• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 619 Views, 6 Comments

Visit - Joe3562



Fluttershy takes a quiet sunset to herself to visit a special location to her heart.

  • ...
1
 6
 619

Alone

The soft sound of wings beating broke the calm air of flowing water and birds chirping. A small river weaved and bent through a low lying valley coated in rich green tall grass. The sky was a furious orange as Celestia’s sun began to dip below the horizon. A light golden coated pegasus mare soared over the valley and the large century old trees that provided homes for the many animals below. Her pink mane fluttered in the light breeze that graced the gentle fields. Her ocean blue eyes scanned the valley below as she flew high above it.

She turned away from the ground below and watched the large voluminous clouds that cluttered the sky pass by. The mare banked to her left and began to lower herself closer to the ground. Soon a cliff side came into view. She corrected her flight and lowered to the cliff. Near the edge a small sapling of the ancient trees that populated the valley was beginning to grow. Even if it was a sapling it was still the size of a fully grown Everfree tree.

The mare slowly stopped and fluttered her wings as she landed in the tall green grass now a dull amber in the blazing sunset. She folded her wings back to her side. Amongst the grass were a few flowers. The mare looked to each of the beautiful flowers she remembered planting only months ago. They were vibrant and had spread to coat most of the secluded spot. She lowered her muzzle to a tall stem of white flowers and smell the heavily sweetness.

The pegasus pulled away from the flower and let out a sigh. She slowly trotted away from the edge of the cliff towards the young tree. The bark was a pale white and the leaves had already begun to change to a brown as it began to grow into its next life cycle. The mare looked up to the leaves as they were parted by a small blue bird. It gave a small chirp as it landed on the pegasus’ back. The mare looked back to the bird and spoke in her soft voice, “Hi Isabelle, how are the hatchlings?”

The blue jay responded with a few chirps as Fluttershy slowly walked around the young tree. She nodded and said back as the bird quieted, “That’s nice to hear.”

Past the tree a small little clearing of dirt sat. Fluttershy looked to the blue jay on her back and said, “I think you should head back to the nest Isabelle.”

The bird gave a slight nod and quickly took flight leaving the pegasus alone. Fluttershy watched the small bird fly up and into the valley below. Once she was gone the mare walked towards the clearing and looked at a small stone marking. Fluttershy sat down on her haunches and looked to the ground as she spoke aloud, “Sorry I haven’t come in a while.”

Her tone slowly dripped into sorrow as she continued to speak to the open air, “I had to do something with my friends that the princesses asked for. I know how much you like me to visit every month.”

She looked to the small gray rock. “I really wish you were still here with me. I miss the days we would spend together just you and me. I miss the time we had together. I remember the first day we became friends. It was in this very valley. It was the day Rainbow Dash raced the bullies. They day I fell and discovered I could talk to animals. You were one of the few I met that day. And ever since then you have been by my side.”

She let in a heavy breath and looked to a small mound of dirt just below the rock placed against a root of the young tree. She closed her eyes as she continued, “This past year without you has been tough. I miss you so much. The other animals miss you as well.”

A single tear began to roll down Fluttershy’s cheek as she remembered the day not so long ago. She spoke again, “You have been with me for so long. I never really thought of you never being there. I always thought you would be there, but now…”

She opened her eyes and the tears began to roll freely. “I never really gave consideration on how short your life is compared to mine. If I had known earlier I would have made every moment count. I would not have sweated the small things. I would have cared less when you were picky. I would have spent more time with you. I always loved you.”

She laid down next to the small mound of dirt and kissed it. She didn’t care about the taste of dirt in her mouth. Her tears soaked the exposed dirt as she spoke softly, “I just wish that you were still here with me, I wish you never had to go. I can’t say goodbye to you of all the friends I have come to know and love, you were my best.”

Fluttershy slowly turned to her side next to the small mound and rock. She looked at the rock and read the small few lines etched in the stone by unicorn magic.

Here lies Angel Bunny
A friend to all whom will never be forgotten
2022 C.I. – 2037 C.I.

~~~

Fluttershy lay on the cusp of the cliff. She over looked the valley as the last few rays of sunlight bathed the area. Few flocks of white birds flew around heading to their nests hidden within the vast branches of the ancestral trees below. She closed her eyes and hummed lowly in the relaxing heat she felt on her coat. A gentle breeze rolled though. She unfurled her wings in response and soaked in the joyous sensation of the wind on her feathers. As the wind died down she folded her wings back in and sighed.

She loved the beauty of the area and the few moments she spent here. She rarely made it out this far from home, but the visits she loved so much. As the day slowly ended she spoke to the calm air, “I just wish we had more time, without I feel as if a piece of me has broken off.”

She opened her eyes to the setting sun, “I just feel so alone.”

She slowly stood up on her hooves. She looked back to the young tree, “I will never forget you Angle.”

She unfurled her wings and began to lift off. She looked down to the small tree that housed her friend's grave, “You are home Angle, you are where you belong.”

She turned and took off. She left the calm cliff side and rose above the clouds.

Author's Note:

Just to note this story was written to go with the picture chosen. I decided to choose a random picture from DeviantArt and write any story I could think of that fit the picture.

Comments ( 6 )

Oh sweet Celestia the FEELS
:fluttercry:

I like it, it's very moving :fluttercry::heart:

:twilightoops: Didn't expect that.

I'll be your Angel Fluttershy.

This is good. I enjoyed this. The quote in the description pulled me in and I'm glad I checked this out. :fluttercry:

cries everywhere. not okay. :fluttercry::fluttershbad::fluttershyouch::fluttershysad:

Login or register to comment