• Published 4th Jan 2013
  • 1,448 Views, 96 Comments

Children of the Sunwell - Dizastrous



Three friends embark on a journey to find a cure for their people, their quest leads them to a new land.

  • ...
4
 96
 1,448

14 - Quel'Zaram

Chapter 14

Shining Armor sat at his desk rubbing his temples with his forehooves as he let out a heavy sigh. After Cadence left with the prisoner, things had only gotten even more hectic. The sword that was left behind refused to be pulled out of the ground, resisting even his own magic when he attempted to move it. It was as if the sword itself found everypony who tried unworthy of wielding it. Then there was the issue of Chrysalis.

Upon questioning the mare who was ponynapped, Octavia, Shining Armor's men had discovered that the Changeling Queen herself had been present, but had disappeared when the fighting started. While he doubted she had managed to get inside the confines of the city with the Crystal Heart's barrier intact, she could still be lurking about, or even worse, he feared she boarded the train when it left.

But all this still did not answer the question that was most prominently on his mind, "How did he get through the barrier without even having to force his way through?"

The military commanders around him all shrugged, all but the eldest one, a decorated officer with a long white beard. Shining Armor turned his attention to the elderly stallion and nodded his consent for the commander to speak up.

"The nature of the Heart itself is to repel evil. While his actions and goal might not have been under the purest of intentions, that young man fought with a fervor and zeal that is saved for those that are generally devout. Perhaps it was his affinity with his light magic that allowed him through." The old Stallion said sagely.

"So, he managed to get through because he wasn't evil? That can't be, his eyes were filled with nothing but bloodlust." Shining Armor said waving a hoof dismissively.

"Evil is only what we consider it to be, if he felt in his heart that what he does is good, then he is good." The old stallion said with a shrug.

"If that is the case I daresay we were lucky to only have as many casualties as we did." Another officer spoke up.

"You don't suppose all of them think what they do is not evil do you?" Shining Armor said in an unnerved tone.

"By Celestia, they could just waltz through the barrier..." Another officer, a mare this time gasped.

A soldier burst into the conference room, panting and out of breath as he paused for a second before giving his report, "Sir Shining Armor, another of the elves has been spotted at the edge of the barrier. It appears to have stopped it, but the thing was studying it closely."

Mumbles broke out through the gathered officers and a grave look adorned Shining Armor's face. He looked among his gathered officers and saw that many of them wore panicked expressions, many wondered if since the barrier stopped this one, if it would give up just because its friends were captured.

"Come, we need to go out there and confront it, lest it find a way into the barrier." Shining Armor said gravely.

The sound of shattering glass could be heard echoing through the streets and a gust of cold wind blew in through the open window. The soldier who came into the room rushed to the window and peered out.

"What is it soldier?" Shining Armor asked in an authoritative tone.

"It found a way in..." That stallion said as he looked back at Shining Armor, the blood draining from his face.

"What?! How?!" Shining Armor demanded in an angry voice.

Shining Armor shoved the soldier aside and peered out the window for the source of the shattering glass incase the elf had managed to somehow teleport into the streets and broke a window. What he saw however was that off in the distance, the warm sunny sky was cracked, and the frigid tundra outside the barrier could be seen.

"By force..." Mumbled the stunned soldier.


Weaver whistled as she observed what her chaos bolt had done to the barrier that stood before her. The spell was meant to pierce all defenses one possessed, but she had never actually tested it on a barrier that protected an entire city. Shaking her head and grinning under her equine skull mask Weaver continued on her path into the grassy meadow that lead towards the Crystal Empire.

Upon taking her first step inside of the barrier however her breath immediately caught as her skin began to itch and burn. Gritting her teeth weaver put on a scowl and stared at the harsh light in the distance that she knew had to be the Crystal Heart. Pressing onwards despite the discomfort Weaver began to notice the ponies beginning to panic at the sight of her.

Weaver smiled as she saw their open fear as she walked through the meadow, leaving burning footsteps as she went, "This might actually be fun..."

Weaver never broke her slow and steady stride as she cast spells left and right causing as much chaos as she possibly could to keep the guard busy with protecting civilians instead of attacking her. She dared not waste time summoning a demon here, the aura the Crystal Heart was giving off would either banish her lesser demons, or cause her stronger ones to go berserk.

Within minutes Weaver had made it up to the center of the town where the Crystal Heart floated and absorbed power from the town's populace. Weaver's skin felt like it was on fire as she drew closer, and she silently cursed the fact she had to do this when Dizastrous seemed immune to the effects.

