• Published 2nd Feb 2013
  • 2,099 Views, 36 Comments

P.A.T.A. Ponies Against Twilight the Alicorn - Ficta_Scriptor



Twilight's Princess Coronation has gone without a hitch, but it seems not everypony is too happy about that fact... Cue the radical new group, P.A.T.A. [[ NOT a Twilicorn hate fic! ]]

  • ...
25
 36
 2,099

Finale - Everything is going to be just fine

Finale – Everything is Going to be Just Fine

Twilight flew to Canterlot as fast as she could manage, with her ever loyal assistant clinging to her back. Despite having to deter pursuing pegasi with a smoke screen spell, the two made it safely to Celestia’s palace through a secret entrance on the underside of Canterlot city.

As the alicorn swerved her way around the secret passages, she eventually saw a bright light, signalling that she was just below the main hall. She sped up, bursting through a vent in the hall’s floor to see Celestia waiting for her.

“Twilight, I’m glad you’re here. Finally, we can put an end to this.”

The lavender alicorn nodded, dropping Spike from her back and readying herself. “I believe that the citizens of Canterlot will listen to me if I tell them how I feel.”

Celestia smiled nervously, her eyes glancing at something — or somepony — at the opposite side of the room. Twilight turned to where her mentor was looking and saw… herself. Walking towards her was somepony who looked exactly like her, except for one detail. This pony was a unicorn.

“Princess Celestia, I don’t understand!” Twilight wailed.

“There’s been a change of plan,” The Princess of the Sun declared. “I knew that you might be against it, but alas, this is for the greater good.”

“Hello!” the unicorn greeted in Twilight’s exact voice. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Princess Twilight. I’m your biggest fan!”

“Who are you?” Twilight asked.

“This is Changelina, one of my changeling associates. She’s studied you for many years, learning your behaviours, your mannerisms and your spells. While she’s not quite as adept with magic as you are, she is still reasonably strong.”

“But Princess! Why do we need her? What’s going on?”

Celestia’s smile turned into a more serious expression. “Your recent coronation has not only resulted in city-wide riots and heinous acts of vandalism. More importantly, the EDP has been adjusted down by 2.9% in just the past week. There simply hasn’t been anything like it in recorded history.

“You see, Twilight, Equestria needs economic growth to survive. Think of the various provinces that Equestria associates itself with as hubs. Each of these hubs in turn needs to keep economic harmony throughout the world. So this network of hubs — a ‘Hub Network’ if you wish to call it that — has been distorted by your recent ascension. Our benefactors have insisted on a decision which we — the ‘Hub Network’ if should so call us that — need to comply with. Money makes the world go round, Twilight. Changes need to be made.”

“But you said it was my destiny to be a Princess!” Twilight cried.

“Indeed it is, and so you shall continue to be. It’s handy to have another immortal around to rule Equestria if something went wrong. However, as far as the public is concerned, your Princess-hood is something that must be cast out. So my solution is simple. Changelina will announce herself as the ‘new’ Twilight, and everypony will be told that you’ve been turned into a unicorn again. As for you, you shall still be a Princess, but you shall work from behind the scenes. Perhaps once Changelina dies you can reveal yourself to the public, but that is yet to be decided.”

“How can you do this!?” Twilight screamed. “This shouldn’t be my destiny! You can’t lie to everypony!”

“How did you think this country was run? Dearest Twilight, you have so much to learn about this world. You see, the draconequus was right. Pony-kind’s judgemental nature will inevitably lead to annihilation. So in order to save this planet, I had to trick it. With the greatest practical joke in equine history.”

“Fooling millions!”

“To make billions. A necessary crime.” Celestia charged her horn, forming an impenetrable barrier around Twilight and Spike with her magic. “I will give you some time to think about what’s best for the good of this world. Changelina?”

“Yes Princess?” the changeling asked.

“We have some preparations to make before your big speech.”

The unicorn Twilight smiled at her ‘mentor’, following her through to the next room. As the door slammed shut, Twilight tried desperately to break free from her magical binds, charging her horn and trying to blast her way out. However, all attempts were futile, as Celestia’s spell had somehow sapped her magical abilities.

“It is a shame that it has come to this,” came a voice from the shadows.

“Who’s there!?” Twilight called out, only for the figure to step forward and reveal herself as none other than Luna, the Princess of the Night. “Luna? You have to help me!”

“But Twilight, Celestia has left me here to ensure that you do not escape. Not that she needed to, however. For you to break free from her spell would be impossible.”

