• Published 15th Dec 2012
  • 710 Views, 4 Comments

once bitten, twice fluttershy - forleaf



fluttershy gets a coltfriend, based of the story by MIKEANTHONY321 around the same time as http://www.fimfiction.net/story/56450/answers

  • ...
8
 4
 710

FREEDOM

"Now how did Rainbow explain how to do this?" said Fluttershy to herself quietly. A week ago Rainbow Dash and her husband Thunder Flash had stopped by her cottage and Rainbow helped her set up an account on a dating website. Throughout the week she has had several colts add her on the site but had no clue how to use it.

*Knock knock knock*

"I wonder who that could be?"

Fluttershy went and opened the door. "Oh, hi Rainbow. What brings you here?"

The cyan pony smiled and proudly said, "I stuck Thunder with the foals tonight so we could have a girl’s night out. I mean… I had a strange feeling the website thing wasn't doing too good for you."

Fluttershy looked embarrassed. "Yeah... I can’t even figure out how to pull up the colts who add me. But… where would we go?" she asked timidly.

"I thought we could go to the Blue Star. I heard that DJ-PON3 was playing tonight, and I know there are a lot of colts looking for mares every night nursing a bottle of whiskey. Who’d be better to cheer them up than you Fluttershy!?"

"Uhm...uhhhh...."

"For Celestia's sake, come on!"

Rainbow grabbed a hold of Fluttershy’s hoof and took off flying. In a matter of minutes, they were at the club. They could hear the bass and the wubs from outside.

"I don’t know Rainbow… I don't even know what to do if I find a colt I like." said Fluttershy in a voice so quiet Rainbow could barely hear her.

Rainbow laughed. "I'll show you what to do. Let’s just go inside."

Inside the club the lights flashed shades of dark blue and purple. The band members on stage were three older-looking colts. The guitar player had long hair, the drummer was bald and the bass player singer (who was almost all muscle) had his hair pulled forward in is face but it was at a point.
"Huh, I didn’t know that the Manefits were playing before DJ-PON3. Lucky day Fluttershy, you get to meet some metal-head and punk colts too!"

Fluttershy looked scared at the giant mosh pit in the front by the stage.
"Do they have to hit each other like that?"

Rainbow got a look in her eyes that Fluttershy recognized right away. Before she could run her legs still moving, Rainbow lifted her off the ground and flew to the pit, dangling Fluttershy about five feet above the anarchy

"Get ready to have the best time of your life Fluttershy!"

Fluttershy looked down into the carnage and Rainbow began to count.

"One, two, THREE!!"

Fluttershy, too scared to use her wings, screamed as she fell on top of the other ponies who caught her and began carrying her to the stage. She was thrown on stage just as they finished a song. The pony playing bass and singing looked at her and announced. "This next song is dedicated to this frightened pony on stage. It’s called Hybrid Moments! …1,2,3,4!!"

Rainbow picked her up off the stage and bought her a hot cup of cider to calm her down.

"Oh come on Fluttershy, you can’t say that wasn’t fun" said Rainbow with a frown.

Fluttershy began to smile. She looked over at her cyan friend.

"Ok, maybe that was a little fun."

Fluttershy noticed a colt behind Rainbow that began walking towards the bar. He walked up to Fluttershy.

"Can I buy you a drink?" he asked very politely.


Fluttershy looked him down. He had a dark green coat and blue hair that looked dyed. He wore it almost exactly how Pinkie’s hair looks when she’s sad and depressed. His wings folded at his sides, and a pile of safety pins was his cutie mark.

"Sure" said Fluttershy very shyly.

The colt smiled, and looked at the bartender.

"Aye, barkeep! Two peach ciders here."

The bartender got their bottles, and the colt put the bits on the counter and looks over at Fluttershy.

"So, what’s a pretty lady like you doing in a place like this?"

"Oh, well my friend Rainbow took me out on a girl’s night out tonight."

"Well what do you think?"

"It’s kind of chaotic, but I’m having fun. I haven’t actually been this much out of my shell since flight school."

"I could tell you were the shy type. I’m extremely shy myself. I saw you walk in, and I wanted to talk to you, but it took me this long to gather up the guts." The colt smiled and turned bright red.

"Well, I think you’re a very nice colt Mr...?"

"Freedom. And you are?"

"My name’s Fluttershy." Fluttershy was strongly feeling the effects of the ciders she drank and looked over to Freedom.

"I think I’m going to have Rainbow take me home; maybe I’ll see you again soon, Freedom."

"Same to you, Miss Fluttershy." He smiled.

Rainbow came back next to them and smiled drunkenly at Freedom.

"Now you *hic* take care of Fluttershy, *hic* she’s my sister, and if you hurt her, I’ll..."

Before Rainbow could finish, Fluttershy picked her up on her back, looked at Freedom, smiled, and walked out the door of the club.

……………………

The way back to Rainbow and Flash's house seemed like forever. When they arrived, Fluttershy knocked lightly. Flash answered the door. "Shh, I just got the kids to bed. Blaze was horrible to get to sleep."

"I’m just going to drop Rainbow off, she passed out."

"Why?"

"She drank about a half a case of cider."

Flash stiffens at this news.

"She was celebrating being happy with you, and she was right next me the whole time. Soarin wasn’t around."

He relaxes a little, and invites her in for some coffee.

"Sure, that sounds nice."

Fluttershy walks into the beautiful cloud house that Flash bought around the time him and Rainbow got married.

"So," asks Flash as he's making coffee. "How are your relationship difficulties going?"

"I'm still single, but I met a colt at this punk show rainbow brought me to that I really would like to see again."

"Oh really? What’s his name?"

"Freedom."

Flash froze almost as bad as he did when he found out Rainbow was drinking.

To be Continued…

Author's Note:

hahaha cliffhangersssss
*the song name Hybrid Moments belong to The Misfits*