With a grunt of effort Weaver unleashed a chaos bolt aimed at one of the spikes that the heart floated between, and with the aid of her havoc spell, the bolt split and hit both spikes. Debris flew in all directions as the fel bolts of flame demolished their targets and caused the Crystal Heart to fall to the ground. Immediately the barrier around the Crystal Empire dissipated and Weaver strode up to pick up the ancient artifact.

"Honestly what was so hard about that? I bet Dizastrous had to try and play the part of a heroic hero and actually fought the army head on." Weaver said, shaking her head as she hefted the large crystal into her arms.

"Well, guess it worked out for the better. At least now he can free Helix..." Weaver mumbled to herself as she tucked the Crystal Heart into one of the magical pouches at her belt.

"Stop right there! What have you done with the Crystal Heart?" Shining Armor demanded, shouting over the frigid tundra winds that now blew over the city.

Weaver spun on her heel and gestured a hand towards the guard captain, causing the stallion to immediately ignite. Shining Armor screamed in horror as he threw himself to the ground and began rolling in an attempt to extinguish the flames. Weaver hastily made her retreat as several guards began panicking and attempting to douse the flames on their captain and prince.


The Blood Knight launched into action swinging his brutal blade at the princess of the sun, Celestia managed to narrowly avoid the blade, but grimaced as she saw how easily the holy enhanced weapon cleaved through the stone floor where she previously stood.

"Quick on your hooves I see, good, hopefully you can at least make this fun.

Helix walked up to the door of his cell, the orange circle of the blessing on him spinning rapidly on the ground, and opened it as if it were unlocked, causing Celestia to gawk, "How did you get out?!"

"Blessing of Freedom, removes all restraints and frees those that I bestow it upon." Dizastrous said with a smirk.

Celestia seeing herself outnumbered and enclosed in a tight space where she was unable to utilize her advantage of flight, turned tail an ran. Dizastrous smiled, seeing her do exactly what he wanted.

"You do know she is leading you to where she will have the advantage right?" Helix said as he rubbed his wrists where the manacles once bit into them.

"You do know who you are talking to right?" Dizastrous said in an incredulous tone as he tore his eyes from where Celestia disappeared up the stairs, and fixated them onto the warlock.

"Fair point, you go have fun. I in the meantime will be getting my stuff..." Helix said shaking his head and summoning his demon guard.

Dizastrous grinned madly as he tore up the stairs at a speed that belied the weight of the armor and weapon he used. Holy fervor spread through him as he chased after the princess of the sun, he only hope he did not catch her before she managed to gather some help. Within mere minutes he had cleared the dungeon and burst through the heavy wooden door, not even stopping to open it. Splinters and chunks of wood flew everywhere causing the bystanding ponies to gasp.

The last of the civilians seemed to be clearing out, and a number of guards were already amassing. It seemed as though they were fast on their response time, seeing as Celestia could still be seen gunning straight through the air for a tower.

Wings of light erupted from his back, and the Blood Knight felt the divine power of the light course through him at his command. The sudden appearance of wings caused the guards that were charging him to back off, a couple skidding to a halt mere feet from him. Dizastrous paid them no mind however, he only had eyes for Celestia as he switched his grip on his sword to a left handed one, and opened his right palm behind him as if he was preparing to throw something. A hammer of condensed light magic formed in his grasp, and he immediately whipped his arm forward, hurling the devastating spell directly at Celestia. Though she swerved in an attempt to avoid it, the spell veered with her and struck true, eliciting a cry of pain and causing the alicorn to cease the beating of her wings. The momentum she had however, combined with the force of the hammer that struck her sent her hurtling into, and through the stone wall of a tower.

Guards stared open mouthed at what they saw, and suddenly anger adorned their faces as they all charged the winged elf. Their attempts to attack him however only made Dizastrous laugh as spears and hooves bounced harmlessly off his armor. He then readied his weapon in both hands and roared as he invoked his holy powers, causing a storm of righteous hammers and crackling light to strike and swirl around him, striking down all the guards who were within range.

His sacred shield snapping into place blocked the spells that then flew at him, and Dizastrous slowly walked up to the closest unicorn guard, and he grinned wickedly as he towered above the stalwart guard.

The guard put on a brave face as he spoke up to the Blood Knight, "You will pay for what you have done here monster! When our princesses unite their powers they wi-"

Dizastrous grabbed the unicorn's horn forcibly, and immediately began to drain him of his magick. Within seconds he was sucked dry of his power, leaving the elf with a disappointed expression.

"Is that all the magic you contained? Even the small purple one I met before had a thousand times more power than you..." Dizastrous cast his eyes around the assorted unicorns that stared wide eyed at him and the shivering wreck of a stallion at his feet, "Who's next?"


Luna rushed to her sisters side after getting over the immediate shock of having her burst through the stone wall of her room. The princess of the night nudged her sister's face with her own in an attempt to wake her up, grimacing slightly when her sister stirred and she noticed the blood leaking from the gash on her head where she collided with the stone.

"L-luna... Thank heavens your here..." Celestia managed out as she got wobbly to her hooves.

"Sister what has happened?" Luna gasped as Celestia stretched her wings and she noticed the large bruise that was forming at her side.

"The elves are loose, and are attacking." Celestia said touching a hoof to her forehead and hissing as she touched the gash.

"But the one called Helix seemed so docile..." Luna said in confusion.

"Cadence brought over the other one, his name is Dizastrous..." Celestia said with a frown.

Luna trotted over to the hole in the wall and looked down into the courtyard, gasping at what she saw, "He is draining the magic from our guards!"

Celestia's eyes widened in horror at this, if he was feeding right now he would be even more powerful than moments before. The look in Luna's face when they shared a glance told Celestia that the same revelation had been reached there. They would need to act fast before he got his hands on any more power.

"Why Celestia, you seem to be a little worse for the wear..." A voice chuckled from around the room.

"Discord?!" Celestia gasped in surprise.

The Spirit of chaos popped into existence before the two royal sisters with a broad grin on his face, "The one and only."

Celestia's eyes held a glimmer of hope as she stared at the reformed spirit of disharmony, but her sister Luna held a look of apprehension on her face. Luna while accepting of Discord's reform, and willing to take help from him, was unenthused to have him inside of her personal chambers. Discord caught this look and chuckled while shaking his head.

"Don't look so angry Luna, I merely came here after witnessing your sisters little... Crash." Discord smirked as he spoke the last word.

"So will you help us?" Celestia asked with hopeful eyes.

"Well, as little raw power as those elves seem to possess, they are quite deadly from what I saw... But I guess I promised Fluttershy I would use my powers to help..." Discord said rolling his eyes.

"Fantastic, can you take care of the warlock Helix? My sister and I should be more than a match for Dizastrous." Celestia said, a confident look on her face.

"Helix is a warlock eh, just like the other one that was here for a time?" Discord asked.

"Yes, Weaver's magic primarily was based around fire, so if you can protect yourself from that you should be fine." Luna said, looking a little downtrodden at remembering Weaver.

"Seems simple enough." Discord said with a shrug as he snapped his fingers and winked out of existence.

After Discord was gone, Celestia let out a heavy sigh and shook her head, "I never would have imagined he would ever be on our side."

"Perhaps everypony can change if given the chance..." Luna offered.

"No, not everypony..." Celestia said as she thought of a certain stallion in particular.


As the last of the Crystal Heart's protective magic left the land, a dark mist began forming among the clouds high above the Crystal Empire. The mist swirled and condensed as it was finally released from the cleansing magic that held it captive. A glowing dark red horn shot up from the ground and joined the mist, immediately a face and glowing green eyes formed as well.

The face looked over the now frigid air that gusted over the city and grinned wickedly. It then began searching its eyes over the city looking for the one thing that could stop it, when it did not find it, or even a faint glimmer of its power the face scrunched up into a frown.

"Where is it?!" Sombra roared from over the city.

A glimmer of magic caught his attention on the horizon to the south, and Sombra's eyes lit up. The King of Shadows drifted his misty body in the direction of where the magic glimmered, towards where one of the only things that could stop him was held.

Sombra stopped for a brief moment, and looked back at the city that he grew up in, and ruled over. A frown adorned his face as he left it, and he considered going back and staying there, but he shook his head to rid himself of the notion. If he took up his rule once more now, it would only be a matter of time before another 'hero' would wield the crystal heart against him.

"Soon, I will return to you... But for now, I must make sure I can protect you..." Sombra said as he turned back towards where the Crystal Heart was moving, and sped off towards it.

Comments ( 23 )

Mmyeah... things seem to go a tad bit too easy for the elves.

Okay, I had enough of this. I'm pressing dislike.

