• Published 6th Jan 2013
  • 1,076 Views, 28 Comments

Background Ponies to the Rescue - dtlux1



Luna sends the mane 6 to find a castle, that was 1 month ago, now she must go to everyone's favorite background ponies for help. Story edited by opuscon789

  • ...
10
 28
 1,076

Chapter 3 - And They're Off

AN: Sorry for the long wait, I have had this chapter done since sometime in May. This just shows how much laziness can affect you. I want to say sorry to anyone who liked this story. I also want to make a new schedule, at least 1 new chapter a month, this is so I can tell myself that I will do it. I want to say that I will keep writing, and that I haven’t stopped since I wrote this, just been too lazy to post it.
dtlux1



“Think Derpy,” said The Doctor, “What do we need for our trip?”

“MUFFINS!” Screamed Derpy.

“We ate the last of our muffins last time the TARDIS was set adrift in deep space.”

“Aww,” whined Derpy, “Can’t we just go get some? We can travel through time and space.”

“Derpy, we can’t just go around doing whatever we want through all of time and space, it could cause a paradox.”

“You seem to do that all the time.”

“What! I do not!”

“What about the time that all of Equestria all most got destroyed because you let the Daleks find you?”

“I fixed that, didn’t I?”

“Only after half of Canterlot was destroyed.”

“And Derpy, that wasn’t a paradox.”

“I know, I didn’t see a single box.”

“For the last time Derpy, it’s a paradox, not a pair of boxes.”

Derpy face hoofed, “That’s what I said.”

“I can’t seem to get it across to you,” said the Doctor, “Well, let’s just finish packing, maybe the others are having a better time than us.”



“YOU SMASHED MY CELLO!” screamed Octavia, she was looking at Vinyl holding a broken cello.

“What?” asked Vinyl, “All the rock stars smash their own instruments. I wanted to try it.”

“Yes, but you aren’t a rockstar, and that wasn’t your instrument to smash.”

“Sorry Octy, I just wanted to mix rock with my wubs.” Vinyl looked sad.

“I guess it’s ok, I can always get a new one.” Octavia felt sorry that she had yelled at Vinyl. “I am still disappointed though.”

“Ok, so should we get to packing?” asked Vinyl.

“I guess.”

“Can I bring my Bass Cannon?”

“Why would you need that?”

“You never know when you might need wubs, like the time I defeated Discord.”

“You never did that.”

“Yes I did.”

“Then why doesn’t anyone remember it?”

“Because they all forgot.” Vinyl said, thinking she had won the argument, but it just made Octavia more confused.

“But why, you know what, nevermind. Let’s just continue packing.”



“Do you really need your autograph book?” Bon Bon asked Lyra as she put some of her homemade candies into her saddle bag.

“Yes, I want Luna’s autograph.” replied Lyra, “And what if I find some stuff about humans, I have to write it down. OH! Or we could meet The Great and Powerful Trixie! That would be awesome!”

“All right now, don’t have another fangasm.”

“But she’s awesome.” Lyra mumbled.

“What was that?” asked Bon Bon.

“Nothing.”

“Ok then,” replied Bon Bon, “Let’s think of what we should take then.”

“I think you should take this!” Yelled Pinkie Pie as she appeared out of nowhere. She was holding a small gold statue.

“That statute is of a human!” screamed Lyra.

“What is it?” asked Bon Bon.

“I don’t know,” said Pinkie, “But it will help you on your journey, it’s name is Stefano.”

Bon Bon and Lyra turned to look at each other. Bon Bon turned back to where Pinkie was. “But I, where’d she go?”

Lyra just shrugged.

“Well, now we have this.” Lyra said as she put Stephano into her saddle bag.

“Ok, we should finish packing and meet up with the others.”

“Good idea.” said Lyra.



“I see you have all packed,” said Luna, “I have maps for you, but the crystal castle seems to have disappeared, so I have no idea where you will find it.”

“What are we looking for?” asked Derpy.

“We are looking for that mean unicorn and her friends.”said the Doctor, “I don’t see why we have to though.”

“I like adventures.” said Lyra.

“Then why don’t we go?” asked Bon Bon.

“Because there is still one thing you need to know,” said Luna, “You only have 1 month to complete this task.”

“WHAT!”

“I know it is a small amount of time,” continued Luna, “But it is bad all ready with 6 ponies missing, if 6 more go missing, I don’t know how the ponies of Ponyville will react.” All of them seemed to understand. “Now if you are ready,” she said, “It is time to depart.”



“Now, where should we go first?” asked the Doctor, sounding excited.

“Why don’t we just look at the maps?” asked Octavia.

“Where’s the fun in that?” he replied.

“The fun is knowing where you’re going.”

“There’s no fun in knowing where you’re going, the fun is not knowing until you get there.”

“I like his way of thinking.” said Vinyl. “One time I ended up in this awesome music shop, I don’t even know how I got there, but that was the day I got my bass cannon.”

“I remember that,” replied Octavia, “Didn’t you set the shop on fire?”

“They said I could.”

“They said you could set the shop on fire?” asked Lyra.

“Well, not exactly,” she replied, “But they said I could test my canon, it was their fault.”

