• Published 22nd Jan 2013
  • 531 Views, 0 Comments

Before the Throne: Prince Chronomancy the Stalwart's Ascent to Ruler of the Equestrian Empire - ATruelyTragicDeath



This is the retelling of Prince Chronomancy's life before he became a blue-blooded stallion.

  • ...
 0
 531

Book II: The Artifact

Book II: The Artifact

As Knowledge walked out out of the palace that day, he had to wonder, how am I to complete such an awesome task? He decided to start his search in the Black Iron Canyons, the source of all of the iron for the kingdom. He searched, and days turned into weeks, weeks into months, months into years. After 7 years of scouring the canyon high and low, he came across a cave. It was the only place he hadn't checked, so he went inside. It was dark, so very dark inside that he could barely see, when he saw a small purple light in the distance. I've found it! After 7 long years of hopeless searching, I've finally found it! He ran as fast as his tired legs would carry him, and he nearly face-planted when he tripped on a stone. He got up, regained his bearings, and this time, walked, or rather, limped towards the artifact. When he reached the artifact, he was almost immediatly bewitched by the strange, hypnotic energies that emminated from it. I...just have to...touch it...just once. I'm going to...I...must... And the moment his hoof made contact with the artifact, a great rush of knowledge rushed into his head, forbidden knowlegde on a forbidden magic. His head felt as though it might burst at the seams, and then, it stopped. Puzzled, he looked about, and, to his surprise, he could see in the dark cave. He knew that what he was using was called "True-Sight", allowing him to see past all illusions, such as darkness. But how did he know that, that was the question. As he contimplated this, he found that his body had changed, for his coat was no longer an age-stained sepia tone, but a steel grey, and his mane was no longer a disheveled mess of blonde, but a sleek, flowing silver mane. His eyes were different, too. Instead on their normal brown, (and this he found the strangest) they were silver, and the whites of his eyes were now light grey.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment