• Published 13th Feb 2013
  • 1,224 Views, 28 Comments

Frost and Flame - Snow Shard



Well were do i start? First of all, my name is Snow shard i'm a phoenix pony. phoenix ponies are rare to start with but i'm the rarest of them all a frozen phoenix pony. you might ask what is a frozen phoenix pony? Well do want to know?

  • ...
21
 28
 1,224

Frost and flame (Chapter two) the Feather [Fixed a bit]

Snow Shard: "Ugh sleeping in this rock feels...like sleeping, in a rock"...*face hove* Snow realized how stupid what he just said sounded. Whatever well it's morning now, guess i should go to the stream. And off he went. After a relaxing bath in the stream he began to walk back to his rock\house. When he heard something, he crouched down and moved in on it. It was a bunny? What is a bunny doing in Everfree? this makes no sense Snow thought. The bunny hoped around as if looking for something. The bunny was small and white with a black nose and long white ears it looked vary soft and well fed. That told Snow this bunny was probably not wild and had been someponies pet or something. Snow looked around the place to be sure nopony nor dangerous animal was around,then taking a step out of the bushes he moved behind the bunny without it seeing him. Also not a vary watchful bunny Snow laughed in his head.

Reaching out a talon he taped the bunny's shoulder twice to get it's attention. The bunny spun around in a panic eyes meeting Snow's, at first the bunny was happy to see something that did not want to eat him, then he saw Snow's talons and his eyes were as big as Snow's hooves in a second the bunny turned to run like Pinkie to a party when Snow grabbed him by the ears holding him up face to face. He panicked and attempted to escape but Snow's grip was tight
Snow Shard: "Hey cool it bunny i'm not going to eat you stop kicking." the bunny didn't stop in fact that made the bunny kick harder.

Snow Shard: "Some angel you are." Snow said sarcastically after he said that the bunny stopped, instead it looked at Snow in surprise.
Snow Shard: "Huh? what" Then the bunny smiled at Snow.
Snow Shard: "What is that your name?" He asked the bunny it shook it's head up and down.
Snow Shard "Irony. So your done kicking and all right?" The bunny once again shook it's head up and down.
Snow Shard:"Cool." Snow said as he put the bunny down.
Snow Shard: " What is a bunny doing in this ugly place?" The bunny made some movements and sighs to tell him that he was with his friend a pony that he has been with for a long time and maybe his best friend, going back from moving some frogs when they were attacked by timber wolfs and got separated as they made their escape and he was looking for her. Snow Shard: "Ah got ya well i got nothing better to do i can help you out a bit." Snow said as angel smiled,
Snow Shard: "You know where you two were last?" Angel motioned for Snow to fallow him and he did.

After a bit of walking angel stopped.
Snow Shard: "here?" Snow asked. Angel shook his head yes. Snow looked around the area slowly.
Snow Shard: "Hey angel were do you think your friend would go?" Angel put a paw to his chin thinking he then began to move around to tell Snow about Ponyville and that she would try to go there if she was in trouble.
Snow Shard: "Oh that place i know it, lets go" Snow said as him and angel started off, after walking for fifteen minutes or so they stopped. Looking out on Ponyville Snow saw the pink mare he had seen from time to time.
Snow Shard: "Hey angel go try asking that pink mare i will wait here". Angel gave a salute and hoped off hoping over to the pink mare he began to make motions again then the pink mare spoke.
Pinkie Pie:"Nope i haven't seen Fluttershy come back i thought she was with you. One sec" In a flash of pink she went all though the town Snow's jaw dropped as she ran through town.
Snow Shard: "She's fast!" She returned to angel.
Pinkie Pie: "Nope, no Fluttershy is she ok?" Angel began to sweat and nodded yes. Hopping back to Snow he started to bite a nearby stick in fear.
Snow Shard: "It's ok we will find her." Angel looked up at him and smiled worriedly. Gazing down at angel Snow said.
Snow Shard: "Ugh whatever lets do this." Angel looked at him in confusion before Snow grabbed him and put him on his back.
Snow Shard: "Hold on."

Snow had not wanted to search for the pony angel was looking for from the air, for fear of being seen but this was impotent. After running deeper in to the forest to decrease the chance of being seen by the ponies in Ponyville Snow took off flying around the forest and it was not long until angel saw his friend looking for him. Snow landed nearby and let angel off, angel smiled at him before hopping over to his friend Snow watched for second then he turned to walk off
Snow Shard: "Ow!" Snow's wing hit a low branch. Meh, nothing. Snow thought as he walked away before vanishing in to the forest
Fluttershy: "Oh angel where were you? I was looking everywhere i'm so glad your safe. Huh?" Fluttershy looked down to find a Feather.
Fluttershy: "Oh my, i don't think i have seen a feather like this before...i will ask Twilight to look at it later come on angel lets go back home." Angel had been eyeing a tree. He turned to her and they started back.
Snow Shard: "Well that's over." Snow said happily. It's mid day now got some time to kill, guess i will just practice. And he set off for his normal practice area.