Twilight dropped her head, a tear rolling down her left cheek. Spike comforted her by clinging onto her neck and stroking through her mane. It did little to alleviate the sense of crushing defeat, however. “So it’s over?”

Luna took another step forward, a caring smile on her face. “Perhaps not.”

“What do you mean?”

“I too do not agree with Celestia’s decision. And yet, I do not agree with your decision either. I simply do not believe that the citizens of Equestria would listen to what you have to say. Their minds are made up, and I do not think that your words alone could possibly sway them.”

Twilight sighed deeply, another wave of disappointment coming over her. “So what could we possibly do?”

“We use both plans, Twilight,” Luna said matter-of-factly. “Perhaps in this one instance, two wrongs can indeed make a right.”

“But Princess, I have no idea what you’re—” Twilight stopped mid-sentence as the solution dawned on her. Slowly, a confident smile spread across her face. “I understand now. But Luna, I am going to need your help.”


In Celestia’s quarters, Changelina was rehearsing her speech, while Celestia ensured that her ‘student’ knew all the information about Twilight’s life that she needed. The changeling was adept in every subject, further convincing the Princess of the Sun that everything was going to be just fine.

“Delivery for Princess Celestia at the rear entrance!” called a stallion from behind the door.

“It’ll have to wait,” Celestia replied. “I am busy with very important matters.”

“But Princess, it’s a shipment of king bananas sent from the chancellor of Zebrica. According to the courier, these bananas have the widest girth of any bananas known to pony-kind!”

Celestia paused for a moment, furrowing her brow. “Wait here, Changelina. I will only be five minutes or so.” The Princess of the Sun sped off, giving a quick nod to the one-winged pegasus saluting her.

Cloaked by magic, Luna and Twilight stepped forward to reveal themselves once Celestia left the hallway.

“Thank you so much, Silverwing!” Luna exclaimed, hugging the one-winged stallion. “I knew that I could count on you! Why, you’re the greatest self-insert shipping OC in the entire world!”

The extremely handsome, well-natured, unrealistically seductive stallion with an appropriately tragic back-story, questionable erotic tendencies and penchant for staring wistfully into the night sky blushed, giving Luna a passionate kiss.

Meanwhile, Twilight burst into Celestia’s room, confronting her body-double. The changeling gasped, backing herself against the wall.

“Don’t worry, Changelina,” Twilight said in a soothing voice. “Everything is going to be just fine.”


Outside the palace, many of the protesters were huddled together as the night air grew colder, shovelling piles of alicorn Twilight fan fiction onto the fires. Many of them had not eaten properly in days, but they knew deep in their hearts that it was better to suffer needlessly than to calm down over a pony getting wings.

Slowly, the palace doors began to open, and the ponies got to their hooves, ready to pelt Princess Celestia with whatever objects they could find. As they began to shout angrily, their taunts died down in a few moments as out stepped Twilight. And next to her, stood… Twilight?

A series of murmurs began as both an alicorn and unicorn stood atop the steps, smiling to the crowds. In unison, the two ponies waved a hoof, the crowd falling silent. The alicorn stepped forward.

“Ponies of Equestria! You all know me as Twilight Sparkle. I am aware that my recent ascension has upset many of you. You believe that this is the wrong decision. You have put forward your opinions that you wish for me to stay as a unicorn, and for everything to remain as it was.

“There have also been some who have berated you all. They have called you selfish, called you whiners. And yet, I realise now you were all wrong.”

The crowd began murmuring in confusion at this perplexing statement, but Twilight quickly hushed them.

“If a world cannot decide whether I should be a Princess or a student, a unicorn or alicorn, then I ask this simple question. Why can’t we have both?”

The unicorn Twilight stepped forward to the crowd. “Hello everypony. I’m Twilight Sparkle.”

“This changeling will take my previous place at Ponyville library, and will do as I would have done if I had not been crowned a Princess. She has been taught to act like me in every single way. I will reside in Canterlot and see to my royal duties. If you do not approve of what I have become, all you need to do is treat this Twilight as you would treat me. I assure you, she is like me down to every last detail.”

A young stallion stepped closer to the ‘unicorn’ Twilight. “She’s right! Even the curvature of her flank is impeccable!” he called out, licking his lips.

“Okay…” the ‘unicorn’ replied awkwardly, prompting a string of laughter and cheers from the crowd.

“She’s just like the old Twilight!” cried a young mare.