I'm sorry, but as I said, I really don't like arrogant characters, when they have no right to be arrogant. Main reason why I dislike orcs so much these days. Unless Discord goes Arthas on their asses, I am not undoing the dislike. Heck, even then I might not do so.

2572712 agreed, see above

2572767 Seems like an unnecessity, but alright.

2572776 "unnecessity"?!!? For about five chapters whenever I read this story I wanted to whip out my night elf druid and slaughter those blood elves!!!

... pity druid's cannot do the pack form, that would be awesome for this job...

2572798 I don't think disliking the story will make the author change his mind, to be completely honest. But ask the author really, really nicely. Maybe he'll send a nelf druid their way. :twilightsheepish:

In any case, I seriously doubt Discord will lose any time soon. He can bend the very fabric of reality as he pleases, you know.

2572960 I don't expect him to change his story, I'm just saying that I currently dislike it.

2573081 Well, at least you are honest about it - even if it's more professional and constructive to let words speak for one's honest opinion and one's own take on a unsatisfactory matter rather than a discouraging red thumb pointing down. Good on you, though. No really. I'm serious.
Yea.

No, but sodding really: at least have the decency to be a little bit more considerate about why you dislike the story rather "That's it! Dislike; and it stays like that until you undo what probably only I find overly frustrating - or I won't after all!" (yes, that's exactly what you sound like in that comment) because that's a really condescending and cuntish attitude you got going on right there.

2573163

I'm sorry, but as I said, I really don't like arrogant characters, when they have no right to be arrogant.

I already gave an expended explanation to that in the comments below previous chapter. I simply dislike extremely arrogant characters, who just waltz in thinking they can do everything they want, when in fact they are shit.

Look, I could understand if this was, I dunno, Kael'thas, out of the top of my head. I really dislike this character, but he, at least, is enough powerful to be walking around blasting everything. But those are player's characters. Compared to NPC and elite mobs, we are SHIT! Just look:
- Lich King: died because of his arrogance; turned his back on his worst enemy with the only sword in hand that could hope to match Frostmourne
- Deathwing: killed by Dragon Soul, the most powerful weapon currently known in history of Warcraft's universe
- Kil;jaedan pushed away from Azeroth by the essence of Sunwell
- Malygos: don't remember this one very good, since I only did it once, but I'm pretty sure at some point Alextrasza came around
- Ragnaros: players (us) gets aid from Cenarius, Malfurion and Hamuul (I know it's just on heroic, but lore-wise, it makes more sense)
- Ilidan: players aided by Akama and Maiev, who, while not have raw power of some other individuals, dedicated her whole life to stop Illidan, so she had to have some advantages over him
- Archimonde: defeated by mass army of nature's spirits
Lets face it, when Sargeres finally comes, we will be bucked sideways if we fight him without NPCs...

So, that's why I have issue with those three going around, killing, burning, and sucking around everypony as if they owned everything.

2573239

extremely arrogant characters, who just waltz in thinking they can do everything they want, when in fact they are shit.

Pretty much like the (original) character you potray as "Arthas" in your story? Also, what an insightful way to describe his characters.

Ever considered that the author deliberately made reality mingle with WoW mechanics (i.e. the gamepay, not lore or realism) in this story? Because it's rather obvious that's what's happening. I solo kill Kael'thas, Illidan, Archimonde, and Kil'jaeden with my warlock with ease. Why? Because from the game's standpoint all wandering adventurers are demi-godlike in powers strong enough to bring down what lesser men would consider gods (in fact, some of the enemies in WoW are gods). Again, that is what's happening here. Sure, if you look at it from a realistic (what we would consider realistic in the Warcraft universe anyhow) POV you'll quickly discover that the scales would be tipped differently, e.g.they would use cunning rather than directly attacking them with godlike powers. But let's be honest here: it's the Warcraft universe. Power next to godhood is actually not far-fetched there.

But like I've said before, Celestia is no god or divine being; she's an immortal and powerful (but nowhere near invincible) magic-user able to move a celestial body. Hell, considering how strong magic stands in the Warcraft universe a skilled spellcaster or melee-user, even from a realistic standpoint, could have easily given her a very hard time. Because again, next to nothing in the WoW-universe is far-fetched.

But that's not the case in this story. In-game powers mingle with the 'reality' here and therefore the elves are insanely powerful. But who knows: complain and threaten with dislikes enough and we'll probably see some changes. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

But anyway, you actually got a point when you say that the player(s) are more reliant on NPCs' help with certain things, particularly bosses, in WoW these days - ever since BC anyhow - in vanilla and some of BC the adventurers did everything alone.

