• Published 17th Jan 2013
  • 331 Views, 2 Comments

Welcome to Ponyville - Beat Demon



A young unicorn named Din is sent on a special assignment to ponyville from the princess, but then the ponies begin to have nightmares, ponies go missing. Now partnered with Twilight Sparkle and her friends, Din must get to the bottom of the mystery.

  • ...
 2
 331

Roommates

“Spike!” Twilight called. She and Din had just entered the library which turned out to be inside a giant tree. “Spike! We have a visitor!”

There was a soft pitter patter as a small purple dragon with green spikes came into view coming down the stairs and peered over “Who is it?” He asked.

Twilight stepped back and gestured with her hoof towards Din. “This is Din, another one of Celestia’s students,” The dragon smiled and waved to him. “He’s here on an assignment.”

“Any clue what it might be?” Said Din, “all she told me was to come find you.”

Twilight looked at him and shook her head. “Nope, I just a letter informing me you were coming.” She turned around to face him. “How come I’ve never hear of you before?”

“Well,” Din started, but was interrupted by Spike suddenly doubling over clutching his stomach, then letting out a large belch followed by swirling smoke and green fire descending from the stairs and morphing into a pale bound scroll at Twilight’s hooves. Twilight used magic to unwrap the scroll and levitate it in front of her.

She began to read aloud: “To my faithful students Twilight and Din. I applaud you on your studies and the amount of progress you have made. It makes me very proud to have chosen two very talented unicorns as my personal protégé,” Twilight blushed at that. “The reason I’ve brought you two together is because a change of setting would be good for you, Din, and a fresh new face would open up some opportunities in terms of your studies, Twilight. It’s time my two favorite students finally met, and that you can both help each other in your research. Also, while Din is in Ponyville he will be staying at the library with you Twilight.” She and Din exchanged glances.

Din smirked. “Does this mean we’re, roomies?” He said the last word in a dumb girly voice while comically batting his eyelashes.

Twilight snorted and rolled her eyes. She continued to read: “Again, I hope you both share your knowledge and friendship. Best wishes, Princess Celestia”

“A new roommate huh?” Said Spike, who was now at the bottom of the steps and walking to where Din and Twilight were standing. “Alright, but you keep your hooves off my ice cream.”

Din chuckled. “You have my word; no harm shall come to your ice cream.” Spike smiled and seemed pleased with the arrangement.

“So,” Twilight began “about your room.” She said to Din.

“Yeah?”

“I’m guessing you’re going to need a space to continue your work.” said Twilight.

Din’s eyes widened in alarm. “My notes! All my research is back in Canterlot!”

Twilight glanced back to the letter. “Ok, easy buddy, it says: “P.S. Din, no need to worry about your research, it will all be transported to the library by my personal guard.” She raised her eyebrows and looked to the white stallion. “Man, those must be some pretty important notes.” Din let out a sigh of relief. Twilight rolled up the scroll with magic and smiled at him. “I kind of know how you feel.” He raised an eyebrow. “I mean, I would totally freak out if all my work was out of reach.” She added.

“Yeah I know,” Said Spike “spazz-attack.” He muttered.

“Spiiike…” Twilight said warningly.

“What, it’s true!”

She closed her eyes and sighed. “Let’s see if we can see if we can find a room for you to stay in.” She said to Din. He levitated all his stuff including the bag of apples, and went to explore the library in a tree.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment