• Published 15th Jan 2012
  • 8,393 Views, 362 Comments

Whooves, Doctor of Psychology - nowego



Doctor Whooves is assigned to Ponyville to assess the mental health of the Mane 6.

  • ...
15
 362
 8,393

Chapter 22: Month 10, Day 3

*Cough cough* Gosh, this thing is dusty.

Guess I shouldn’t be surprised, though. That’s what happens when you don’t use something for eight, nine, maybe ten months. Things got a little busy after that party, and a lot of stuff changed. I just didn’t get back around to recording again... and as life has it for me now, I don’t think I’ll need to.

I guess I’d better try to cover a little bit of what’s happened since then, before I sign off. Permanently.

(Cue music)

Well, right after the celebration, Twilight and Luna went to the latter’s residence to study their common interest together. I don’t know how they found out about each other’s studies, but I suppose things could have ended worse than they did. Beyond that, I know little. After the royal visit, I have had little contact with the royal sisters or the Bearers, excepting the regular day-to-day contact any regular pony has. They each still have their little quirks, and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

As for the ponies closer to my heart, a lot changed. Colgate and Lucky went to Los Pegasus, where Lucky can capitalize on his talents. Colgate has her share of work too, and they’re living together happily. Lucky sold Oakback Slack’s to Berry Punch, who is maintaining her rejuvenated relationship with Colgate through pen and ink.

Aloe and Lotus are still running the spa, of course. Rarity is still their most avid customer, but I think they’ve learned the difference between talk and action now, something most of us take for granted.

Lyra and Bonbon made contact and are rebuilding their relationship with Bonbon’s parents (I am proud to say that that was none of my doing). They also finally told Lyra’s parents, which is also going well so far as they’ve told me.

Carrot Top still lives next door to us, and makes a great house-sitter. She’s maintained her rationality and keeps us on the straight and narrow path, for which I am very thankful to call her my friend.

Sparkler, with some financial help, is now in school and well on her way to her degree.

Dinky got her cutie mark two days ago. Ditzy and I are so proud... a new feeling to me. One I think I can live with rather easily, though. She’s growing up so quickly...

As for me? Well, Ditzy and I moved along pretty fast after that last tie with Canterlot was cut. I moved in when we got married, and now we rent out the top of my old house and I use the bottom as an office for my counselling now. Not psychiatric so much anymore... I’ve found my gift is even more applicable in the emotional and relationship areas than it ever was in psychiatry.

Needless to say, Ditzy doesn’t work double shifts for the mail anymore; she needs her sleep, and gets it now. Except on Thursdays.

Neither of us gets much sleep on those nights.

Anyway, I think that’s all the recap I have time for. The aromas from Ditzy’s breakfast muffins are starting to waft through the floor, and it’s cold up here in the attic anyways, what with this snow we’re having. Time to get back to my family.

Whooves, signing off for the last time.

Here comes the sun.

~The End~

Comments ( 64 )

33228
Nope, never read that. Coincidence.

50 words short of 90 k (OH COME ON!) Also did some cleaning up on previous chapters.

Well, this is it, everypony. Thanks for reading, rating and commenting :pinkiehappy: and see you next time!

It's over :fluttercry::raritycry: least its a happy over :pinkiehappy:

sad to see it end, but at least it was a happy one.

My friend. I loved waiting for updates on this story. It was a treasure each and every time to open my e-mail and see that there was an update. You portrayed every character as realistic and accurate as I have ever seen. By far, this would be my favorite Dr. Whooves. I thank you for everything and I also will tell you: Keep On Writing. I am hopeful to see more of your writings and crafts in the future.
Your Friend,
Fallen

Jolly good show.:moustache:
Let us shed manly tears at this moment, and let us never forget

Aww... it's over.
At least I found the story when the previous chapter was released. No waiting to see what happens next!

Other than that, a phenomenal story, a great concept and excellent execution. Wish there was more to read, but all good things must come to an end.

