• Published 14th Jan 2013
  • 710 Views, 5 Comments

The Sparkle Revival - Plistry



Applebloom needs help, and Applejack knows Twilight has the answers. Answers deep down in the family.

  • ...
0
 5
 710

Twilight. In the Lab. With a Flowering Book.

---[Log 2, Expedition 1]---

Dear Princess Celestia,

I’m breaking in on the most restricted area of the Canterlot Archives, breaking every known rule you imposed on Equestria. Watch, as your star pupil becomes public enemy no. 1. Hope you don’t mind!

Your faithful student,
Twilight Sparkle

Why am I writing this? Am I out of my mind?

I guess I am.

---[University of Canterlot]---

Applejack and I simultaneously exchanged glances as we stood in front of what seemed to be just the most amazing structure we have ever seen.

I mean, really. It was a magnificent three-story building which was as big as the castle grounds. Everywhere you look, busy ponies would fill up the view. Some of them walked, some talked, some compared notes and others where just chilling out.

“Let’s go in,” mom told us as she took a step inside the campus.

If it were not for my studies about friendship at Ponyville, I’d accept their scholarship offer to me years ago.

But hey, saving Equestria from danger must be much more important than going on a fancy university, right?

As we entered the main hall, there was not a moment we didn’t bump into another pony. It was crowded, even by my standards.

And I know what crowded means.

Mom lead us to a small door at the corner, leading down to a dark and narrow stairway.

“And where does this thing lead to?” Applejack asked with curiosity.

Except of answering her, she looked around, making sure that no one was following us. Contented of our privacy, she stealthily went inside the door.

“Hurry, before somepony sees us!”

“Mom, with all the ponies around, I don’t think this is lo-“

I wasn’t able to finish my sentence as she pulled Applejack and me forcefully. Behind us, the door slammed itself, filling the whole room with recognizable darkness.

---[Formerly Foshwerl Laboratory]---

We heard a door open and a switch being flipped. As the lights went on, the whole place was revealed for us.

It looked like an old laboratory untouched for centuries. Cobwebs covered every single corner of the room. The dust was almost intolerable as we felt it enter our nostrils every time we took a breath. Many of the equipment were covered with dirty sheets, silently telling us that nopony cared for this place.

It was the complete opposite of laboratory with hygiene.

“I admit the place needs a bit of cleaning,” mom said, levitating the broom to dust a table full of test tubes.

“It’ll take years to clean this place up!” Applejack complained.

I couldn’t agree more with her.

“We’ll only need a part of the place, so we need not fix everything. And besides,” she said as she levitated more cleaning materials. “we have magic.”

So then started Lab Wrap-up, one of the most exciting event that happened here in Equestria. We took out the sheets, dusted the whole place clean, removed the cobwebs from the ceiling and arranged every equipment and glass tube to a better place.

After an hour of manual labor, with a little mix of magic, the whole place became a more welcoming lab.

“So, what’s next?” I asked.

“Here, in this very lab, I have helped develop the spell that’s infecting your friend’s sister. I believe that Aeftrot created a counterspell for it. He always leaves a backdoor. It must be somewhere in his notes.”

“So that’s why we’re breaking in the Archives. But why not just tell Princess Celestia about it? I’m sure she’ll understand once she knows what’s happening.”

“Twilight, you must understand. She’ll never let anypony touch those notes, even if her life depended on it. She made it clear to us the time she confiscated all of his work. She told us that works this dark must never see sunlight again.”

That didn’t make any sense. Why would the princess be such protective over that? I’m sure that she has handled more stronger magic before, but why this?

“But why are you so anxious to help us?” Applejack butted in.

“Believe me when I say that your sister won’t be the last victim.”

Wait. Does this mean that what happened to Applebloom was just the beginning? Oh please no.

She started to levitate test tubes around while manipulating a strange liquid from a container. It turned from blue to red to green, until it finally became purple. She then placed the tube that contained the liquid to a tripod, using magic to create a fire beneath it. The chemical started to simmer until sparks came out. She stopped the flame and placed the liquid into a small bottle.

“Here’s the plan. I will stay here so I can use Astral Projection to guide you.”

What did she just say? Astral Projection? This is getting weirder and weirder every minute.

She can’t be my mother.

“I will be using Applejack to communicate to you.”

The farm pony was surprised by what she just heard. She definitely wasn’t fond dealing with all those magic stuff. “Me?”

“Why, yes. Dr. Foshwerl and I once theorized that earth ponies were the most sensitive when it comes to magic. So it stands to reason that you are the best receptor in terms of telepathy.”

She then gave me the bottle that contained the mysterious liquid.

“Twilight, use this to the guards. They’ll forget that you two have even been there.”

“Are you sure?”

“I’ve done that before with your dad. And your teacher.”

Just, heck no.

Comments ( 3 )

Maybe I'll read this. It interests me so :reallyneedagildaemoticon:

Go on..

proceed with this story good author, proceed:moustache::moustache:

Login or register to comment