• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 3,128 Views, 1,893 Comments

Continuing the Dream - Blue Breeze



A certain wind controlling pony moves to Ponyville to finally live out his dream after eight years.

  • ...
7
 1,893
 3,128

PreviousChapters Next
Bad Dog

Author's Note: I don't know why I'm putting this here. I think my brain is just programmed to keep putting these in at this point, even if there's really no reason for it. Oh well. On with the story!

Remember how I said unless something unexpected came up there'd be zero chance of us not living through this? Yeah, I'm really kicking myself for that right now. I don't even know why though. I think I should be kicking myself for forgetting something that was this obvious.

After Celestia knows how long, we had finally reached back up to the top of Tartarus and escaped from it. Only, we're not out of the woods just yet. As soon as we escaped, we were met with a twenty foot tall three-headed dog that could easily make us its new lunch if we're not careful.

We try to slowly back up as Cerberus approaches us, its mouths open and their lips. We are stopped as we reach up against the closed gates. Um, weren't those just open?! Oh Celestia, why?!

We all glance back at each other, all a bit worried. Graze and I can barely walk on our own, let alone fight something like this. This is not good.

The guards off in the distance look at each other worriedly. "What are we gonna do, Ralph?"

"I don't know, Frank." he says. "There's no way to contact the princess and the fly back to Canterlot would take too long. And we definitely can't fight or even stun that thing like the princess could."

"Ah, geez. Looks like they're on their own here."

The finest in Equestria here, folks. Aren't you glad these are the guys we need to rely on to keep Equestria safe? Luna, I hate our government.

We all stand under Cerberus, trying to think of what to do. "So, anyone got any bright ideas now?" Ice says.

"I say we just put it down." Dark says.

"We still need it to guard Tartarus, dummy." Vine speaks up. "You already killed one important entity."

"Then what are we supposed to do?"

"I don't know. Blue and Graze are too hurt to help fight here."

"I resent that remark." I say.

"Agreed." says Graze.

"Hey, I've got it." Dark says. "Rhino, you're good with animals. You deal with it."

"Say what?! I can't handle this!" he shouts.

"Sure you can." Dark takes Graze off his back and gives him to Orion. "Here, hold this."

Orion looks at Graze. "Um... okay?"

Dark takes Rhino and pushes him out front. "Don't worry, big guy. You got this." he quickly runs back, leaving Rhino alone.

"Dark, wait! I don't feel too comfortable about this! This isn't what I was trained for!" he shouts back. His protest is interrupted as Cerberus growls, getting his attention. His eyes widen before he nervously grins. You can see the sweat pouring down his face. "Hey, big fella. Aren't you a good doggy? Does doggy want a treat?" the heads start drooling as they look at him. His eyes go wide again. "Okay, poor choice of words."

The massive dog rears its necks back as it gets ready to bite down. Drax gets an idea just before it bites though. "Sorry about this, Blue."

"Wait, what are you do-" I'm cut off as Drax throws me off of his back and onto the ground.

Drax grabs Rhino's tail and pulls him out of the way just before Cerberus bites down on him. With the dog's head right up close now, Drax brings a hoof back before delivering a strong hook to its nose, making it yelp and rear back in pain.

"You know I could've just teleported away, right?" Rhino asks Drax.

Drax freezes as he realizes that. "Oh, yeah. I forgot about that."

"And what the buck was that with throwing me?! My sides are on fire!" I shout as I slowly get up.

"Sorry, I was just going off instinct there."

"Well, I think your instinct only made it mad, look." Glare says, pointing at Cerberus. We look up at the beast to see its eyes bloodshot and nearly bulging out of its heads from anger. It's also snarling and foaming at the mouths.

"Hehe, oops." Drax rubs the back of his head.

Way to go, Draxy boy.

(Extra Boss Battle: Cerberus. BEGIN!)

"Everypony, get out of the way!" Glare announces.

Cerberus goes in to bite all of its heads at us, but Drax picks me back up and we all jump out of the way just in time. The beast gets its heads back and tries to go in separate directions due to us splitting up, but the heads end up hitting each other as they pull back into place. They eventually get their focus back after a moment.

"I'm going in!" Zephyr shouts.

"Be careful, Zeph. I wouldn't recommend flying in this one's eyes." I say.