The manliest tears.

MY GOD I LOVE YOU I LOVE EVERYTHING EVERYTHING IS PERFECT OH MY GOD

*explodes in a shower of pure joy and happiness*

I'm sad to see it go, though. I like how you didn't go into tons of detail about everything at the end, opting to simply show us that we have a happy ending, for the foreseeable future. It's...perfect.

im sad to see this story end. BUT ATLEAST I CAN DOWNLOAD THE FULL VERSION NOW!

But but but....THIS WAS THE STORY WHICH GOT ME INTO FIM-FANFICTION! HOW CAN IT BE OVER!?
I....I'm so sadhappy.....

Fin

Another amazing story comes to a end.
~Fin

It... it ended? This is over?
...Okay, sure, all the reasons given in your Author's Note are valid, and I knew that at least a major arc was winding down from the style, but, well - you wrote a timeskip epilogue! You killed it! How could you? This fic was too good to die!

*Cough*.
Er, yes - I feel that this particular work was of high quality and ended too soon. Unfortunately, I can't really see how it could have been extended, nor do I believe that there could possibly have been a better place to, or method of, ending it.
I choose to ignore my own logic however, in favour of blaming someone for robbing me of an enjoyable fic - how dare you, ser!

what.the fuck. is WITH THESE DAMN COINCIDENCESZEezezez....?!?!
I was listening to that song--not the same video, the same song--and you place it here!!
WHAT THE FUCK!
...sigh, sorry, sorry
I liked this a LOT. one of my favorite stories now actually.
so yeah
GOOD WORK MAN!
I think you deserve a reward
I imagine the family kinda looks like this now?

img.ponibooru.org/_images/9dd045453317d37f10807fa28c5596e0/99590%20-%20Amethyst_Star%20artist%3Asaturnspace%20Best_Family%20derpy_hooves%20dinky_hooves%20Doctor_Whooves%20family%20K-9%20source_missing.png

Gem

867899
Write "Screw Flanders" 25 times?


Many a manly tear has been shed during this saga, and for that sir, I thank you.
Bravo.
kyru.net/gallery/d/161-1/kaneclap.gif

I'm sad that it's over but I will rejoice in such a well written love story.
Thank you:twilightsmile:

My only complaint is that the end has arrived and I can no longer look forward to this enchanting tale. :ajsleepy: It will be missed, but all good things must come to an end. :twilightsmile:

Started reading this because it said psychology, instead I got a magnificent story. Great job Nowego:twilightsmile:

TMH

Jolly good show!:pinkiehappy:
I can say that this has been a highly enjoyable story and I look forward to many more from you.

Carry On

YAY HAPPY ENDING!!!
This was quite a ride. I loved it. Great work.

It was a nice, lovely ending to the tale that was kinda sweet, if not average-ish. At least, average-ish until I saw the picture. That was beautifully perfect, and I literally shed a single tear. Not cliche. One tear.

You must continue! Another story! This time about Dinky when she is older, out to find LOVE! :heart:

simply fantastic.

Congrats on finishing the ONLY fanfic I have ever favorited on FimFiction (I currently have about 40-50 stories in progress and have read well over 100 different fics I assume).
Every chapter for me was just such a relaxing and joyful experience. The plot, characterization, and dialogue were all masterfully done.
I really do hope you decide to write another fanfic even if it's not related to this one - you have talent my friend.
A perfect ending to a perfect fanfic.

Take all of my victories, all of my wins!

You sir, are a gentlemen and a scholar!!!!!! :heart:

:heart:
I got nothing else

You... you end it with The Beatles? I LOVE YOU!
I truly enjoy a good love story, especially if it has a happy ending, and by god did this have a happy ending? :rainbowkiss:
-Glassed

868872 eh, the problem is that some avid readers just can't bear to see things end.