2573239 Sorry, would have responded to ya sooner, but I have been in a raid. Okay the thing about the elves is that they are scaled to their current level 90 selves, along with the stat increases from their gear. While once the characters were simple weaklings, after years of training and facing the worst the world has to throw at them, they are stronger. They are champions of their people, and have survived many things from being hit by Ragnaros's hammer which would weigh multiple tons, to swimming in lava and living.

Now, let me throw some math at you as well to make my point. If you consider that a level 1 human player character is comparable to that of an average full grown male, on average a full grown human male who is not a bodybuilder can bench press 60kg or 132lbs. A level 1 human before class is configured has a strength score of 20.

With this you can find that 1 point of strength equates to benching 6.6lbs. So, if you then calculate in the strength of a level 90 character you find that WoW has made high level player characters practically super heroes, and even treats you as such when along quest lines in which you are considered a champion of your people, and are sent on solo or small group missions that normally an army would be required to tackle. My Paladin for instance with his gear enhancing him has a strength score of 16,437. This would give him the capability of bench pressing 108,484lbs, the force of utilizing that strength would crush ones own body, unless it was for the durability their body then would have to hold. While further math could be given to calculate how damage equates, for instance the force of my paladin's white melee swing doing a rough average of 20,000 damage non crit, that is from the force of his strength being focused onto a bladed edge. This shows that spellcasting holds devastating force for a level 90.

This is why only a godlike being such as an Alicorn or Spirit of Chaos could hope to stand a chance against them. The three elves are not just simple 'player characters' that gives no credit to what a character has actually achieved. Blizzard has scaled our characters, who are mighty champions and paragons of power for their world, to demigod-like standards. And they know this, it is not arrogance that causes them to act the way they do, it is them knowing just how powerful they are. Their feats in saving the world multiple times is where their confidence comes from.

2574275 Huh... That's actually more plausible than my own rambling.

2574275 As a long time fan of Pokemon, I learned one thing while watching anime and comparing it with games: levels are bullshit.

Imagine, for a moment, that Warcraft is... real life thing. Do you think they would have 90s hovering above their heads? That was a joke, but honestly, would such thing as "level" exist in real life? I agree, as player characters, those three have more experiance, and learned to use their powers better, and are more attuned with them, but the increase of strenght as you wrote in the comment (not sure if I understood that part correctly) is a bit pushing it, in my mind. Don't try to imply game mechanics in story to much. I mean, during fight with Lich King, for example, how would you explain the fact that people keep hit him with their weapons? Spell could be explained by bouncing off his power or something, but weapons? Or, even better, how would the tank survive gettin hit by Frostmourne few times and not dying long enough for healers to heal him or her? Ok, forget the Lich King, he wears full body plate armor, Illidan and Lei Shen go around with bare chests.

Putting that aside... I wanted here to present that even if the paladin fights Celestia using his Light given powers, she should be able to blast him if she puts enough force into attack, but I realized that you would counter that comment with saying that she's not a god. But I mentioned (I think) earlier that alicorns could be considered demigods of this world, and if such is the case... do you think a single paladin could on his own beat Cenarius, Aviana, Goldrinn, or, heavens forbit, Malorne?! I think you underpowered Celestia, Luna, and even Cadance, a bit too much, but I digress. You most surely underpowered guards. I know in my story I made one look pathetic in fight, but he was fighing Arthas, so that was in my mind justified.

Also, you say:

who are mighty champions and paragons of power for their world, to demigod-like standards

You've played the Theramore scenrio, right? Since I assume you're a Horde player, you did a bit of fighting, unlike Aliance, who Blizzard gave a fucked up version after the bomb detonated, but nonetheless, have you read the book Tides of War? There's the whole battle desrcibed, and I have to ask you: why did the player's characters did so little? Because, we don't matter in the long scope. Sure, we get praises, that we brought down Lich King and Ragnaros, or Deathwing, but lore-wise, we don't matter. Otherwise... well, how many times race leaders got killed by now? I know, that this point is a bit of nitpicking. But, if we, the players, were all that powerfull, don't you think that the douche of a warchief would order those three to assault some alliance cities? True, they couldn't do much damage alone, because despite being "heroes of Azeroth" and all that, a single city guard can fuck you up if you visit city alone (the achievement for title Flame Keeper, for example. I am druid, so it's fairly easy, but still...), so conquering cities takes armies, and even if they broke any possible blocking wards and could teleport armies, they would still need things like provisions, and such, but... That warlock went insade Crystal Empire's barrier, I doubt Alliance cities are this protected, since the barrier was created by Crystal Heart powered by the spirit of love and unity.

