• Published 26th Dec 2012
  • 561 Views, 14 Comments

A Friendly Visit - Haybales22



Fluttershy's cousin comes to town delivering feed and supplies for the animals and decides to let her introduce her to her friends. (First fanfic feauring my OC, Haybales, don''t laugh)

  • ...
5
 14
 561

Awkward Much?

Haybales found what she was looking for in a cooler brought by somepony. She grabbed an apple cider and sat on the loveseat in the den. She closed her eyes and tried to count the "Wubs" in the current song that was playing. She was counting under her breath and was dimly aware of another pony sitting down next to her. She heard an intake of breath and held up her hoof to that general direction without looking. "Shh. Counting wubs. 129, 130, 131.." and so on until the song was over. The pony beside her remained seated beside her, either very patient, had a very urgent need to talk to her or was very drunk. "957 wubs." she proclaimed, and turned to see Big Mac grinning at her, barely containing a laugh. They went in hysterics for about 15 minutes before they calmed down enough to speak, fueled by a mix of social awkwardness and alcohal. Big Mac cleared his throat and suppressed another giggle, and then turned to Haybales and looked her in the eye. " You wouldnt by any chance like to count the 'wubs' with me on Saturday?" She looked at him quizzically. He held up two slips of paper with "DJ PON3" written on them. " I have these tickets to a live concert for Saturday in Las Pegasus and Applejack hates dubtrot, so I was wondering if you wanted to go. With me." He seemed very nervous, and she could almost see a blush on his crimson cheeks. "Of course I'll go, Mac!" she exclaimed. They organized for transport. They would meet at the club, which was called "the Marequee". They fell asleep on the loveseat amid laughing ponies and utter chaos.

Rarity saw the entire thing from the stool near the counter where Berry Punch was mixing drinks. She ordered a maretini and some cherries, and watched the "happy couple" laugh and joke. She saw Big Mac waving tickets around. she saw that they were for a "DJ PON3" concert, and immediately lost interest. Dubtrot wasn't real music in her eyes. She listened to mostly classical music and the occasional hit single. She sipped her drink and stared as the two ponies embracedd and fell asleep together. A plot was brewing in her fancy little head, and it was not a plot for making friends...

Author's Note:

Yes, ponies have alchohal. deal with it. Maretini was an intentional pun.