• Published 15th Dec 2012
  • 710 Views, 4 Comments

once bitten, twice fluttershy - forleaf



fluttershy gets a coltfriend, based of the story by MIKEANTHONY321 around the same time as http://www.fimfiction.net/story/56450/answers

  • ...
8
 4
 710

Whats for lunch?

The next morning, Fluttershy woke up, got breakfast, and fed all her critter friends. But the whole time, she had something on her mind. Or should I say, somepony.

"I need to see him again." Fluttershy thought to herself.

She moped around her house for a while more, then decided to go to Sugarcube Corner for lunch. As she walked absent mindedly, she almost missed Applejack and Twilight sitting in front of the library.

"Hey Fluttershy, are you okay?" Twilight asked, concerned.

Fluttershy jumped, then realized that it was Twilight who shocked her from her thoughts.

“Yes, I’m fine. I just have a lot on my mind… I met this colt…"

Both Twilight and Applejack interrupted her.

"A colt?!"

Fluttershy smiled at their surprise.

"Yes, his name is Freedom."

Twilight and Applejack had the same look of surprise they did when Rainbow Dash performed the Sonic Rainboom.

Fluttershy's stomach rumbled, and she turned to leave.

"I'll see you guys later. I’m starving."

She left them standing with dumbfounded looks on their faces. As she approached Sugercube Corner, she was tackled by a pink blur and was greeted with Pinkie Pie's smiling face.

"Hi Fluttershy! What are you doing here on this beautiful day!?" Pinkie asked excitedly.

"Hi Pinkie. I just came for some sweetened hay fries" Fluttershy said with a smile (she hadn’t seen Pinkie for about a week).

As Pinkie turned to go get Fluttershy's order, they heard a voice come from behind them.

"Hey, put that on my tab and get me a blueberry muffin please."

They turned to see a pony wearing a leather jacket with a blue mane. He walked over to Fluttershy's table and sat down.

________________________________________

They sat in silence until Freedom broke the silence.

"I really never thought I'd be able to see you again."

He looked down at the crumbs on his plate, then looked directly in her eyes. "And you may not hear it much, but you have the most beautiful eyes I’ve ever seen."

Fluttershy blushed and looked up at him.

"Thanks, I think you’re very handsome yourself." She said with a small grin.

He smiled at her as Pinkie came up to their table to give them the bill. They paid, left the store, and started walking around. Not really going anywhere, just enjoying each other’s company.

"So Freedom, where are you from? I've lived in Ponyville since I was a filly and I’ve never seen you before."

He looked down at the ground, and started to tell the story that Flash had told her the night before. He added some extra details.

"When I left, I went straight to Fillydelphia and lived on the street trying to find where I really belonged. I never in my life thought I'd ever come back to Ponyville, but my job as the road hand for the Manefits had brought me back."

Fluttershy looked over at him and asked, "When was the last time you saw your brother?"

Freedom looked at the ground with a hurt look on his face. "It's been years, I doubt he even would want to see me again. I bet he feels like I deserted him."

Fluttershy sat down on a hill, and he sat next to her. They looked in the sky. She looked back over at him again

"Do you remember the rainbow-maned pony that was with me at the concert?"

He laughed. "How could I forget that drunk wreck?!" He started laughing so hard that he was rolling on the ground and gasping for air. Fluttershy smiled and stopped his rolling.

"That’s my friend Rainbow Dash. She's Flash’s wife."

He stopped laughing immediately.

"You....you mean she is my sister in law?" He asked in disbelief.

Fluttershy nodded, grabbed his hoof, and started to lift off the ground.

"Come with me. I have a surprise for you."

________________________________________

Elsewhere in Ponyville, Rainbow Dash and Flash were out on their own ‘hot date’. They were at the most exclusive restaurant in Ponyville, and they had just finished their meal. Rainbow smiled.

"I’m so glad that Cadence and Twi could watch the kids tonight. I really needed this."

He smiled at his wife, but sadly said,

"Yeah....me too…"

Rainbow frowned and asked what was wrong.

"It's Freedom. I can’t believe that he was in Ponyville and I didn’t even get to say hi."

At that moment Rainbow's phone buzzed. She looked at it, and saw that it was Fluttershy asking her to meet her at the library and to bring Flash with her. Rainbow smirked and thought to herself. "What does she have up her sleeve?"

They got up and started walking to the library.

________________________________________

(Back at the library)

Freedom and Fluttershy sat on a bench by the library waiting, but only Fluttershy knew what for. Freedom looked at her impatiently.

"What are we waiting here for? This bench reminds me of when I was homeless."

Fluttershy smiled. "You'll see."

Just then, Rainbow and Flash turned the corner and Freedom and Flash's jaws dropped at the same time as they spotted each other.

To be Continued…

Author's Note:

hey sorry for the long wait and the short chapter i've had some personal issues that needed taking care of but now that its over i can work on the story again :) Enjoy