• Published 14th Jan 2013
  • 711 Views, 5 Comments

The Sparkle Revival - Plistry



Applebloom needs help, and Applejack knows Twilight has the answers. Answers deep down in the family.

  • ...
0
 5
 711

Pancakes for Lunch

---[Log 2, Expedition 0]---

There are certain events that trigger the most unlikely of happenings. I’m reading a book about flowers all because I can’t find its place. But whatever happens, I’ll be ready of any unlikely happenings. I’m sure I will. Because I’m Twilight Sparkle, right?

---[Twilight’s Study]---

I carefully closed the book in my hooves. So, what did I get?

I can plant flowers.

That’s all. I can plant flowers.

The book itself did a great job at teaching the proper way to plant flowers, even without illustrations. Good, I probably should start planting one right now.

My stomach told me that I’m too much of a bookworm by rumbling. Well, the sun was directly above the place and I still didn’t have anything to eat. What is wrong with me? Am I a total egghead?

Maybe I am. But that doesn’t matter, for I was starving.

“And where should I eat?”

Of all the many places I could think of, it has to be the Sugarcube Corner.

Good one, Twilight. You want sweets for lunch.

Maybe I could order pancakes. Yeah, it’s probably too late for breakfast, but I could always settle for pancakes.

I quickly went down to the library and saw Spike dusting up the floor.

“Hey, Spike, please take care of the library while I’m away. I’m going to Sugarcube Corner for some lunch.”

“Sugarcube Corner? Lunch? Are you serious?”

“Just do it, Spike.” With those words I left my abode, a hallow tree full of books.

---[Sugarcube Corner]---

“Hello Twilight!” Pinkie greeted me enthusiastically on the counter. In her head was a tray of freshly baked pancakes. She brought it to the table where I was.

“Thank you, Pinkie.” I said with gratitude.

“It’s nothing. Why are you eating pancakes for lunch?” she asked curiously.

“I don’t know. Why am I eating pancakes for lunch?”

“Silly Twilight. You know pancakes are only for breakfast, don’t you? Or maybe for evening dinners. But never for lunch.”

That left me dumbfounded.

The smell of steamy pancakes on my table left my mouth watering. It sure was delicious, with all that maple syrup on top.

I wanted it. I wanted it badly.

What is wrong with me?

------

Minutes has passed since I started diving in to the pancakes.

Or maybe hours. I don’t care, as long as I can keep eating pancakes for the rest of my life.

“Gee, Twilight. You sure do love pancakes,” Pinkie Pie commented.

I sure do.

“I must’ve read that flowering book too much to notice the time,” I replied.

“Flowering book? Oh, can I borrow it? Can I, can I, can I?” She started to jump with hype.

“Okay, after I discover the anomaly behind it. Can I have more pancakes?”

“Sure!”

She disappeared at the back for a while, just to return with another fresh batch of pancakes with syrup on top.

“There. That’s your third batch of pancakes, Twilight. Should I be worried?”

“No. I’m just really hungry.”

She bounced to the back again, what she’ll do I have no idea.

Now it’s just my pancakes and me. Perfect.

It was this close to my mouth when somepony crashed inside the Sugarcube Corner.

“Applejack?”

The farm pony didn’t look too good. Her once well-kept mane was now a total mess. Her face was covered with dust and dirt, while she seemed to come from a fight.

She took a deep breath in, and started to speak.

“Twilight, help us.”

That was all that she could say as she lost her consciousness.