Speaking off, what was up with that?! Now, you are also insulting Equestria's villains. I know that Sombra isn't liked by fanbase as the other villains, but I like him. I have about three different visions of this character in my stories, because by giving us so little to work with, Hasbro let us, the fanfic writers, exploit the shit out of him. So, anyway, he couldn't get into the Empire because of Cadance, and later power of Crystal Heart destroyed him - or, in your story, banished him or whatever - but this warlock just waltzes into town?! Look, I can get that you make out those three to be champions of their kind and all that, but you cannot make warlock look more powerful as effing Gul'dan, otherwise in game they would stop calling him the most powerful mortal warlock! He couldn't find a way to get into Silvermoon during Second War, which was protected by Sunwell. That is kinda the same situation... and the blood elf just walks in.

Also, bear in mind that I don't expect you to change your story because I dislike it currently. I myself ignored most of complains for my stories. Of course, I replied them in the comments and all, but I wouldn't change my story - as one person suggested, to rewrite a whole chapter - because I started writing for fun, no popularity. It is your story, and do with it what you like. I am just saying that I am unhappy, that is my personal opinion, you don't know me, so you can reply to me plain old "fuck you" :rainbowwild:

PS: You know, I just recalled that few years ago I planned to write a Warcraft fanfic, but ultimately dropped the idea. The main character would be blood elf demon hunter, veteran of First and Second War (as a ranger, or, adventrurer, if you will, seeing as elf took no part in the First War.. I thought this up few years ago, when I didn't knew WoW story too well yet, so this part is a bit farfetched) , originally loyal to Kael, but year or so he defected along with the Scrayers... long story. I am mentioning that, because I just tried to imagine how he would react to those three... with his hatred for Kael'thas' ways... Bloodbath is the punchline:pinkiecrazy: Sorry for bringing this up, but I it hit me as amusing, for some reason.

2577091 You are right in the fact that levels do not exist irl, but as I said, they are scaled to their level 90 statistics, and they are all wearing armour and bearing weapons that are powerful enough to be considered of epic stature. Sure at the time old foes were difficult, however I like to think when you take your character now and have them solo old raids, its more of a 'what if', such as what if I fought them as I am now. The thing about the way the warcraft universe seems to work is that every single living thing is constantly growing and becoming stronger due to the harsh warlike times. For instance, that would explain why Ragnaros is stronger in Firelands than he was in Molten Core, aside from him fighting on his home turf. It explains why faction leaders get stronger as time has gone on, along with the guards. Equestria has not had that opportunity to strive against something in a dire race for survival. Not to mention I believe you give the player characters too little credit. If we look at it realistically each faction is supposed to only have maybe 25 to 40 active champions, and these champions are the ones that are always called upon to take on the biggest baddest threat there is. Lich King threatens the world? Call in the champions. Deathwing is going to destroy all of Azeroth? Call in the champions. Heck, the Lich King himself told Tirion that he had assembled the greatest fighting force that the world had ever known, and it was only 25 people.

As for the Sombra bit, I hinted at the fact that the more evil you have the more the Crystal Heart affects you. Weaver would not summon a demon because they would be obliterated or driven mad with agony upon being touched by the Crystal Heart's magic. Weaver while somewhat evil, is not entirely evil. More of a 'for the greater good' kind of evil. It then goes to reason that Sombra stands on the 'demonic' level of evil, and instead of putting him down I actually thought I was giving him credit in saying that he was truly evil in all senses of the word.

Finally I'll touch upon Celestia retreating from Dizastrous, she was close quarters with an enemy of immense strength and no way to press her advantage of flight having been in an enclosed space. I give Celestia a little more credit in the sense of a strategist than a head on fighter. The logical thing to do there is to retreat from the heavily armored melee, and press the advantage or ranged, air, and even numbers. A thousand years of peace tends to leave one a little rusty in upfront combat, and I think because of this Celestia relies more on brains than brawns in a combat situation.

