and Twilight broke up? Or how it was that it came down to that?"

Luna shook her head. "I only know the small amount of details that Tia has divulged. It's not much though."

"I was hoping maybe if we had that information then maybe we could be better equipped to help Celestia out. I mean, love IS my specialty."

"The only thing Celestia has told me is that she made a terrible mistake."

"Is there any way that you could re-create the memory of the night they broke up. Somehow piece together that last conversation? When Twilight and Celestia first parted ways, I tried many times to get Twilight to open up. Unfortunately my attempts were unsuccessful and eventually I gave up."

Luna sighed again. "It is impossible to recreate that memory unless I have seen it or lived it myself."

The three Alicorns were silent for a moment as they became lost in their own thoughts. If they had been paying attention, they may have noticed a dark purple mist swirling near the doorway. Before anypony did notice, the mist quickly evaporated and was sucked under the door.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Princess Twilight Sparkle sat quietly outside the door of Princess Luna's labratory. Her face remained unchanged for a few mere moments before a flood of emotion suddenly hit the Princess of Friendship.

Twilight, knowing her fellow Princesses were up to something, had followed them downstairs and decided to eavesdrop. What she had heard was unbelievable. She was having a hard time processing the information.

Celestia had travelled to the past? And what's more, she had done so to repair their relationship?

The first emotion that hit Twilight was anger. Who did Celestia think she was trying to change the past? She had her chance and she blew it. And why couldn't she just come to Twilight herself and say how she felt? Why was that so hard?

But as Twilight pondered that question, a bit of self-realization set in. Although she was supposed to be the Princess of Friendship, she knew when it came to Celestia that she had become cold. After their breakup, she had tried to stay cordial. She now understood why Rainbow Dash had always maintained that you could not stay friends with your exes, at least not right away.

As time had continued to pass, Twilight had grown colder and less willing to listen to anything Celestia said. She knew deep down that she had become unapproachable.


So maybe Celestia had a good reason for deciding to try her luck with Twilight of the past instead of the current incarnation. But what about the other Princesses? How could they be a part of this? And hearing them talk about her and Celestia's relationship like they knew something or could help was ridiculous.

More importantly embarrassing...

Twilight could feel her cheeks begin to redden as she thought about Celestia. Did Celestia really love her enough to go rampaging through time to fix their broken relationship?

As Twilight pondered her options with regards in how to handle this situation, a look of determination crossed her face.

So...

They wanted to see why she and Celestia had broken up? It was time to give her audience the show of a lifetime.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"So what's our next move?" Cadence asked, as Luna's horn began to glow.

"Now that Celestia has hopefully had a taste of how wonderful it was to be with Twilight, I will contact her and let her know I am sending her further into the future to correct her past mistake. It won't be easy for her and it will require alot of magical energy. Sweetie Belle I will need your help."

"Heh, taste..." Sweetie giggled like a horny school filly.

Luna rolled her eyes. "Concentrate please!"

"Yes Ma'am!"

Luna closed her eyes as the giant magical sphere to the past began to materialize. Cadence and Sweetie stood back as the glowing orb took shape and the portal Celestia had once used to transport herself back was slowly opened. As Luna was about to give further direction, the door to her lab was roughly shoved open and a fuming purple Alicorn stepped in front of the trio.

"Twilight!" Cadence gasped.

Twilight's eyes flashed angrily as her own horn flared up with magical energy.

"You wanted to see what caused us to break up?" Twilight asked through gritted teeth.

"Twilight, we just wanted to help." Luna started.

"Help?" the angry Alicorn scoffed.

"Please, Twilight give us a chance to explain." Cadence pleaded.

"Why? Why don't you all just travel backwards to an hour ago before I discovered you?" Twilight seethed.

"She makes a good point." Sweetie shrugged, waiting for a smack or a kick from Princess Luna, that oddly enough didn't come.

"You wanted a memory? Well here it is!"

A burst of energy filled the room as it was engulfed in a blinding white light.

To be continued...

Author's Note:

Hello faithful readers! It's been awhile! If any of you are still out there, thank you for continuing to read, comment and review this fanfic! To any new readers....hello and welcome. I am hoping to release another chapter by the end of the weekend as i have sudden motivation to write for Twilestia. lol ;)

Comments ( 26 )

3297024
3784102
3127266
3297720

Finally an update lol! and hey another one hopefully by monday!

You frigging troll!

No but srs, great way to grab attention back to this story after so long. I just wish I didn't have to hate you for it.

