• Published 30th Dec 2012
  • 3,425 Views, 186 Comments

Heart Of Fire: You'll Be In My Heart - Melody Brush



A stallion helps, and falls in love with a changeling who experiences a huge change in her life for her love for him.

  • ...
6
 186
 3,425

Ch. XV: Blessings

CHAPTER XV:

BLESSINGS

"Good evening, Blazing Feathers." Celestia said, smiling at the stallion as he looked up at her with an expression flooding with shock, joy, welcome, fear and 'what are you doing here'. "May I come in?" Blazing said nothing for a minute then cleared his mind by shaking his head.

"Oh! Y-yes your highness." He stepped aside, allowing the princess to enter his home. She looked at the pictures Blazing had set up on the shelves, smiling at each of them, especialy the new ones of him and Chocolate side by side. Both looked extremely happy together.

"Can I get you anything?" Blazing asked. "We have plenty of hot chocolate." Celestia broke her gaze from the picture and smiled at her host.

"No thank you." She repied. "I mearly wish to speak with you." She turned her gaze to Chocolate still sitting on the couch, and back at Blazing. "Both of you."

Blazing's heart sank. Does she know? He asked himself. Please just be here to congratulate us on our wedding and let us be together. Blazing broke a sweat on his brow. He offered to let the Princess sit on the couch, wich she turned down with thankful smile. He then sat down next to Chocolate wrapping a wing and foreleg around her shoulder.

"Blazing," Celestia began, her expression was serious and regal, "when I learned you were getting married I felt happy for you, but to whom you were marrying made me curious. You said, Chocolate was an old friend from your time in Canterlot, but I mever met her before now." Blazing felt his body starting to shake, knowing where this was going and did not like it. Chocolate raised a hoof to help comfort him, sharing his fear, but for slightly different reasons. "I did some research on Chocolate and have found nothing about her, not even records stating that she was born." Blazing's eyes went wide with fear. Celestia knew Chocolate was not one of her subjects, and that was not good. "Please be honest with me, Blazing, and tell me what you know about your fianceƩ."

Tears started streaming down his face as he held tight to the mare he loved. "Please don't take her from me." Blazing said, sobbing softly. "I found her in the forest badly wounded, so I took her to my mother, Zecora, to heal her and brought her here to stay while she was healing. I know I was taking a huge risk by doing that, but, you know me, I couldn't just leave her to die!" Blazing told the whole story from when they came up with her deguise to this very night. Celestia's expression never changed as she listened to them speak intently. When they finished Celestia closed her eyes and odded.

"Thank you for being honest with me, Blazing." She said looking back up at them, a caring expression in her eyes. "You understand my position and what I must do now, right?" She asked. At this Blazing and Chocolate clung tight to each other as he let out his cries.

"I won't let you take her away from me!" He sobbed.

"Blazing, please." Celestia tried to calm him down, but he continued.

"I love her, she is my fi... no... she is my wife and I will not just sit back and let you lock her up, or banish her or..."

"Blazing, calm yourse..."

"If you send her away then you send me away too. I love her and..." He was silanced by Celestia placing a gentle hoof on his moth him in her magic. She raised him up to eye level with her magic, stared into his eyes for a minute then levitated him to his origional place next to his bride.

"Blazing Feathers," she said, looking down on them in a regal and serious manner, "I'm afraid I have no choice in this matter," she paused to watch the two embrace each other in a tight hug, "...but grant you my blessing." Wide eyed the couple pulled away from each other, their forelegs still holding on to the other as they looked over at the princess dumbfounded. "And, hereby command that you take good care each other for the rest of your lives." She smiled at them.

Blazing stared at the princess, trying to process what she had just told them. After a minue a large smile covered his face as he ran up to Celestia and embraced her in a warm, thankful hug, his sobs filling her ear as she wrapped a hoof around him. "Go to her." She whispered. He looked up at her, his tear filled eyes saying 'thank you' before he turned and embraced Chocolate. As they were sharing each others joy Celestia slipped out the front door with a satisfied smile.

~~~

They next day they told the girls about the princess giving them her blessing to get married and was met with shock and joy from the news. Soon the whole town was talking about a simple citizen of a simple town getting a blessing from the Princess of Equestria herself allowing them to get married.

Blazing and Chocolate were celebrating at Sugarcube Corner by enjoying Pinkie's frieshly baked cupcakes when Rainbow Dash came flying in. "Stripes!" Blazing looked back from Chocolate, the smile on his face growing wider. "I need to talk to you." Dash said, a serious look on her face. Both Blazing and Chocolate got up and started trotting to the cyan mare. "Just you, Stripes." Blazing shook his head.

"What ever you have to say, Dash, you can say to both me and I my wife." He said. Dash started to protest. "I'm not keeping serets from her. She'll find out one way or the other." Dash let her head drop in defeat and lead them outside. When they were out of earshot from everpony she glared at him.

"Did you tell the princess the truth?" Rainbow asked.

"We confessed to her when she came to our house last night." Chocolate asnwered.

"And she still gave you her blessing?" Blazing nodded.

"I was about to have a heart attack, but yes. She knows about Chocolate and she approves." Blazing answered. Dash looked at the couple standing infront of her.

"I'm still uncomfortable with you marrying a changeling, but if the princess is cool with it I am too." Blazing smiled.

"Does this mean you would be willing to be my mare of honor?" Chocolate asked. Dash's eyes shot open wide.

"I don't know about that." She answered.

"Will you think about it, at least?" Blazing asked. Dash looked into his eyes, thinking about it in her head.

"Okay, I'll think about it." She answered after a good mnute. Tears started to stream down his face. "Oh, quit being such a marshmellow." Dash and Chocolate said in unison and voice. Dash looked over at Chocolate then smiled with a chuckle as she punched his shoulder. He let out a laugh as he missed her insults and welcomed them back with open hooves.