He rolls his eyes before taking off to Cerberus. Zephyr starts buzzing around Cerberus, much like he did Stallord. Each of the heads tries grabbing at him, looking to either make him a new chew toy or an appetiser.

With Cerberus distracted, Ice decides to use this opportunity to slip up the carnivorous canine. He freezes the ground by one of Cerberus' paws, making him stumble over.

"Looks like this is my time to shine like a star." Orion says.

"Why is everypony trying to take my job as the bad pun maker." I say.

"Think of it more as material for later, Blue." Rhino suggests. Hmm, he's got a point there.

Orion takes off with his star streak behind him and slams hard into Cerberus' side, knocking it to the ground hard. Though that knocks Cerberus down, it doesn't do it for long as the huge dog gets back up.

"Let's see you get back up from this!" Dark yells out. He flies up in the air before charging up some grenades. He throws them down, but Cerberus manages to swipe them right back with a paw. Dark's eyes go wide in surprise. "Oh buck."

*BOOM*

The grenades explode at him, making him go flying right into a cliffside. A few of us rush right over to him.

"Dark, are you okay?" Ice asks worriedly.

He rolls his neck around. "The lightning part didn't hurt, but the being thrown against the wall by the blast did."

"Don't you worry, buddy. We'll get that big mobo." Drax says.

"I'm glad you think so Drax, because I have an idea." I say with a smirk.

"Oh boy, that can't be good."

"Just hear me out. I want you to throw me at Cerberus, and Rhino, I want you to use Res to cut down the friction around me to lower the wind resistance."

"I don't know, Blue. That sounds dangerous." Rhino says.

"I say we go for it." Graze says, jumping into the idea. "I want you guys to throw me too."

The others exchange some looks before going with it, knowing full well there's no talking us out of it.

Drax picks me up while Dark, Orion, and Ice get Graze. "Alright, steady now." I say. The others align us properly, taking straight aim at Cerberus. "FIRE!"

They launch us forward as Rhino prepares his spell, making his sail through the air much easier. Graze and I both charge our hooves as we get in close and deliver and doubly powerful blow to Cerberus' chest.

I like dogs, but boy is this one stupid. They say three heads are better than one, but not in this case.

Cerberus reels back on its back legs, but it shifts its weight as to not fall over.

Why am I suddenly regretting this plan?

With us now on the ground, Cerberus brings its paws down on top of us, crushing us from the waist down and keeping us pinned to the ground.

"AH! OH CELESTIA, THIS HURTS!" I scream. I actually feel blood in my mouth. Graze ends up coughing up a good bit himself.

Now I get why I was regretting this plan.

"Hang on, guys! We're coming!" Zeph shouts. As the others try to go in to help, Cerberus gives them a look saying "Come any closer and they die". They stop their advance from seeing this.

Luckily, Glare and Vine, who had been staying on the sidelines for whatever reason, stand behind Cerberus and out of its view.

"What are we gonna do?" Glare says. "They're gonna be crushed!"

"No, I have an idea, and I'll need your help to pull it off." Vine says.

"Really? Just say the word and I'll do it."

"Good. I need you to fly up and make a bright light. Quickly!"

"I'm on it." Glare unfurls his wings as he takes up into the air.

Vine gets up on her hind legs as she begin to charge up her hooves for something big.

On the opposite side of Cerberus, the others watch Graze and I in horror. That is, until Zephyr looks up to see something. "Hey! It's Glare!"

Rhino looks passed Cerberus to see something else. "Yeah, and Vine too!"

With Glare now high up in the air, he uses his powers to produce a bright flash, almost as bright as a second sun. The extra light from Glare makes Vine's glow intensify. A ball of energy forms in Vine's hooves as she gets ready to launch the attack.

"Hey, Cerberus!" she calls out. The huge dog takes its attention off us and turns around to her. "See the ball, doggy? Well, fetch this! Solar Beam!" she throws her hooves out as the ball shoots out a strong beam of energy. The beam takes a direct hit to Cerberus' chest, making the mighty beast keel over in pain

(End battle music)

And that's how you train your dog.

After all the fighting, the pain, and the blood, all the fighting is finally over. But our job isn't done quite yet.

Author's Note: Honestly, I have no excuse for the lateness of this chapter. I'm just really sick of writing these fight scenes and this Tartarus related stuff in general... After all, I want these things to be good, but it's become monotonous at this point. Thank Celestia it's just about over.

PreviousChapters Next