• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 3,128 Views, 1,893 Comments

Continuing the Dream - Blue Breeze



A certain wind controlling pony moves to Ponyville to finally live out his dream after eight years.

  • ...
7
 1,893
 3,128

PreviousChapters Next
Showing Dark Around

After dropping off Dark at Twilight's, I start making my way home. As I walk, I start thinking. 'I'm surprised Dark actually listened and didn't try to kill Ice. Is Twilight actually getting through to him already?'

I stop thinking as I reach my house and walk inside. "Ice doing okay?" I ask Zeph and Drax.

"Yeah, he's fine." Zeph answers.

"Huh? What happened?" Ice asks as he comes to. His eyes shoot open as he remembers what happened. "Where's Dark?! Who won?!"

"Nopony won. You both knocked each other out at the same time." I answer.

"Aw man." he says in defeat. "I'll get him next time!"

"Just calm down there, tough guy. I know you don't like him, but that doesn't mean you should get so worked yp when we should be trying to watch out for him."

"Yeah, I guess." he gets up and starts heading out. "Well, I gotta be getting back to work. You wouldn't believe how upset Bon Bon can get."

"See ya." we all say.

Now that that's done with, I could really use a nap.

The next day(I wish I knew how to do a better transition)

Today was the day I was dreading: Keeping an eye on Dark by offering to show him around town. Doesn't that sound like fun? ...Yes? Do you just like watching me suffer?! Whatever.

After getting up, I go down stairs to meet with the others. "So, how are you gonna be keeping an eye on Dark today?" Zeph asks me.

"*sigh* I'm going over to Twilight's and I'm going to offer to show him around."

"Ha, sucks for you." Ice says.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I can handle it."

"Like that time you said you could handle Fluttershy's chickens?" Drax says. Why did I tell them that?

I shiver. "I don't want to talk about it."

They all laugh at my reaction. Don't I have just the best friends ever? We go on to eat breakfast and they make jokes about me spending time with Dark. After breakfast, I leave to start going to the library. I make sure to go the long way.

I shortly arrive at the giant, hollow tree and knock for Twilight to answers it. "Hey, Blue. What's up?"

I try to put on my best smile. It actually pains me to do this. "Oh, I was just stopping by to see if I could take Dark around town and show him some places."

"Really? That's great to hear! I thought you'd still be pretty cautious about him."

"Hehe, I'm just trying to help welcome a new pony to town." I say nervously. Kill me now.

"I'll go get him." she walks back with Dark following.

Dark looks at me for a moment. "No way." he says.

"Come on, Dark. For me?" Twilight says with a smile.

He looks at her and exhales. "Okay, Twilight. For you."

"Glad to hear it." Dark steps out and we start walking off. "Have fun you two!"

As we walk, we look at each other in displeasure. "Look, I don't like this anymore than you do." I say.

"Then why did you feel the need to drag me out here?" he responds.

"While Twilight may trust you, I don't. So let's just try to make this as painless as possible."

"Ugh, fine. Just don't get in my way."

"Wouldn't dream of it." I say jokingly. "First, I think I'll take you to Sugarcube Corner."

"Wait, isn't that where that crazy, pink pony works? I don't think I wanna go there."

"Just come on."

We make our way through town and to Sugarcube Corner.

We walk in to bbe greeted by an always estatic Pinkie Pie. "Hey, Breezy! Hey, Lighty!"

"Lighty?" Dark asks.

"Hey, Pinkie." I say.

"What brings you both by?" she asks.

"I'm just showing Dark around town. Thought we'd stop by here."

"Well you're both just in time! We made a bunch of free cupcake samples! It's a new recipe of vanilla and chocolate mixed together. Try some."

She pulls out a tray of the said cupcakes and Dark and I both grab one. I take a bite of mine. "Wow. These are good, Pinkie."

Dark spits his out. "Bleh! I never did like sugar." he turns around and goes out the front door.

"Sorry about him, Pinkie."

"Oh, it's fine. Not everypony can like everything. I'm sure he'll come around."

"I sure hope so."

"Well, thanks for trying the cupcakes anyway."

"No problem. See ya later!"

I head outside and catch up with Dark. "Okay, that could've gone better." I say.

"Any other annoyances you have planned?" Dark asks.

"Yeah, I do. Let's go over by Fluttershy's cottage."

"Whatever."

We start heading over there, Dark seemingly loosening up the more time we spend walking. We arrive to find Fluttershy watering her plants again.

"Oh, hi, Blue." she says. She then looks over to Dark. "O-Oh, h-hi, Dark."

"*sigh* I'm not going to hurt you, so just calm down." he tells her

"Oh, it's not that, it's just, um..." she starts to freeze up.

"Never mind." I interrupt. "Anything you've got going on, Fluttershy?"

