• Published 22nd Jan 2012
  • 1,545 Views, 14 Comments

Fear - SilverSpoon



Normal ponies have few worries and stress. Not you, however. Your life is anything but stressless.

  • ...
1
 14
 1,545

Prologue

Fear:



(noun)An unpleasant emotion caused by the belief that someone or something is dangerous, likely to cause pain, or a threat.

You've always had it. Buttoned up, somewhere inside your cruel, twisted body, waiting to get out and spread its infectious haze waiting to jump to it's next victim, before consuming them and spitting them out. Some can fight this madness, breaking out of its mist that engulfs you. Many leave the haze, but a piece of it still follows them, silently haunting that poor pony.

You were always different. Your mom always said so. You didn't care. You were born in Ponyville, and in your earliest years you lived in a small house on a large area of land. You roamed the land like you were the Princess, watching over all the creatures and protecting the little froggies and birds from the evil Count Catula. Your mom never liked you playing like this. She said it was "uncivilized" and "uncouth".

As you got older, fear was always present in your household. Fear another business would spring up and your family would lose their money and you'd be thrown on the streets.

Fear that when you were older, no pony would like you.

Fear that you were useless.

Fear of, well depression. You'd hear about those ponies who'd kill themselves, for no apparent reason. Mom would always get all hush-hush when they'd come on the radio and make you leave while she and daddy would talk about it.

When you were littler, you had no fear. But as you got older, you got smarter. But in your case, smarts didn't help you. They opened your pampered little eyes, exposing you to the real world, where no pony wanted to be your freind. Maybe because of your cutie mark. Maybe because of your last name.

Your fear, didn't show up until your later years. You had maybe one friend. Silver Spoon. No one really knew how much you hurt, except for her. You put on a mask for school only to protect yourself. Only you and Silver Spoon knew how mean teh other ponies were. Applebloom always judged people based on their cutie mark. You recall the first time you two met...

~~~~~~~

(Flashback from a few years ago)

You walked up to teh yellow filly, who was sitting next to two other foals. None had their cutie marks. Except for you.

"Hello!" You chirped, eager to make friends.

"Like, what is on your flank?" snapped a smaller unicorn.

"Oh, this? It's my cutie mark!" you reply, happy they noticed.

"Duh." the pegasus shoots back.

"Hey now, girls, we dahn't have ta be mean!" Applebloom says, giving her friends a look. "So, yah cutie mark is a tiara, right?"

"Umh, yes..." You say, while feeling slightly uncomfortable.

"What does it mean?" The pegasus asks, looking at you kinda funny.

"I make jewelry." You reply, hoping they'll inquire more.

"Tahts yur talent? Waht a wasteful talent! Mines gona be about apples!" Applebloom sneers.

Anger courses through your veins. Never has anyone insulted your jewelry before. "Well you know what? As far as i'm concerned, your still a blank flank! And you may as well always be because you have no talent!" You shriek. You look around you, growing more frantic with every glance. Ponies are watching you. Judging you. Hating you. All they saw was you victimize poor Applebloom, who now has started "crying". Your eyes sting with tears, and you run away before anypony can see you cry. School sucks. And you know what? It all leads back to fear.


~~~~~~~~

Fear. It leads to hate. Then sometimes death, and anger. You don't hate the Cutie Mark Crusaders, you just hate Applebloom.

You groan and roll over in your bed.

"It's just not fair!" You screech, and you throw a pillow at the wall.

You stand up and walk over to your wall of crowns. You made a custom crown for everypony you know! You have all their birthdays on a calendar so you know when to give them it. I care about the ponies i know... I even made one for Applebloom. You eye the yellow gold crown with rubies in the exact shade of Applebloom's mane.

You groan again, and your mind resorts back to fear.

Fear. It's slowly consuming you, eating you alive. No pony likes you. Your mind slips off to the realm of insanity.

"Get outta my head!" You screech at your mirror, which shows your reflection. You look at yourself, disgusted with what you see. Your usually prim and proper main is disheveled and messy. Tangles and snarls are present in your tail, and your coat is dirty and coarse.

"Moonshine!"

"Coming, Miss Tiara!"

You it on your bed, scowling at your reflection.

Where is Moonshine?

You hear voices outside your door. You walk over to the door and lie down, trying to hear as much of the conversation as you can. You hear your mom's voice, and Moonshine's. Sadly, you can only make out a few tidbits of the conversation. All you hear is "bitter" " so lonely lately" " needs social activities" "no friends". You roll your eyes. Same 'ol, same 'ol. Then you hear a word that makes your blood run cold. Suicide.

You back away from the door in a panic. Your eyes dart around the room. The walls begin to shift and change before you.
For God's sake, what is wrong with you Diamond?

You straighten up and blink a few times. The room goes back to normal.
Time for bed, anyway. Today has been weird. You climb into bed, and it's cold and empty.

Just like me....






********************************

This is just an idea, so please tell me what you think? Should I pursue? Yes, no, maybe so? THANKSSS.