2577572 Well, okay, the bosses are getting harder to kill and all that, but they don't become stronger, only game makes them stronger, otherwise they would have to take away the system of leveling. It's like... you have Deadmines, and then are heroic Deadmines. And besides, do you actually believe that the Lich King will turn out to be weaker than Garrosh? I mean, at this point, the fight with Lich King is fairly easy, with 90 level characters, I did 25 version with... 11 people, I think, few months ago, trying to get Invincible. And now will come Garrosh... ghhr, I hate this guy!
And, on a side note, I believe that Lich King could fight with Deathwing and probably win. I would even go as far as to say that he was prepering for his return, since he knew it due Ner'zhul's visions. I mean, he calls Azeroth: "Wretched world", calls out "APOCALYPSE!" (and somehow, he made this riddiculously silly sounding battlecry sound awesome)... I think he knew about incoming end of the world. That would also explain why we could see the vision of him inside Yogg-Saron's brain, and there are some theories on the internet that Matthias Lehner, the ghost that supposedly was Arthas humanity, was actually an apparision of the Old Gods, trying to weaken the Lich King.

I can buy that bit of explenation with Sombra and Crystal Heart, but if that is how Crystal Heart works in your story, it creates continuity error: how did Sombra took over the Crystal Empire in the first place? Although, in all honesty, this problem is present nonetheless, Hasbro should have explained that issue a bit more...

Well, you got me there. I didn't thought about Celestia being more affective in fight from longer distance, despite having few plans for her fights in my stories. I suppose it was because the last time I read story with her fighting, she was facing a dark jedi, and she made a "lightsaber" came out of her horn or something. Still, though, one would think Celestia would have prepared few counter-measures in case of facing somepony in close distance. Just because she didn't need to fight in over thousand years (most likely, I mean, we have no idea if her reign since Luna's banishment was that peaceful), doesn't mean she wouldn't foresee such scenario. Granted, she might have not expected a being from another world, but still, she is to smart to not think she might face somepony too strong for her at some point of time. Then again, she did loose to Chrysalis... I guess she didn't expect her to gain so much power from eating on Shining's love.

2577572 After few days of consideration, I decided to change my dislike back into like (would be better if I could just cancel dislike, but nevermind).

The reasoning you presented is, well, reasonable. I suppose the only thing that I could really have problems with is that you think that while changing game based story into book format levels matter (seriously, 90 level players can now solo C'Thun, but a rodent it some brewery requires 5 people to kill, level doesn't matter. It exist purely for entertainment, so that we will have reason for going into all new zones to level up and so that bosses will keep getting harder), which in turn made those three to be so overpowered it's not even funny.

Despite my current dislike of main characters, and ponies unability to deal with them, this is good story, well written and thought out. Overall, I suppose I should be happy, because you've proved what I know since Cataclysm: Horde people are thiefs, cowards, and butchers (yes, I took that from "Tides of War")! Their NPCs are also the best players there are: they complain and whine when they loose, and brag when they win. I mean, those guest givers, especially orcish quest givers... eh, I'm getting off topic. But seriously, they complain that the "Alliance, despite having all of Eastern Kingdom (while in reality they have half), doesn't allow them to have Kalimdor for the glory of the Horde, yada yada" all the time! One: no, their not, this is called "balance of power", two, the orcs fucked up one world, they are surprise nobody wants to see them growing bigger!?

I suppose I am a little pissed, though, since blood elves are along trolls my favorite Horde races, and at least their leadership (current) seems to act with honor and all that. Although, I will agree that not all of blood elves are like that (I think we even had this discussion few chapters ago), seeing as there were those two Sunreavers that really work for Garrosh, the one during Fall of Theramore, the other helping to get Horde players to Darnassus. I get that they are doing this for the good of their people, to cure their addiction (same reason Reliquary exist, do they work for them? You know, part time?), but...they are almost going through the corpses of ponies at this point. Killing undeads, trolls, demons and all that jizz is one thing, even killing other blood elves is in that thing, but killing ponies? Seriously? You made a cow level of Equestria for them.

So, to sum up, I am again liking this story, as I can't be "neutral" after once voting for one of the two options. I do hope that the rest of this story will be more satisfying for me, but if it won't, well, tough luck for me. But please, for the love of... Light, Elune, the spirits, ancestors, Elements, Malore, Cenarius, as well as Thrall's balls and Celestia's flaming tits, please, kill at least one of those Bastards of the Sunwell!!! (sorry if my use of your title offended you, I thought is was funny)

PS: You know, I cannot help but wonder... most Warcraft Crossovers that are on this website center around Horde characters (at least, that's how it was the last time I checked). Why? I mean, isn't Alliance's principals of honor and nobilty more along the lines of Equestria? And don't go with "Those are empty words of Alliance's scum", after which you would bring out the Camp Taurajo, I'm tired explaining to the Horde's "loyalists" players how wrong they are with this on forums and youtube's comments.
And when I show a bit of favoratism for Alliance in my story (which was totally justified by lore), I get angry comments. Eh.