------O---O------
Fluttershy: "Um excuse me Twilight but i um, i found this out in Everfree and I'm not sure what it is so, i thought maybe you would know something, you have all those books on animal species."
Twilight: "Sure Fluttershy let me have a look hmm...uh actually i'm not sure what it is myself, I've never seen this kind of ice blue." Just then Rarity and Applejack walked in with looks of concern that faded as they entered.
Twilight: "Oh hi Applejack hi Rarity why are you here?"
Rarity: "Well pinkie told me and Applejack Fluttershy was missing so we came to see if you had seen her and seeing as she is here it seems all is well." Rarity said smiling.
Fulttershy: "oh yes i'm fine".
Applejack: "well that's good ta hear." Applejack said smiling.
Twilight: "but she did bring back this strange feather and i'm not sure what it's from, actually i think i have seen something like this before on Philomena the Princesses pet Phoenix but I've never heard of a blue Phoenix before. Do you know what this means!?" Spike taking note of Twilight's expression knew it was one of those times.
Spike: "Oh boy." Spike said under his breath while the others looked at Twilight.
Twilight: "This may be a new kind of Phoenix just think if we discovered a new species we would be able to write our own book!" Spike shook in thought of how long a book by Twilight would be.
Spike: "Oh no" the dragon said."
Rarity: "And think! when it shed it's feathers i could make the most amazing head peace from them." Rarity chimed in
Applejack: "Aw what the hey could be fun."Applejack agreed
Applejack: "Fluttershy how long ago you say you found that there feather?"
Fluttershy: "Oh only 15 minutes or so why?"
Applejack: "Well if we give that feather to Winona i bet ya she'd find that critter."
Twilight: "Good idea Applejack Fluttershy could you go get Rainbow dash an eye in the sky could make things easier"
Fluttershy: "Sure"
Twilight: "Good i will get some equipment and meet you girls at Fluttershy's house"
Applejack:"I'm gonna get Winona" Applejack joined in
Rarity: "And i shall fetch a hat" Rarity said as they all split off. sometime later they all met at Fluttershy's
Twilight: "Ok everypony ready?" Twilight asked.
"All set" said Applejack
Rarity: "Let us begin" said Rarity
Rainbow dash: "Oh yeah lets go!" a pumped Rainbow dash joined
Fluttershy: "yay~" said Fluttershy
Twilight: "ok lets go" Twilight smiled.

-----O---O----

Snow sat on a cliff. Practice had gone well he had perfected on two of his tricks and now was relaxing in the sun. This had been a good day so far it was strange to see angel before, but all and all he seemed cool. He then closed his eyes to think on the day and to calm the odd feeling something was about to happen.

----O---O----
Applejack: "Got it Winona? good girl, go find it." Applejack and the others fallowed behind winona until they came across a large bolder with a hole in it
Applejack: "The trail leads here that hole's bit high up Rainbow see if ya can get in there."
Rainbow dash: "Will do." Rainbow flew up and in to the hole after a minute dash came out.
Rainbow dash: "Yeah something was living here."

Applejack: "Winona can ya find the critter that lives here?"
Winona: "Arf." With that winona started off. walking this deep in the Everfree forest was getting dangerous luckily they had Rarity's comments on the heat and humidity of the forest to keep them going, away from her. Winona stopped. Looking around she barked, that let Applejack know that what they were tracking was near.

