• Published 6th Feb 2013
  • 966 Views, 31 Comments

The Factory - The Dashie



Dash Johnson used to be your average brony, but after his adventures to Equestria, how "average" will he be?

  • ...
11
 31
 966

2. The Factory

When I wake up I have no idea where I am. All I know is that wherever I was it was dark and damp and very ominous. Then around me I hear booms and hissing and screaming, but the worst part of all, is I hear that retched song from my dreams: the song about the Rainbow Factory. I then hear some screams and crying and begging, “Please let me go, I’ll try better next time, but please let me go” to which I then hear a slicing sound and then silence except for the sound of the booms and hissing. Then it repeats again and again and again for about 20 minutes, and the whole time, somebody is singing that dreadful song. I look around to see that my eyes have better adjusted to the dark, and as I look around, I feel like I’m in a horror movie and I’m the helpless civilian who is about to be murdered. I see blood everywhere, posters that were advertising the Rainbow Factory, but were changed by what I guessed as one of the victims to where it originally said, “The Rainbow Factory; Everypony can help us” to which it now it only said, ”Help us.” This was so freaky and I was about to start calling for help, when a bright light shined down on me. I didn’t know who it was from, but obviously, they wanted me to be known to another person above them. When I looked a little closer, I saw that the person holding the light was a pegasus who was accompanied by a pegasus that looked like a mad scientist and, to my greatest horror, Rainbow Dash. She looked like she had been hit with water, but the water was rainbow-dyed.

I didn’t know how to explain this, but I had more on my mind at the time. Why was Rainbow Dash with these crazy pegasi who were killing innocent ponies for no reason? She was just standing there on the platform like she was amongst friends. “Run, Rainbow Dash, before they get you too. I don’t care what happens to me, just save yourself.” She didn’t even flinch at that plea. She didn’t move a muscle. “What are you waiting for? Run!” At this the Einstein of pegasi started to laugh. “She isn’t your friend anymore. She is under my control now.” I yelled back, “Who are you and what have you done to Rainbow Dash? For that matter, why am I in the Rainbow Factory and why are you chopping up innocent ponies for no reason?” He laughed again and said,” Well, well, well. Isn’t someone a little rash? Ok I’ll tell, but it won’t matter anyway. The person I am currently impersonating is Dr. Atmosphere, but you, Mr. Dash, might know me as Discord, god of chaos. When it comes to Rainbow Dash, I simply hypnotized her into doing my will. You see in her story to you, do you remember that after she got back was a blur? Well that was when I killed Dr. Atmosphere, and Rainbow Dash had seen me do it. She charged at me but to no avail. I simply captured her before she reached me and gave her the order to meet you at Ponyville, and while you were walking on the path towards Cloudsdale, I told her to bring you to the Rainbow Factory. On that note, how is it that you came to know of the Rainbow Factory?” I told him, “ I had once had a dream in which Rainbow Dash, when she was disguised as a teenage boy, had four copies of herself dropping from the sky and started singing about a place called the Rainbow Factory and that its where your fears and horrors come true and that not a single soul get through.” He smiled then said, “Oh that little jingle. I wrote that myself. Do you like it because I think it could use a little more death involved instead of just the basics of the factory.” “I think you’re out of your mind, which comes to the fact that you haven’t answered my last question. Why are you chopping up innocent ponies for no reason?” he smiled then laughed then answered,” Well, I won’t deny that we chop up ponies, but it isn’t for no reason. In your world, rainbows are explained as refraction of light through water in the sky, but in Equestria, we have different rules. However, that is a story I want to explain with visual sights and proofs. I would like you to see the factory, whether you want to or not. I want you to see every gruesome aspect of this establishment and I want you to be the first human to see it with their own eyes.”

As we walked by, he showed me every single aspect of the factory, from where the rainbows are made, to where they slice into the ponies and harvested some rainbow like fluid, which I’m guessing was what Rainbow Dash was splotched with. He then went on to show me where this liquid is produced and that is was called spectra. He then went on to tell me that it was the essence of the rainbow, or that curtain ingredient that makes rainbows colorful instead of plain boring black and white and that the only way to obtain it was through ponies and the emotions they have, “because,” and he stressed this, “spectra was the emotions of ponies but in a beautiful assortment.” Apparently, red represented anger, orange represented pride, yellow represented fear, green represented happiness, blue represented sadness, and purple represented greed. He went on to mention that in a most recent time, while he was alive, Dr. Atmosphere had discovered that humans could produce 3 times the amounts ponies could because of the resources they had around them, as he had learned under Discord’s control. “Then why did you kill him if he was doing exactly what you wanted him to?” I said in the middle of his explanation. He simply smiled and said, “Because he had found a way to resist my spell. You see Dash I can keep a man under my spell indefinitely and they can see what going on around them but only when I can entice them with a certain motive. For Dr. Atmosphere, that was the continuation of the success of the weather factory. He wanted the weather factory to be more than what it was. The previous method was gathering certain things that had the colors of the rainbow, but it was not giving the result he wanted. He would sometimes to go out into the field and help with the gathering of the materials himself. He would be spending days upon weeks and months to find a faster way to create rainbows, at which time I then proceeded to control his mind. It was only until Dr. Atmosphere resisted against it that I had to kill him since he was resisting. You see I can only hold the spell as long as the person is satisfied with what I am doing with their bodies and words. He didn’t like what I was doing so naturally I had to kill him so he wouldn’t leek about me controlling him. I know what you are thinking and the only reason Rainbow Dash isn’t out of my spell is because I told her I would kill you if she resisted.” I was curious to push that point. “So if she was under your spell, why did she need you?” “Oh I don’t know, she just loved this one human boy.” I was shocked. “What?” “Throw him away!” I was then carried away by Rainbow Dash, who, on a closer speculation, had cried a single rainbow colored tear.

Author's Note:

Finished this one just a few minutes ago. I think ill just post the new chapter when i finish them instead of waiting till Tuesday, and i think ill put in some facts about the story if it ever gets big. Anyway thanks for reading! :)