"Oh, well, I was just about to feed my animals their late morning snack."

"Sounds fun. Can we help?"

"Say wha-" Dark says before I nudge him in the chest. "I mean, yeah, what he said."

"Of course you can help." she flies over and motions for us to follow. "Blue, since you're used to it, you can feed the chickens."

"Sounds good."

"And, Dark, you can help me feed the bunnies."

"Alright, I guess."

I start grabbing chicken feed and gently pouring it out of my hoof. The chickens come and starting eating quickly. They're actually pretty cute when they're like this. Fluttershy takes Dark over and gives him rabbit food to pour into a bowl. Dark pours it in, only for Angel to kick it over on to Dark's head.

"Why you little!" he shouts.

I notice him to about to lunge at the bunny and quickly gallop over to restrain him. "Dark, just calm down!"

"He's mine! I'm gonna wear his feet for good luck!"

Fluttershy steps infront of Dark and her gaze intensifies. The stories were true! I quickly let go of Dark as to not get caught by Fluttershy's stare myself. Dark just stands motionless under her gaze.

"You will NOT hurt my animals! You understand?!" she shouts at him. He slowly nods his head, barely able to even think. Futtershy stops starring at him. "Good."

Dark grabs at his head and rubs it. I go over to him and start leading him away. "I think we'll be going, Fluttershy." I say.

"Okay, thanks for your help!" she says as we walk off.

Dark lifts his head up. "What was that? I feel like my mind was just erased and then put back all at once."

"Fluttershy's friend told me she has this 'stare' that she uses on occasion. It apparently gives her full mental control over her victims."

"Ugh, I never want to go through that again."

"Well, I've got another idea. Let's go over to the Carousel Boutique."

"Ugh, I hate fashion."

"Stop your whining."

"I'm not whining, I'm complaining."

"Yeah, I think you and Rarity will get along just fine."

We walk for a bit(this is just so fun to keep saying) and arrive at the boutique. We go inside and the bell rings. "Hello, and welcome to-" Rarity starts saying before noticing it's us. "Oh, hello there, Blue, Dark."

"Hey, Rarity." I say. "I was just showing Dark around town. You got anything going on."

She gaps. "This is perfect! I was working on a new outfit when I realized I didn't have the proper model. But Dark here is just PERFECT!"

"No way." he says.

"Just do it." I whisper to him.

"No way am I modeling." he whispers back.

"I'll give you twenty bits."

He grins. "Deal." he looks at Rarity. "Okay, so what do I need to do?"

"Just up on the platform over here, and I'll do all the work." she tells him.

"Well, you two do that. As for me, I'll be back later." I say before leaving.

One hour later

I walk back inside the boutique to see how things are going. "So, how was i-" I stop as I notice Dark wearing one of those male ballet dancer outfits. I burst out in laughter.

He growls. "Blue, I'm going to kill you."

"I think it looks rather dashing." Rarity says.

Dark rips off the outfit and tosses it aside. "Screw this!" he leaves the boutique in a hurry.

I get back up and wipe my eyes. "Thanks for that, Rarity." I leave after Dark.

Rarity just sits there in confusion. "Why are things always so weird around here?"

I catch up with Dark. "It really wasn't that bad. *snicker* Come on, let's go to the cafe."

He sighs. "Good, I could use some coffee."

We make our way over there and go inside to meet up with all the others. "So, how are things going?" Vine asks.

"None of your business!" Dark shouts at her.

"Fantastic." I reply sarcastically.

"I can see that." she says.

"Your guys' usual?" Ice asks.

"Yep." I answer for us.

Dark and I take our seats, Dark sitting between Vine and I. Ice returns with our drinks and Dark reaches for his mug. As he reaches over, he knocks over Vine's cup and spills it on her *cough* crotch.

"OUCH! Hot hot hot hot hot!" she shouts. Dark just shrugs and grabs his mug. Vine glares at him. "Excuse me?!"

"What do you want?" Dark says to her.

"Isn't there something you should say to me? Something starting with an S?"

"Right now I'd like to say: Shut up."

She starts getting in his face. "Bad answer."

He pushes back in her face. "You wanna go at it?! I already took you down once!"

I get up and get between them. "Come on, guys. We can't keep doing this everyday."

"I'll stop if he says he's sorry."

"No way am I doing that."

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Before the fight continues on, a loud scream comes from outside.

Things just keep getting better and better.

Author's Note: What is the horrifying shriek all about? Will Dark learn to get along with everypony else? Will Vine get an apology from Dark? Find out all this and more on the next episode of Dragonba-*whispers* What? *whispers* That's the wrong show? *whispers* This isn't even a show?! WHAT THE FU-*message ends due to "technical difficulties"*.

PreviousChapters Next