“Sure it was.” mumbled Bon Bon.

“So,” asked Derpy, “Where do we go?”

The Doctor closed his eyes and pointed his hoof in a random direction. “We go that way!” he screamed, he was pointing to a dark and scary path. It was overgrown with trees and bushes. The only light that was there were the bugs that illuminated the path. There were many signs that said ‘DANGER’ and “DO NOT ENTER’.

“But it says do not enter.” protested Octavia.

“I like to think that do not enter is a phrase leading to adventure.” said the Doctor.

“I say we do it.” said Vinyl.

“I want to go that way to.” said Lyra.

“Then it’s settled,” said the Doctor, “ALLONS-Y!”

“This isn’t going to end well.” was the last thing Octavia said to Bon Bon before entering the woods through the large dark archway.



“See, this isn’t so bad.” said the Doctor as he was walking farther into the pitch black woods. The only light was coming from his sonic screwdriver, at this point it was being used as a flashlight. “And look at all the different species of trees and flowers, like these ones.” He was about to go over and pick one when Derpy cried out for him to stop.

“That’s poison joke! Don’t touch it!”

“What’s poison joke?” he asked.

“It’s a plant that plays a joke on you.” explained Derpy, “When Carrot Top found some last year, her mane was green for a month.”

“Thanks for the warning.”

As they were walking, they heard many sounds. There was an owl, the soft crunching of leaves under their hooves, and other noises a forest would make.

grr...

“What was that?” Derpy asked, she sounded scared.

“What was What?” asked the Doctor.

Grr...

“There it is again.”

I didn’t hear anything.” said Octavia.

GRr...

“It sounds like it is getting closer!” screamed Derpy, she was getting more scared each time she heard it.

“Shh shh shh shh,” Said the Doctor, trying to get the others quiet. “I think I hear it.”

“But I still don’t.” said Octavia.

“Shh.” He kicked a rock into the bush he thought the sound was coming from. Turns out that wasn’t the best idea because 5 angry timber wolves came out, and started to approach them. “Ok, it’s just some wolves,” said the Doctor, “I’ll see if I can reason with them.” He now had his back facing the Timber Wolves, which was an even worse idea than kicking the rock, because one jumped for him.

“Look out Doctor!” screamed Derpy as she dove and pushed the doctor out of the way. The wolf pounced on her side. She got away, and they were both safe, but the wolf has pounced on her wing. “Ow ow ow ow ow!” she cried in pain.

“Are you ok?” asked the Doctor, the others were too surprised to do anything, and just stared at what was happening.

“Yes,” she replied, “But I can’t move my wing without it hurting.”

“Then don’t move it.”

Derpy face hoofed, “What do we do now?”

“This!” He screamed as he pointed his screwdriver at the wolves, “Hey! Wolves! You hurt my friend! I’m armed! With a screwdriver...” They kept approching him, he aimed his sonic, “Ok, I warned you.” He then pressed the button, it made the buzzing sound, but nothing happened. “Why is my screwdriver not...” He paused to think.

“Doctor!” screamed Derpy, “Why isn’t it working?”

“Oh, this is embarrassing,” he continued, “They are made of wood, and my screwdriver doesn’t like wood. I have been meaning to add another setting.”

“So now what?” asked Derpy.

“Plan B.”

“What’s plan B?

“RUN!” He yelled. The others snapped out of what transe they were in and followed his instructions. They started to run down the path.

“What are we supposed to do now?” asked Octavia.

“Keep running until we think of something.” said the Doctor.

“Well, that’s a ‘great’ plan.” said Octavia.

“If you have a better idea, I would love to hear it!” he screamed.

“I think I have an idea!” screamed Vinyl, she stopped running. The others ran a little farther, but stopped. They turned around to see what Vinyl was doing. The Timber Wolves were getting close.

“VINYL!” Yelled Octavia, “What are you doing! RUN!”

“Don’t worry,” said Vinyl, “I have an idea.” She then reached into her saddlebag and pulled out her bass cannon. She aimed it at the timber wolves and started to [blast] blast it. The vibration shook the timber wolves until they fell into tiny little pieces. Vinyl turned it off and looked directly at Octavia, “And you said I wouldn’t need my bass cannon.” she was smiling.

“I guess I was wrong,” Octavia said in disbelief, “It did come in handy.”

“Just like when I defeated Discord.”

“That never happened.”

“Ok, we got out of that, now let me see your wing Derpy.” The Doctor scanned it with his sonic screwdriver. “Bad news, it is broken. I can bandage it up though.” The doctor then proceeded to wrap up her wing.

“Can we just leave before anything else happens?” asked Bon Bon.

“that’s a great idea.” said the Doctor, they then proceed towards the exit of the forest.

Author's Note:

I know I had one of these at the beginning too, but I wanted to say sorry again for the long wait. I was testing in school when I made this chapter. I was so happy that I finished the chapter. I also have 1 more finished chapter that I may post next week, then I have to write the rest. I may also fix my old chapters some. I also want to thank Opuscon789, my editor, for the timber wolves idea. I hope you like this story, I will post at least 1 chapter a month.
dtlux1