2586445

most Warcraft Crossovers that are on this website center around Horde characters

There's one in particular where the Alliance are the main focus, and they help Equestria against the big, bad, puppy-eating, baby-kicking Horde(!!!). It's Alliance bias where the Horde gets trampled into the dirt at its finest; you'll love it.

Also, the Horde is not the bad guys in the Southern Barrens. Everybody knows that Ambassador Gaines is the master asshole there (who in turn has no honor, nor nobilty).

2587147 I know they are not the bad guys, and frankly, I don't care who is. This is war, after all. What I have problems with is that all the Horde players are using this as "prove" that Alliance isn't all about honor as they claim, that they butchered a bunch of civilians - hell, even in books Tides of War the Horde characters such as Baine think so. But what those people don't know, or more like don't want to know, is that:
1. This camp had been used to recruit, equip, and train Horde infantry for many years!!! Are they fucking retarted with claiming it hadn't!? I have played in vanilla there with just one character years ago, but I still recall doing quests there!!!
2. During the attack the general ordered his men to leave a gap open in the line so the citizens of Taurajo may escape. Granted, there were casulties, but THIS IS A FUCKING WAR!!! Something that Hordes enjoy so much, but whine like puppies once they get kicked in the face!!! Hell, we even had to go kill looters of this camp, out of respect and all that. NAME ONE TIME WHEN HORDE ALLOWED CIVILIANS TO ESCAPE! Granted, Alliance people are smart and don't keep their civilians going around, so they had less chances...
3.What FUCKING rights do Horde players have to complain!? Because, for Alliance, we lost in Cataclysm Prince Gallen Trollbane to the Forsaken, while the guy we've been killing for quest that was Horde (bah, Horde quest giver) Nathanos Blightcaller still lives, we loose the battle for Andorhal, which maybe wasn't Alliance, but was quest zone, there is Horde in most of Ashenvale with Silverwing Outpost being taken over, Azshara, neutral zone is now Horde questing zone, Southshore and the rest of Hillsbrad Foothills is practically "new plaguelands"... and Horde players were bitching over Camp Taurajo!!! Seriously, some whiny bitch even started discusion on forum!!!

This whole hatred from the Horde players irritates me to no end. At least when I repeat what I've written above in youtube comments and such they shut the fuck up.

2587293 Wow... Calm down, will you? It's a sodding game... :unsuresweetie: I get it; you're die-hard pro-Alliance and die-hard anti-Horde, but jeez...

2587382 Sorry, that's my typical response when matter of Camp Taurajo is discussed, forgot to tune it down a bit. And I kinda watch to much of Nostalgia Critic as of late...

And no, I am not pro or anti anything (although, I admit, ever since Cataclysm Alliance is better in my eyes). I am just frustrated by the favoratism Blizzard showed in Cataclysm for Horde, and that the Horde players still complain about something like this.

2587415 Ah, the Nostalgia Critic. He has certain influences on me as well.
For better or worse.

Anyway, I think the Horde is being focused on a bit more at the moment because they are currently being pushed off a cliff by Garrosh's reckless and merciless reign. And saying the Alliance is better doesn't actually strike me as wrong. Heck, I didn't like Varian in WotLK (until in ICC when he allowed Saurfang to retrieve his only son's body) but now he's probably favourite character because he's ruling his people as a good king should (he's actually the reason I play as Arms because I respect him).

Nevertheless, when Garrosh is, shall we say, 'retired' as Warchief we'll see where the relationship between the Horde and the Alliance goes. It's been said many times that peace is a possibility when Garrosh is gone, and with the upcoming threat of the Burning Legion I think it's plausible.

Well, this has kinda gone off topic... Let's try and put it back k? :rainbowhuh:

I'm glad to see the updates you've released, really liking the whole saving my race angle. I mean yeah, they might doom another race but their own will be saved from extinction... it's an interesting philosophy discussion. And personally I'm glad that Tia is getting her butt whooped, the way she acted during the changeling invasion set my teeth on edge. And heck, during the last episode it was shown she was playing the destiny card...she KNEW the main 6 were gonna be in danger and played the whole wise leader role...no matter how it was for the 'greater good' she still used them. So yeah, me likey the face punching! :pinkiehappy: :pinkiecrazy:

Login or register to comment