----O---O----

Applejack: "Over here winona?"
Winona: "Arf." Snow could hear, voices? Have i finally gone crazy? \
Applejack: "Alright ya'll it's somewhere around here keep your guard up." No they are real. Snow backed up slowly until he vanished in the forest he then silently moved around to the source of the voices. Looking out at them he was confused. Snow Shard: "Why are they here?" He whispered, he then saw the pegasus he saw before with angel. That made more questions rise in his mind but all of them faded when he saw the cowpony give her dog one of his feathers. he slipped back in to the forest undetected.
Snow Shard: "They're here for me why?" Damn knew i should have looked more when i hit that branch. When he saw them Snow had taken a good look at them all: The lavender unicorn may be a small problem, The cowmare has a strong kick don't want to fight if i can avoid it, The other unicorn is watchful she may be the one with the highest chance to see me besides that dog, and the rainbow mane one is fast in the air and smart thank the moon they don't have the pink one. Should be easy to get away as long as i avoid them. He started making his way around them when he overheard the unicorn say Twilight: "So it's somewhere around here like, this area?"
Applejack: "Yeah why ya ask twi?"
Twilight: "I may be able to find it if i use a locating spell i couldn't before because it was to far away but i may be able to find it if it's in this area."
Applejack: "Well be my gust." the cowmare gave her the feather. This made Snow's hart race as he realized he had seconds to get clear of an unknown radius.
Snow Shard: "I knew that unicorn was a problem." He whisperer angrily. Suddenly everything around him flashed a lavender color and she said
Twilight: "over there" pointing right at Snow Shard's location.
Snow Shard: "Oh boy." Snow said sarcastically
Twilight: "Ok girls quietly we need to surround it." They began quietly making their way over moving in around the bush.

No choice Snow thought.
Then the bush began to glow in a blue light blinding the ponies. With one eye open twilight saw the bush begin to freeze. In a second Snow shot out of the bushes covering his body in blue flame so they could not see him. He took to the air at full speed. Once the stunned ponies could see again Applejack was first to speak
Applejack: "Rainbow get after it it's flying away"
Rainbow dash: "Not as fast as me!" Rainbow dash yelled as she flew after it. Snow looked back and he knew they would send her, the Rainbow one. Still cloaked in his flame Snow was like a comet flying though the sky
Rainbow dash: "Hey get back here!" He heard the pegasus yell at him. She's catching up but not fast enough. Going faster he grinned, but she quickly caught up both going full speed now Snow was to focused on the pegasus next to him causing his flame cloak to fade. Rainbow looked at him and gasped, his wings were different then her own of any pegasus to be exact and he had claws but most of all she thought. I'm not chasing some bird?
Rainbow dash: "Hey who are you!" She yelled at him as he made a flip going down she changed direction to fallow him but then he flew forward spinning. his blue flame firing from his wingtips making a spiral. She slowed to avoid the fire, there was his chance he flew forward with all he had speeding past Rainbow she chased him but an explosion of blue fire shot forth. After re-gaining her eyesight she shot forward looking for him Snow looked up as the rainbow maned mare flew off. He had dropped to the ground using the explosion as a decoy.

He turned around and walked away. She almost had me good thing i have been working on that one. He thought proudly. Flutershy: "Squeak."
Snow Shard: "Huh?" Snow looked down to see the cream colored pegasus from before
Snow Shard: "But..but..we..were..how did, you catch up?!"
Flutershy: "What? OH my, i'm sorry i didn't mean to bump in to you like that. Oh, are you that pony that Rainbow dash was chasing?"
Snow Shard: "Yes i am who are you. And Rainbow dash is her name huh?"
Flutershy: "Oh um i'm sorry my n..name is Fluttershy, and that was my friend Rainbow dash."
Snow Shard: "Fluttershy huh? Well you live up to it."
Flutershy: "Huh?"
Snow Shard: "Nothing, so why are you here? Fluttershy."
Flutershy: "Oh um my friends were chasing you but i, got lost."
Snow Shard: "Oh." So it was pure luck? you are like super lucky.
Snow Shard: "Well i guess i will be going i need a new house now, again."
Flutershy: "Oh wait please."
Snow Shard: "What?"
Flutershy: "My friends really seem to want to meet you, would you if it's not too much trouble, consider coming to meet them." And as she said that she walked over and looked up at him with huge. Eyes she was so cute Snow felt his hart cry.
Snow Shard: "Ugh fine."
Flutershy: "Yay." She said with the cutest and happiest look. Snow fallowed her while making a mental note to hug her at some point.

Applejack: "Were is it?" Applejack asked an angry looking Rainbow dash.
Rainbow dash: "He got away." She said angrily.
Applejack: "From you?"
Rainbow dash: "Yes!"
Applejack: "Ha ha first one to get away huh?"
Rainbow dash: "Oh shut up!" Fluttershy walked over to her friends with a smile
Flutershy: "Girls I-"
Rainbow dash: "Not now Fluttershy we need a plain." Rainbow stated.
Applejack: "Right." said Applejack.
Applejack: "Twi can you use that spell again?"
Twilight: "It only works in a 1 mile radius and i can't just keep using it all over the forest."
Flutershy: "Um girls."
Applejack: "Ok i can see if Winona can pick him up again."
Flutershy: "Um girls-"
Rarity: "Whatever gets us out of this forest the fastest is fine with me." Rarity whined. Snow shard stepped next to the cream pegasus
Snow Shard: "I got this." He spread his wings and let out a burst of blue flame that lit the area at the same time Twilight, Rainbow dash, Applejack, and Rarity let a
Applejack, Twilight, andRarity: "AHH!" Fluttershy cleared her throat
Flutershy: "I found him."
Rainbow dash: "Buh...but h..HOW i, couldn't catch him."dash said stunned.
Flutershy: "I just ran in to him."

