• Published 20th Feb 2013
  • 1,664 Views, 25 Comments

Fluttershy's Alter Ego - RoxyMoronNERDy

  • ...
5
 25
 1,664

Chapter III

Everypony sat, lounged around the living room.Dragonfly had taken the La-Z-Colt as well as a goof book. Twilight and Fluttershy sat on the sofa next to each other. Fluttershy, who was sleepy, had laying down, her head resting on the arm and her back legs laying off the sofa, careful not the kick Twilight. Fluttershy's back legs grazed the carpeted floor of the apartment, slightly next to Applejack and Pinkie, who were sitting comfortably on the floor by the TV. Rarity had taken a couch pillow and was sitting on that on the floor, while Rainbow was sitting on the spiral staircase that was just off to the side of the living room. Fluttershy yawned, looking at the TV along with everypony else but not really paying attention. She vaguely listened to her friends' conversation.

"But that wasn't the WORST part!" Rainbow continued. "Then he said 'oh wow, what a klutz!' Then his other friend joined in and started calling me 'Rainbow Crash!!'" Rainbow said in anger.

"So that's where you got your nickname?" Twilight asked. Rainbow nodded.

"How rude." Rarity grumbled, fumbling with her mane in boredom and habit. Fluttershy nodded, her world becoming hazy as she started to slip into the sleepiness. Unfortunately, her back legs accidentally twitched from her tiredness and slightly touched Applejack, who jumped in surprise. She turned to Fluttershy, and saw how heavy her eyes were.

"Fluttershy, ya don't look so good." Applejack said in her southern twang. Everypony turned to look at Fluttershy and nodded in agreement. Fluttershy felt her face burn when she heard Rainbow snicker.

"Are you alright, darling?" Rarity asked. "You have horrible dark circles."

"I-I'm fine." Fluttershy slurred, trying to reassure her friends.

"I'm not so sure about that." Twilight replied jokingly. "Are you tired?" Fluttershy paused in hesitation. She hated attention. She then realized how ironic that thought was.

"I'm fine, really." Fluttershy sat up. The medicine she had taken was really kicking in, and her world spun as she sat up. She fell right back down, and blushed as everyone giggled.

"Fluttershy, it's okay if you're tired!" Twilight reassured her. "It is late, after all."

Applejack nodded. "Y'all can sleep if ya want to." Rainbow scoffed.

"It isn't THAT late." Rainbow looked at the DVR box to see the time. "It's only 1:30!" Rarity rolled her eyes in response.

"Rainbow Dash, EVERYPONY needs their beauty sleep." Rarity flipped her mane. "Fluttershy is tired, and as her friends, we shouldn't judge her for that!"

"Judging somepony for being tired?" Pinkie giggled. "Are you loco in the cocoa?" Pinkie stood and started hopping around the apartment in the same manner that a hyperactive six-year-old would. "Of course, I'M not tired at all! But-" Pinkie then collapsed right beside Rarity, snoring comically. Everypony except Dragonfly, who was en-wrapped in her book, giggled at Pinkie's foal-like behavior. But that was Pinkie Pie!

"Anyway," Twilight sighed, getting back on topic. "If you're sleepy, Fluttershy, it's okay. Just fall asleep." Fluttershy didn't look at her friends, and suddenly felt herself getting sucked into unconsciousness, her eyes feeling heavy.

"Don't worry, sugar cube," Applejack said, her voice distant and muffled. "We ain't goin' anywhere." That's when Fluttershy fell asleep.