Twilight smiled, placing a hoof on the ‘unicorn’. “I hope you will all treat her well. She deserves a chance to fulfil her role, just as I deserve a chance to fulfil mine. Whichever one of us makes you happy, that shall be the ‘real’ Twilight Sparkle.”

Many of the crowd began to tear up, wiping at their eyes before the protest leader stepped forward, bowing to the two ponies. “I hereby pledge allegiance to Twilight and Princess Twilight!”

Row by row, the crowd began to bow with acceptance, some of them sobbing with joy and embracing one another. As they rose again, this was replaced by a deafening cheer. The previously enraged ponies clapped their hooves together and squealed with glee.

“I’ve got it!” cried a young stallion from the front. “I should write a Twilight X Princess Twilight clop-fic! It’ll be just like The Princess and The Pauper, but sexier!”

“We should all write Twilight X Princess Twilight fan fiction!” cried a young mare. “For the good of Equestria!”

“For Equestria!” the crowd bellowed.

Twilight smiled to her changeling twin. “This is where we say goodbye.”

“Goodbye, Twilight Sparkle. It’s been an honour.”


Celestia watched in awe as the protesters dissipated, smiles plastered on all their faces. Behind her, a familiar purple alicorn approached, standing beside her on the balcony.

“I’m ever proud of you, Twilight,” said the Princess of the Sun.

“Thank you, Princess.”

Celestia chuckled to herself and gave a knowing look. “I wasn’t talking to you.”


Far below, a young unicorn walked through the streets of Canterlot with her draconian assistant. She paused for a moment, tensing her back as she tried to flex muscles that were no longer there.

“Are you sure about this?” Spike asked. “I think Celestia will figure it out at some point.”

Twilight smiled at her friend, breathing a sigh of relief. “Of course I’m sure. Like I said, everything is going to be just fine.”

Author's Note:

All this time, Biker_Dash was helping me replicate his OC, unaware of how I planned to use it... (OK, that's enough Watchmen references for one day)

Thank you my fellow readers! I hope you've enjoyed this silly little story. Did you like it? Well there are plenty more fics where that came from!

After some more crazed comedy? Have a read of 'And Make it Snappy!'
How about my take on a spoof brony documentary? Try 'Brass Pony: Cloppers'
After some romance? How about 'Pinkie The Match-Maker'?
Or perhaps you want something with depth and detailed characterization. There's always 'Legacy: The End of Harmony'

And remember, there shall be many more fics to come. ;)

Comments ( 9 )

I loved this fic you pretty much nailed the brony reactions. And you managed to put actual humor and a decent plot in the same chapter. I liked every chapter despite reviewing only this one

2148012

I am very glad to hear that. :twilightsmile: It makes me smile to know that I've written something that people have enjoyed. (I actually had to rewrite the entire finale. I initially wrote about an opposing group who enforced Alicorn Twi, but in the end it just wasn't very funny. So... I scrapped it)

P.S. Is it ironic that this fic has some of the most positive reception comments-wise but has the worst up/down vote ratio of all of my stories? :twilightoops:

2148012 .... My reaction wasn't like this. Sure i'm still pissed but i'm no shipper, which what most of these conplaints were.

Also this story in a nutshell. i.qkme.me/3qbvnx.jpg

2148078

Then just go on as if unicorn Twi is the real Twilight. :twilightsmile:

The main point I tried to make with that last chapter is that it's fine to love/hate Twilicorn so long as you're not an a***hole. I think too many people on the internet are basically saying "if you don't like Twilicorn then you're not a brony and/or you should STFU because you're stupid!" There is no right or wrong answer; it's all personal opinion.

Sure, I've taken the piss out of the haters in this fic, but if other people really don't like Twilicorn, who am I to say that they're wrong? If it wasn't for the idea that you're in a 'fandom' people wouldn't care if you stopped liking a show. And yet, places like memebase are filled with self-righteous ***** who think that liking Twilicorn somehow makes them a better person. :ajbemused:

2148176 Oh don't talk to me about memebase, i stopped going on MLB because of all those people. :facehoof:

2228950

Then you should be reading Equestrian Roulette and Brass Pony: Cloppers. :rainbowwild:

Honestly... PATA is only just above 'A bit nuts' on the Ficta Scriptometer. Even my upcoming fic 'Can't Sleep... Luna Will Eat Me...' won't register at 'stark-raving bonkers' levels.

This was a pretty funny read. I really liked how over the top you made the protestor and the song 'art of the press' really display why I hate those creatures and never portray them as nice people( and make them explode.)

I thought it was clever. Upvoted! :)

Login or register to comment