My sister always pitches a fit whenever she finishes a book. That's why she has piles of half-read books near he bed (at least, that's what she claims. I stand by "she's too lazy to put them in their proper place")

Anyway, can't add much that wasn't said already...

I kinda assumed that the timeskip would reveal a little foal in the making >.< bad bad me, I know.

868628 As the Doctor has said before: "K9!!"

This was a great ending to a great story. It perfectly fits with how many movies and stories have ended. Bravo :moustache:

this was one of the first stories i started reading when my friend and fellow brony told me about this site. and it is also the story that kept me interested in the fan fiction and kept bringing me back. i loved this story and am actually very sad that it had to end like all good things must. but i have to say that this is a story i will never forget and will always have a special spot in my heart and mind. thank you so much for this wonderful story that kept me awake for hours on end. i couldnt have asked for more.:pinkiehappy:

This is best fanfic i have ever read, good work i mean it:ajsmug:

Brilliant. Pity that all good things must come to an end.

Sad to see it end as well, but at least it was on a good note. I would have liked to see a new foal on the way but maybe it was a little too soon? I enjoyed every word of this story and I don't question the reasons behind Celestia helping Whooves. She is a princess and she saw one of her subjects in a rut that could be saved so she did. It is good to see that she doesn't work double shift now. She does need the sleep. (Except on Thursdays of course. :trollestia: :derpytongue2:. No pony of that age sleeps on Thursdays.)

*EPIC GENTLMAN STANDING OVATION*

fucking. loved. it.

Read it in one afternoon, loved it!

Best Lyra-BonBon relationship i've seen so far.
You sir deserved a mustache! :moustache:

(sorry for the grammar i'm not english!)

Wonderful story. The tale itself was deep but still fun, and your characterizations were amazing, imho. It's always fun to see alternate takes on Doctor Whooves (having never watched Doctor Who, the usual goes over my head), and this version was one of the better I've seen. Of course, as I am myself a wannabe Psychologist, a terrible cook, a bit oblivious to the styles and tastes of today, and just generally almost a photocopy of your Whooves, perhaps I'm a bit biased... :derpytongue2: Der- er, Ditzy was handled excellently as well; it's always refreshing to see her cast as a normal pony, and you hit a lovely balance in her. And at the risk of ranting too much with this comment, Lyra and Bon-Bon are one of my favorite pairings and I absolutely loved them here! :pinkiehappy: Anyway, thanks for the great read. I'll definitely be watching for any future work!

:ajsmug: lovely:heart: This story has been heartwarming through and through.

Probably a little tardy to the party, but I finally got around to reading this story on Google Docs.
Really, just fantastic. Your unique take on Doctor Hooves went over so well, and the sense of humor was also perfect.
Brillo job mate. Keep up the excellent work!

I liked this fanfic very much.:pinkiehappy:

This is the story that I spent the last 3 days reading and the reason I had to make an account here to comment. I LOVE this story :heart:

Only one word can describe that picture d'awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

1137970

Well thanks! They used to allow anon comments, that's why that line was in there.

1158197
Yeah I saw where it said that anonymous comments were currently not allowed but I wanted to comment anyway. Also YOU'RE ABSOLUTELY WELCOME

I read this entire thing in one sitting. In the span of...

Uh... Less than 10 hours I think...

And needless to say... I loved it.

Beautifully written, with an equally, if not more, beautiful end.

I applaud you, good sir. Or madam. :moustache:

I found this to be an overall wonderful story, but I don't like the ending. Personally, I hate stories where it turns out Celestia was manipulating the main character to teach them a lesson. I would have preferred if he was actually sent there to diagnose their problems. It is a very engaging story otherwise, I just don't like that part.

1771046

It's a ponification of "Cosmopolitan," which can mean the cocktail, or (and in this case) the magazine by the same name, among other things.

I have read it twice now, it's still AWESOME:ajsmug:

this ... was an amazing fic. I Do hope to see more of your works some day!

Login or register to comment