Twilight interrupted
Twilight: "More importunately who or what is he."said Twilight eyeing Snow Shard
Flutershy: "I'm afraid i don't know that." Fluttershy told Twilight. Rainbow was still sulking by a tree when Applejack said Applejack: "Well we could just ask him."
Flutershy: "Oh good idea um who and what are you?" Fluttershy said hiding her face behind her mane. Rainbow then came back from her gloom and said
Rainbow dash: "Yeah who are you!" Snow smiled as he started
Snow Shard: "Well first, faster then you." Rainbow grunted.
Snow Shard: "Well what do you want to know?" Twilight spoke first
Twilight: "What is you name. I'm Twilight Sparkle this is Applejack."
Applejack: "Howdy."
Twilight: "This is Rarity."
Rarity: "Hello there dear."
Twilight: "This is Rainbow dash.
Rainbow dash: " "Yeah hi." Rainbow said unhappily
Twilight: "And you've met Fluttershy."
Flutershy: "Um hi." Fluttershy said with a weak smile
Snow Shard: "I'm Snow Shard."
Twilight: "It's nice to meet you Snow Shard." Twilight said as if meeting a new friend.
Snow Shard: "Yeah you too. So obvious question why are you hunting me?"Snow asked.
Twilight: "Oh that hehe well we thought you were a new species of phoenix."
Snow Shard: "Well you're not totally wrong." Snow said now relaxing.

Twilight: "What?" Said Twilight.
Snow Shard: "I am a phoenix pony." He stated proudly.
Twilight: "Phoenix pony?" Twilight asked raising an eyebrow.
Snow Shard: " Yes the first of us was an alicorn his name was Lazarus. Princess Luna and Princess Celestia raise and lower the sun and moon, but King Lazarus was something far different he was the king of the three flames. He was a kind ruler and loved his ponies one time he even said he would give his life for them but all good things come to an end he was betrayed by his other half it's not just Luna that has a dark side, he fell to his darkness and became Black Blood the immortal a mighty and powerful force. He destroyed his entire kingdom in a night but with the rising of the sun so came Princess Celestia to do battle with him. Black Blood won the fight but Princess Luna stepped in before he could finish it. We don't know how but she made Black Blood waver and when he did the king took back his hold seeing his kingdom destroyed his ponies dead knowing he had done it he came through on that give his life thing he broke off his own horn and stabbed himself letting lose his power reviving his ponies but they were different they had been given the power of the three flames they became the first phoenix ponies. The three flames were heat the first flame the power to destroy all in your path or protect all before you, the second flame the flame of earth a green flame that can control the force of nature it's self, and the third flame of ice a blue flame that is so hot it freezes all. Fire phoenix ponies the power of heat have the most flame power the their flame will outlast any, the earth phoenix ponies like your earth ponies are physically stronger from berth and ice phoenix ponies are the rarest once in generation. We're faster then the others.

Twilight: "Wow." Twilight said standing still.
Twilight: "So were are the other phoenix ponies?"
Snow Shard: "I'm the only surviving phoenix pony last of my kind the kingdom was destroyed." Snow said his voice no longer containing any trace of happiness.
Twilight: "What? you're really the last of your kind how did it happen?"
Snow Shard: "That i don't know."
Twilight: "Do you not remember?"
Snow Shard: "Something like that."
Twilight: "Well if what you said is true, come with us."
Snow Shard: "Why?"
Twilight: "Well if your the last of your kind and your living in Everfree this place is not safe and if you die that's it for your kind."
Snow Shard: "I have lived out here for years i will be fine."
Twilight: "I can't just leave you here."
Snow Shard: "Why not."
Twilight: "Because if your the last of your race that makes you a diplomat."
Snow Shard: "A what now?"
Twilight: "A diplomat and that means as a citizen of Equestria and princess Celestia's student i have a duty take you to the royal palace."
Snow Shard: "What?!"Snow said jumping back eyes wide.

Author's Note:

Hope you all enjoy i wound up spending half the day on this. I have new found respect for writers. Well you asked i gave that's the history of the phoenix ponies hope you liked it. Ok made some changes thanks to an idea from Snowfyre thank you.