• Published 16th Dec 2012
  • 1,146 Views, 13 Comments

My Fair Twilie (Book 2/3) - AdrianJNovelle



With her horn destroyed and her body lame, Twilight must now start her new life as an acting earth pony. How will she cope with her new circumstances? Will love guide her through her darkest hour?

  • ...
16
 13
 1,146

Chapter 4 - Learning the Truth

Spike awoke to the bright light of the morning sun.

"What? How'd I get out here?"

He looked around, then noticing Twilight and the mysterious stallion sleeping together in Twilight's bed. He hurried to the window and banged on it with his tiny dragon fists. The loud noises woke the sleeping couple.

Twilight rubbed her eye. "Wha...what's going on?" she asked. Her vision came into focus, and she saw Spike outside. "Oh, yeah," she crawled out of bed, approached the window, and re-opened it for her assistant. Dawn stretched as he awoke.

"Twilight! What the heck? Why was I outside? And-" Spike noticed Dawn getting out of bed. "Who in the hoof is that?"

"That's my..." Twilight pondered an appropriate term for the stallion. "...coltfriend, Dawn."

"Coltfriend?" asked Spike. "Since when do you have a coltfriend? When did you meet this guy? And...why were you sleeping together in your bed?"

Twilight put on a fake smile. Dawn approached the two.

"Morning, little one," said he, a smile spelled across his visage. "And morning to you too, Twilie."

Twilight turned her head. "Morning, Dawn." She turned back to Spike. "Spike, this is Dawn, my coltfriend."

"Pleasure," greeted Dawn warmly.

"Pleasure," replied Spike sarcastically. "Twilight, you know how I feel about you getting coltfriends without telling me first."

"No I don't!" Twilight exclaimed. "Dawn is the first coltfriend I've ever had."

"Okay then, let me tell you: I don't like you getting coltfriends without consulting me."

"Why do I need your permission to date who I want?"

"Because without my permission, you think you can just send me outside so you two can sleep together. I thought you were over with sleeping with other ponies, Twilight."

"With the girls, yes, but not for my new coltfriend, Spike."

"And why did you need to kick me outside to-" Spike figured it out. "Did you two...have sex last night?"

Twilight blushed visibly. "Maaaaaaybe."

Spike gasped. "Twilight!"

"Well, it's not my fault! I'm just sexually attracted to Dawn is all."

"Cutie Mark Failure Insanity Syndrome," mumbled Spike.

"Sexuality is not a symptom of insanity! My sexual activity has nothing to do with my inability to cast a spell."

"So it's coincidence?"

"Precisely, Spike. How dare you convict my love for Dawn as a product of my misfortune!"

"Spike..." began Dawn at last. "That was harsh." Dawn whispered something inaudible into Twilight's ear; she nodded.

"I may not be able to cast a spell," she said aloud. "But Dawn can!"

Dawn used his magic to open the window, and send Spike back outside, locking it on the inside.

Spike pounded against the glass.

"Care to apologize?" asked Twilight snidely as she came closer to the window so Spike could hear better.

"Yes!" Spike exclaimed. "I'm sorry!"

Twilight sighed. "Let him in, Dawn. I think he gets the point."

Dawn nodded once and proceeded to open the window, and even brought Spike down on his two feet before letting him go.

"Dawn and I are coltfriend and foalfriend - cayce?" asked Twilight darkly.

Spike nodded enthusiastically.

"Now then, Dawn, why don't I introduce you to my friends? I'm sure they'll be happy to meet you."

"Sounds most wonderful," replied Dawn.


"Dawn, this is Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, and Applejack."

"My, my, my, you were not kidding about your palette of friends, Twilight. Aren't they just adorable?"

Twilight giggled. "Yeah, they are."

"So you're the Ms. Rarity," continued Dawn, approaching the pony. "Word on the street is that you are the most beautiful pony in Ponyville."

Rarity blushed mildly.

"Well, I must say, you do not disappoint," Dawn added, intentionally not calling Rarity more beautiful than Twilight. "You certainly are a handsome youngling to say the least."

Handome thought Rarity. Not 'charming' not 'lovely' not 'beautiful' not 'smashing?' Handsome.

"And the rest of you: cute as a bug's ear. All of you. Especially you two," Dawn pointed to Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy. Both girls blushed.

Pinkie Pie bounced up to him. She instantly started wildly shaking hooves with him. "Hi hi hi! I'm Pinkie Pie!"

"I would've guessed," replied, trying to keep up with Pinkie's speed. "Your colors gave you away, dear."

"Welcome to Ponyville! What is your special talent? Are you seeing anyone? Happy as hell to meet you!"

"Thank you; painting; yes; pleasure to meet your acquaintance as well."

"I- Wait...did you just say you were seeing someone?"

"That I am."

"Who?"

Dawn put his arm around Twilight. "Ms. Sparkle."

"TWILIGHT!?" everypony gasped.

"It's just sex," Twilight protested.

"Sex?" Rarity asked. "But Twilight, you're just a teenager...in pony relativity: you shouldn't be having sex!"

"I don't care. I fell in love with Dawn, and I LET HIM HAVE ME!"

"Blech!" Pinkie Pie stuck out her tongue.

"C'mon, Dawn, let us be on our way."

They started away together, Dawn's arm still around Twilight.

"Twilight, wait!" Rarity hollered. She caught up with the couple. "May I speak with you for a moment...in private?"

"Is that ok, Dawn?"

"It is; just meet me back at my place when you're through."

Dawn continued off.

"Yes, Rarity?"

"Twilight, I'm not gonna lie to you: I am repulsed that you would engage in premarital sex...However, I am a romantic, and, as far as anypony's concerned, a sexual pony. If you're so in love with Dawn, Twilight, then do the right thing, make your parents proud, and marry him!"

"What do my parents have to do with-"

"Irrelevant. Marry him, Twilight," Rarity began her return to the group. "I would if I were you."

But doesn't the stallion propose asked the mare to herself. She shrugged and reported to Dawn's place.


"Bah! Don't look!" Dawn desperately tried to cover the painting he had just been working on when Twilight entered.

"What?" inquired his foalfriend.

"Oh, um...while you were talking with Rarity, I had taken the liberty of finishing the painting I started of you."

"That quickly?"

"I'm a faster painter when I'm, as they say, in the zone."

"I see...so...?"

"So what?"

"Is there going to be a presentation of your masterpiece?"

"Oh. Yes. Um...close your eyes, I want this to be mounted for display before you see it."

Twilight both closed and covered her eyes as Dawn lifted the painting using the magic from his horn and mounted it to a hook on the wall he was facing. He stood aside. "Ahem! I present to you, the lovely Miss Twilight Acorna Sparkle - in perfect reproduction!"

Twilight opened her eyes. Her pupils shrank with nothing but pure amazement as she gazed into her own eyes.

"Well, what do you think? You like?"

"I do...I...I love it, Dawn. It's...it's just beautiful!"

"I knew you'd love it."

Twilight ran up to Dawn and hugged him.

"Oh, Dawn...you're just so great!" Twilight gave him a kiss; he kissed her back on the top of her head, by her horn.

"Say, Twilight...are you busy tonight?"

"No, why?"

Author's Note:

In case you couldn't tell from context, coltfriend is the pony equivalent to boyfriend and foalfriend is the equivalent of girlfriend. Since the terms "boy" and "girl" are applied, I decided to use the more youthful denotation of "mare" and "stallion." Plus, "stallionfriend" is just too freaken corny.