4443153 lol I figured it needed attention...I felt like this was one of my better stories and people seemed to like it...I have the next chapter almost finished...I am trying to write shorter chapters to keep me motivated :) thanx for sticking with this!

You really don't need to say 'to be continued' at the end of a chapter. It kinda takes away from the cliffhanger, not to mention, if you weren't planning on continuing, the story wouldn't still be marked as incomplete.

4443325 I suppose this is true lol :) it just became a habit from way back...maybe ill ditch it ..now that u mention it! Thanx

Welcome back! I briefly thought about unfavoriting your works after you said you would stop writing, but decided against it on the off chance you would keep writing after all. Looks like that was a good decision. This was an unexpected, but not disliked, addition to my unread chapters box.

4443384 you were going to unfavorite me? Lol I'm sad! Haha well I'm glad u enjoyed it! I actually just wrote a chapter to a different fanfic of mine and it was hard...it wasn't fun either....lol and then I got a few ideas for this and found it really easy to piece everything together the way I wanted it....I guess this means I shouldn't give up on my writing...look for a new chapter by Monday! Thanx for ur continued support!

4443405 Sorry. I tend to use favoriting as just a way to see when a new chapter is uploaded, and if you weren't going to upload any more chapters, then there would be no need to have it hanging around my favorites bar. I've done a couple mass cleanings since I came onto the site, but near all of yours are still there.

4443414 I was just kidding...that's the way I use the favoriting system as well..in fact I need to sort through my list too...haha

So I'm going to guess that the season 4 finale had something to do with this, right? Also, I like this story a lot and am glad that it's back! (I went from remembering nothing to rememberin everything in this chapter.) Good luck with it!

4456796 lol we will see...I was hoping for a bit more of a response from the readers but I can't blame them for forgetting about this lol I should have struck while the iron was hot haha...anyways I have another chapter planned and if it goes well then I plan to finish this :twilightsheepish:thank u so much for reading and reviewing

4450735 lol I don't know...I suddenly felt inspiration..but now that u mention it..I do keep replaying in my head the part where Celestia and the others sing to twilight lol :twilightsmile: anyways thank u for continuing to read and comment even with the lack of updates!

4458648

Your welcome. Besides, this is a great story, and as soon as I saw it in my favorites list as updated, I instantly recognized it. Stories are like that, and I know how it can be with inspiration. ...I still have three unfinished stories somewhere that I haven't touched since January. Anyway, I look forward to more!

:pinkiehappy: :pinkiehappy: ITS BACK YES! I'm so glad you continued this story cause I really loved it dude the new chapter was really good what with Twilight figuring out the plan to get here and Celestia back together and I can't wait to see wh they broke up keep it coming I love it

When is more going to coming ?

i like the story so far hope to read more soon

i know i commented on this chapter before and i am sorry to bug you i was just wondering if by any chance you know when you might post next chapter :fluttershysad: i understand that life can get in the way and i don't want to rash you or anything i just asking if you don't know that is okay and take your time on making a grate chapter:fluttercry: and happy holiday:twilightsmile:

Do you know when the next chapter will be up? What's here is great but I can't stand to leave it unfinished.

5393321
5402054

Hey guys thanks for inquiring about the next chapter. To be honest my computer broke and I have a hard time typing on my ipad....I am hoping to get some sort of keyboard case for it soon so I can type again. That being said I am not sure when I will be able to update the story....I have kind of grown distant from my writing in the past few months. I do appreciate that Uve enjoyed the story thus far and ur excitement for a new chapter makes me want to continue to write. I hope to get back to writing in January...but I can't make any promises. Thanks again for ur support and reviews!

5402880 no thank you for letting me know and have a grate day

5402880 yay!!! Good luck with finding a new laptop. Let's all hope that the Christmas shoppers haven't grabbed them all.

5402880 hay how's the new Laptop or PC hunt going for you hope it is going alright and i hope you have been having a grate new year hope to read a new chapter from this story soon and that you have a grate day:twilightsmile:

why you can't finish the end of this chapter I really want to know the end of this story!! :-)

5402880 hi how is the laptop/ keybord/ pc hunt going?

I like the ending of the story, but what happens after Twilight knows the truth that Celestia went to the past to fix their relationship.
She will be happy, because Celestia takes an interest in their relationship that one had.

What an interesting ending to the chapter, the story continues is wonderful and promises to be even better. He hoped to read the following chapters.

Login or register to comment